Guilds

GM_Chris
GM

Guilds

Post by GM_Chris »

After this event we WILL have a much greater handle on guilds that exist or don't exist as the case may be.

We are also looking at ways to make the site better. Therefore, wayne and I were talking and had an idea. Basically once your guild gets either so many members, or so much influence, then your guild name will be posted on these forums with the amount of votes they have gotten the previous event.

We liked this idea because anyone living in an area know about notorious groups, even if they do not know who is in them.

This can be expanded by the guild leaders to have private forums, posted public crest, bylaws, whatever.

Thoughts?
-Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

That sounds cool :)
Pentaguishine
Todd
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Todd »

I have BIG plans for this as well
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

It's been a while, but have there been any new thoughts as to guilds and guild rules? We've got some groundwork to lay for the Order of the Phoenix, and I would like to be working with the most current info when we get around to it.
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

there are no new rules just organization stuff on our end. Like when do we count votes, how do we count people. I will write a thingy up soonish.

-Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

Ok. I'll try to get you a write up as soon as I slog through these term papers and get another issue of the newspaper ready for publication. It may be a while, but we should have the time. March is a ways away!
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Tonia Glowski
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Tonia Glowski »

Might I suggest that you refrain from posting the actual numbers of votes since this is a great way to reverse engineer and cheese who voted for whom? And worse, who DIDN'T vote for whom?

You might consider that if a group / person gets 'x' number of votes that they simply qualify as "someone who has enough influence around here to be known." Besides, just because someone is (in)famous, doesn't mean I should know how many people actually support that entity.

Just a suggestion, as I doubt it'll apply much to me in-game (with this character at least). :)
Tonia Brown
aka: Talanalassë Isilisurë the Elven Artificer (Final Haven)
Jade the Gargoyle (Final Haven)
Pasha the Sylvani Seer (Winter Haven)
Grok the Orc Head (A Pouch)