Next Year

What do you think

I would prefer all the normal people over an increase in prices
17%
I would not mind spending $25 if that meant decreasing the normals
17%
I would not mind spending $30 each event
30%
Hell, I would spend more than $30 each event if it helped the atmosphere of the game
35%

Total votes: 23
GM-Mike
GM

Next Year

Post by GM-Mike »

We are looking at our options for next year as to whether to stay at Ionia or find another place. Since many have invested in tents, we would like to be at a place where tenting is allowed. I definitely liked the look of it and people seemed to enjoy it. The problem we have with Ionia is the number of normal people walking around so we are throwing around the idea of renting more of the park. We could try and rent the HUnting Lodge (don't know if this is possible or the costs of it) or we could rent more of the park in the other direction, including taking over the campsites at the other end of the park. This way, even if there is a large gang of motorcycles at the Hunting Lodge, then we can at least continue playing toward the other end of the park and not worry about bothering groups in that direction. It would also allow us the possibility of having a two village type of scenario as well, which could be cool. A third option would be to find another site. All of these options boils down to the same discussion for all of you, which is money, so please vote and add comments that you feel will add to the discussion. Thanks.
Donmayo
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donmayo »

I have to agree I love the place, but the high traffic volume kills it for me. About the 17th car of the day going by and I begin to miss... :/ old places..
*Seeing 3 birdmen in the road Corbyn asks:
"Donmayo can we trust these travelers?"
-They are Avyana, of course not"
“But you’re an Avyana”
-Yesss I am, aren't I...

-Donmayo of Mahuru April 1055 PEW
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

It is very hard under current price schemes for us to find a better price especially since the nicer places have a per person price. With a per person price tag the only way for us to have a margin is to increase the price ALOT since we can never make it up with more bodies.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

You know I wanted to make another post. I am not advacating this by any means, but I wanted to kind of bring this up as something to think about.

If you stayed at a hotel from 3pm to 11am you would be charged 30 dollars to even say 80 for the night at an OK motel. (You know something like a motel 6 to a motel 8 depending ont he area and time of year)

That is 1.5 dollars per hour to 4 an hour. A total of 60 to 160 for a 2 night stay.

On the other hand our LARP charges .5 dollars per hour. 20 dollars for 40 hours of goodness. We dont just give you a place to stay, but we also give you constant intertainment and joy.

We also work every day on this thing with no pay. Infact we kinda take a loss

If you add in all the money you have spent on coins and costuming and then factor in how many events you have gone to at 20 a person instead of 80 a person how much money did you save and how much more fun was it than staying at a super 8?

I have to say what a value.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them