Rule Changes

Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Swashbuckler vs Barbarian or Beast Hunter

Depends on who gets hit first if the beast hunter is disarmed then he's toast taking vorpal damage.
Taunt is more or less moot now with the fact that someone can run. What else are you going to do when you enter a combat? You either fight or you flee.
Or stand aside counting until you can do something, which with either of the calls you don't have the ability to do. :lol:
No swashbuckler will have more than 20 life/armor so 7 hits takes them down. Swashbuckers are neat but not overpowered. And in mass combat they are less useful than a thief due to their abilities being life based and them having little to no armor.
Swashbuckler\Alchemist we already talked about poison and dealing vorpal, this Swashbucler could disarm 5 people in combat and start doing vorpal to people and still have a life point left. Add full path warrior to the equation and all of a sudden you have someone that can nearly continuosly disarm (using potions to heal before going into negatives) and killing people left and right with vorpal and using parry to avoid taking huge damage to his armor. So this swasbuckler could disarm 4 people very easily since all you have to to is block any attempt to hit you and call disarm and 2 vorpal poison 5 1 person then start killing the others. This is without any buffs or guild skills. Remember they are also the only 1 duel wielding so blocking isn't that hard and hitting people mutiple times in a very short period of time is also pretty easy as well. I gaurantee that doing 2 vorpal damage dual wielding short swords I can cut anyone down before they can draw another weapon or pick up their current one.
then either charging another impale or just chase them down and kill them same as anyone else.
AH but the moment you stop to charge anything you've lost your prey, I'm a fatass and I can still outrun anyone on the field, except possibly Brad V 1.0 given a 5 second head start. Anyone that has to charge anything will almost alway lose in a fight against someone that spends life for their skill.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Peace420 wrote:Depends on who gets hit first if the beast hunter is disarmed then he's toast taking vorpal damage

Swashbuckler\Alchemist we already talked about poison and dealing vorpal, this Swashbucler could disarm 5 people in combat and start doing vorpal to people and still have a life point left.

I gaurantee that doing 2 vorpal damage dual wielding short swords I can cut anyone down before they can draw another weapon or pick up their current one.
Fear is a ranged attack, thus there is no question who gets the first attack.

Disarming 5 people means 4 of them pick up their weapons, or at least one will resist and beat the tar out of the swashbuckler. swashbuckler cannot beat anyone beyond maybe a 2 on 1.

As for you beating anyone, I'll believe that when I see it. A common warrior/knight can kill a swashbuckler quite easily unless the swashbuckler does some good backwards thinking. Also with vorpal there is no difference between swinging one weapon or two. It is physically impossible to call "2 vorpal" faster than you can swing one weapon.
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

My 2 cents

Post by Nelkie »

Ok, I think taunt needs to be better defined. When taunted a person must engage the person in melee until damage is taken or flee ask per the fear effect. If it is still believed taunt is overpowered than make it so a life point must be spent. Also to use taunt one must hit the person for it to work.

As for the swashbuckler, it is not over powered. while vorpaling all incoming damage is crush and you can only use the rage skill while you are vorpaling. Disarm is only deadly if you can get a person by themselves and they only have 1 weapon and do not carry a shield. Personal I carry at least 2 weapons on me and usually have a shield with me. I do not fear disarm. Also you can always run away once you have been disarmed.
Disarm in battle is not more powerful than any other 3 level combat disapline out there (fear, impale,etc)

As for fear and sleep being able to be resisted more than nerve pinch and stun strike, that is a true statment, but there is a bonus to fear and sleep. It is considered crush, nerve pinch is not. So you have an extra negative to counter the extra postive of it being a crush effect.

Questions on root. It takes a 10 secounds to free yourself. So I can free myself while being beat upon? and what about if I'm under a free or taunt effect? Do you need a weapon to free yourself from a root? Can I block incoming attacks with a weapon or shield and still free myself?
My Thoughts

Aaron
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Another note on the nerve pinch, stunstrike, and sleep effects. Thinking about it, leave these as if you get hit once you've charged, you lose the charge. However, change backstab to be only if you are hit while charging. As for the others, I haven't given them much thought yet. This would make the skills of sleep, nerve pinch and stunstrike mostly non combat skills. This way, NPCs not wearing armor phys reps don't get cheesed with nerve pinch, and people wouldn't waste stunstrike on things with helmets. However in a non combat situation, those skills are still effective as you'll have time to ask those kind of OOG questions.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

My swashbuckler examples were assuming a multiple person battle not 1 on 6.

Where does it say that you can only use the rage skill if vorpaling? It does say that that is the only skill you can combine with vorpal.
Death=Adder

~Pink Floyd~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

From the rulebook:

"The only skill you can use while in the vorpal form is the rage skill."

Also of note, as it stands for taunt, you could still do counted actions. Attacking doesn't mean you can't charge a backstab or nerve pinch, etc. If that's how you'd attack then so be it. If it said must enter melee combat then you'd lost that ability.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Ried read my statement again and you'll see that we are saying the same thing. You can use Rage any time you want but it is the only skill you can combine with vorpal. The way Aaron stated it made it seem like he was saying that a swashbuckler can only use rage while doing vorpal.
Death=Adder

~Pink Floyd~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Ah, I get it. Guess it all depends on how you read the post. I read it as Aaron saying the only other skill you may use with vorpal is rage. I guess not everyone is able to read Nelkie. Aaron was saying what I just stated, not that rage may only be used in vorpal form.

Only rage may be used in vorpal form
vs.
Rage may only be used in vorpal form

The first is correct.