ongoing plots

GM-Mike
GM

ongoing plots

Post by GM-Mike »

Coming soon a new forum will be added to the ingame section of our boards entitled ongoing plots (hint hint Brad). My main focus here will be to continue the plot we intentionally left hanging at the end of last event. Those of you who were there know what I am talking about. Those of you who were not, fret not because a colorful description of the ending will be provided for you. I wanted to lay down a few ground rules for you here.

First, do no expect much in the way of resolution--that would be saved for the live action part of our game. Instead, you can expect clues, some answers, and the ability to directly impact game play by influencing the direction of the plot that will continue at the beginning of next event.

Second, I will provide you with scenes and characters with whom you can interact. General updates will occur each Sunday evening around 8 o'clock. Specific updates such as character dialogues will be updated more frequently, at least daily.

Third, since it is occasionally difficult separating mere talk from intention on a board, all actions should be denoted in () parentheses. Private actions may be addressed via private message to myself. Public actions may be changed only prior to my general update on Sunday evening. For example, if your character states on the board that you are entering the crypt of death because you thought the whole party was coming, but no one else mentions they are going, feel free to step back out of the crypt before I tell you your fate.

Which leads to four, I will not directly kill your character online because that would be cheese. I only ask for no cheese in return. Stupidity will be rewarded with negative consequences, but again you should not fear death during this game.

Five, Private actions that are really in plain view will be included in my general update. Any part of your private message that would be public will be included, even if it is only, "Ovak is no longer in the room."

Six, any skill you possess can be used and in fact may be necessary. Not everyone can track, not everyone can pick locks. State your intention again in parentheses if you are using these skills or private message me.

Seven, all are welcome to participate. A transcript (I hope) will be available to people unable to participate at the next event. With those people in mind, again, the ultimate resolution will by necessity have to wait.

Eight, any npc I introduce can be killed outright should you choose, unless this is obviously not the case, such as you are standing in front of an army. It is assumed you win the battle against single npcs

Nine, killing an npc for no reason whatsoever may have real negative impacts (again a no cheese and a reminder that this is a pseudo ingame kind of a thing)

Ten, actually I can't think of a ten but it seemed like a nice round number to me.

Eleven, strangely enough I can think of an eleven, weird. While the intent of the board was to continue the hanging plot, I am aware that there may be other plots on your mind. Feel free to start a new topic to gather information on other plots. It is assumed that there is enough time for everyone to participate on all plots and that they are not happening simultaneously. You can expect updates to come less frequently if the list grows large but updates on the original plot will continue on time. If an inordinate amount of time passes without a response on a new plot thread, you can take that as a hint that I believe it will be covered in another plot thread and thus feel I can conserve some energy and concentrate on the others.

Any questions, comments, concerns?

Mike
Trevor Owen
GM

Continuing Plots

Post by Trevor Owen »

Excellent Mike, looking forward to continuing to see plots develop and keep interest up over the winter. I also second the idea that some of you delve deeper into some of the other plots surrounding your characters. Feel free to try and pick some information from us NPCs. It certainly can't hurt to know more, and you never know when something unexpectedly good could come about.

-Trevor
Master of witless lore and red herrings
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

Mike, when you get a chance drop me a PM and let me know what you'd like to see from me concerning the continuing plot. I've been downright eager to know what you've had in mind.
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.