the tribal gathering.


Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

User avatar

Town Member
Town Member

Posts: 286

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:48 pm

Location: the tipsy traveler.

Post Wed May 16, 2012 4:50 pm

the tribal gathering.

from off in the woods came a familiar sound, a long howl could be heard across haven. this was not an uncommon sound as people knew the beastman rothek in haven, but then something happened that the people would not expect.

the howl was answered by another.....and then another..... followed by another until feral howls, barks and snarls echoed through out the air then all was quiet.

then into view came rothek walking towards town with a tan man clad in a brown road weary robe.

"urr this where rothek has been den father, this haven, good place many peoples in haven tribe."

Rothek pointed towards the tipsy traveler.

"there is tippy traveler, rothek stay there, korgan live there and give rothek shiny to be what he call "bouncer" quen live there too he make things."

rothek pointed to where the keep used to be.

" haven used have big place where fionna live, she den mother of haven tribe now because esmerl esrell esmell.... other den mother have to leave. black magics make keep bad and it fall."

the the robe clad man nodded

"interesting, go on rothek, "

as rothek and the man walked around the town, more and more wolf beastmen were starting emerge from the tree line some walked on two legs others on all fours, but as soon all of them saw rothek and the man they walked over to them and began to follow them. some of the other beastmen came with berries, small game and other items. as the dusk became night a bon fire was built.

the gathering had begun.
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
User avatar

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Posts: 36

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:11 pm

Post Wed May 16, 2012 8:25 pm

Bailey stands with Gideon loosing arrows into a nearby pillar of wood near the fire. He doesnt pay much attention to te first howl, but with the many responding howls he pauses, looks toward the sounds, and relaxes his hand on the bow string. He watches as the pack enters the clearing, though he considers Rothek a worthy (though slightly disturbing) teammate he is unsure how to respond.
User avatar

GM

Posts: 557

Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:36 am

Location: Lowell, MI

Post Wed May 16, 2012 8:36 pm

*Gathering the rest of his belongings to make the trip back to Woodhaven for a couple moons, Serith hears the howls and starts to charge energies around his hand.

*Glances at Bailey

"This can only be good..."

*Serith smirks as he sees Rothek and then slowly lets the energy dissipate. Turning to Bailey and Gideon

"See, you feed one, and then they all come..."

*Serith laughs at his comment made in jest and shoulders his pack for the trip back to Woodhaven.

*In a low voice to Bailey and Gideon

"Keep an eye on the man in the robes, seems that Rothek is giving him a tour, and well we found out what that can lead to with the Ga'vin."
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
User avatar

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Posts: 27

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:45 am

Post Sat May 19, 2012 12:29 pm

"Mind if I accompany you Serith?"

Laylah was coming out of the inn dragging her rucksack, her face very rosy. She puffed, pushed her hair out of her eyes and halted. She glanced around at all the new faces gathered around the fire. Knowing and accepting Rothek was easy, but this many made her slightly nervous.

She smiled and waved, walking towards the road to Wood Haven. "Long as they don't start "marking" trees were good..."
Laylah Elora

Community Welfare Director and Hospital/ Orphanage Administrator of Woodhaven.

-Ad astra per aspera-
User avatar

GM

Posts: 557

Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:36 am

Location: Lowell, MI

Post Sat May 19, 2012 2:32 pm

*Smiles to Laylah and beckons towards the road

"Of course not, I cant have my Hospital Administrator coming in contact with trouble."

*Looks to Bailey and Gideon

"I think it will be better for me to head out, I may get carried away with the rolled up parchment and yelling NO, when they all get outta hand."

*Back to Laylah

"After you My Lady."
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
User avatar

Town Member
Town Member

Posts: 390

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:32 pm

Location: Where help is needed.

Post Sat May 19, 2012 4:25 pm

Marcus came out of the Traveller, ever-present hammer in hand. He looked around, curious and more than a bit wary at the sounds of so many beastmen, and then saw Laylah and Serith. He hails them and comes over to them as they are leaving.

"Well. (he smirks) This is interesting, isn't it? Here I am settling in for some food, when the whole woods seems fit to come down with this racket."
-Evil always prevails when good people do nothing.

-All knight, every night.
User avatar

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Posts: 27

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:45 am

Post Sun May 20, 2012 9:04 am

"You know, I'm starting to think we do all troubles work for him. He just lays about and we manage to get in all kinds of mess." She giggles. "However! It keeps me busy, and I wouldn't have it any other way."

Laylah pivots and walks backwards a few steps, minding the stones and branches occupying the path. She looks to Marcus.

"Would you really expect anything else of this place?" She gestures widely towards the surrounding area with a cheeky grin.
Laylah Elora

Community Welfare Director and Hospital/ Orphanage Administrator of Woodhaven.

-Ad astra per aspera-
User avatar

Town Member
Town Member

Posts: 286

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:48 pm

Location: the tipsy traveler.

Post Sun May 20, 2012 3:05 pm

serith and laylah would be on their way to woodhaven when there was a rustling in the bushes next to them, a small set of ears were poking out from over the brush. there was more rustling until a field mouse darted out infront of all three of them and from out of the bushes sprang a beastman cub trying to pounce on the mouse.

however the cub was oblivious to those gathered and jumped headlong into seriths leg nearly landing in his lap. dizzy from the tumble he took it looked around and finally realized the others. he quickly jumped to all fours and looked to those gathered.

"pointy ear!" it said as he bared tiny pin teeth at serith, before sniffing the air again. now the cub was confused.

"you pointy ear. but not smell like pointy ear." the cub sat up looking puzzled at the empath.
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
User avatar

GM

Posts: 557

Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:36 am

Location: Lowell, MI

Post Sun May 20, 2012 3:57 pm

*Serith is a bit taken back by the impact, but steadies himself and looks upon the young Pup.

"You are right young beastman, I am only Half-Elf, but I am very unlike the Elves you are used to."

*Serith channels his energy into a swirling mass of orange and blue essence and unleashes it towards the small little field mouse, and as it impacts the mouse tenses and falls over breathing peacefully, yet unconscious (Magic Sleep)

"Call this one a easy afternoon snack, next time you should try to pounce quicker, and also Always mind your surroundings, if I were a "Pointy Ear" that Rothek has told me about, then it would have been a bad day for you."
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
User avatar

Town Member
Town Member

Posts: 286

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:48 pm

Location: the tipsy traveler.

Post Sun May 20, 2012 4:48 pm

The young beastman scrambled to where the mouse had fallen and grabbed it with his claws

"Practice hunt everyday, cub grow to be big like alpha, strong like alpha" the cub made a grand gesture while speaking and puffed himself up to look bigger

"Someday go on real hunt, not just for mouse or rabbit, cub hunt big thing! Like bull-kin and then not be cub any more, have own name. Cub choose strong name."
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
User avatar

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Posts: 27

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:45 am

Post Mon May 21, 2012 1:05 pm

Laylah stifled a laugh as the young cub flew into Serith. She lightly put her hands up in front of her in a harmless manner as it bared its teeth.

"Aw, hello little one. Your alright from this lug I promise." She smiled brightly, gesturing towards Serith.

She knelt down in interest as the cub made its "speech".

"Well, I am positive you'll make a fine hunter."
Laylah Elora

Community Welfare Director and Hospital/ Orphanage Administrator of Woodhaven.

-Ad astra per aspera-
User avatar

Town Member
Town Member

Posts: 390

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:32 pm

Location: Where help is needed.

Post Mon May 21, 2012 1:05 pm

Marcus chuckles at the entire situation.

I'd agree with Serith. The number one rule of "pouncing" is to always know where and how you are going to land. Keeps the bad surprises to a minimum.
-Evil always prevails when good people do nothing.

-All knight, every night.
User avatar

Deceased

Posts: 1189

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:48 am

Location: Haven

Post Mon May 21, 2012 2:35 pm

Dallid approaches, a slight smile on his face.

"Well spoken, young one. Impressive, I must say. Has your Alpha been teaching your tribe our common language?"
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
User avatar

Town Member
Town Member

Posts: 286

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:48 pm

Location: the tipsy traveler.

Post Mon May 21, 2012 6:01 pm

the cub shakes his head at dallids question

"nope, den father teach cub to speak, den father teach all howling fang to speak, that how him become den father, him very smart"

the cub nods at laylah and lets out a bark of approval

"cub will be best hunter! cub be great warrior too. fierce!"

the young beastman threw the mouse up in the air and as it fell he caught it with his jaws and shook it.
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
User avatar

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Posts: 36

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:11 pm

Post Wed May 23, 2012 11:15 pm

Bailey squats down on his heels and with a faint trace of an accent creeping in says "I like that attitude. Go out and face the world!"
Next

Return to Out at the Fire Pit

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Designed by ST Software for PTF.