To Pray and Prepare

Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

The beast looked at the grey woman cocking his to one side, he picked out of few words the woman said but was mostly confused by her explanation, rothek watched the body language of lucindre as a means to help him understand then nodded.

"rothek do good"

then he turned to look at korrigan as if to say" what the hell did she just say??".
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Looks at the stranger*

Let's just say that go up against mages is more of a family occupation. My grandmother was one and needless to say I have that same gift as well.

*She pauses as if trying to carefully search for the correct words*

Which tribe of ga'vin do you hale from? A few years ago I spent a lot of time among ga'vin. Let's just say in the end there were lessons learned that were necessary for I had to witness first hand people's natures.

*She takes a drink*

Both for the better and the worse. If you wish Korrigan you can elaborate how I once was as opposed to now.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan opens the scroll and quickly reads it over.*

"I see. I reckon we can make this work, but considerin' this is official contact between your people and ours, you should likely talk to the Lady Regent. I can take you to her, if you like."
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at Korrigan with curiosity*

I thought there is a big bruhaha among folks of who all is exactly is looking out for Haven currently. At least that is the impression I got when I observed all the debating at the Keep.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Lady Lucindre
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Lady Lucindre »

"My ancestors were led by our Lady on the Great Walk through a portal to a far, far distant land. I have traveled through two portals and dozens, if not hundreds of leagues of forest, swamp and river to arrive here, so if the Invictus clan is unknown to you, I would not be surprised."

Lady Lucindre's brows make the tiniest of motions closer, her eyes going only slightly wider. "This... is official? Ah. I... believe, yes, yes I do need to speak with your Lady Regent. At a time convenient for her of course. It is unfortunate that I arrived precisely at a time least conducive to both my mission and pressing matters to your leadership."
Find peace in the eternal embrace of the Goddess.
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan looks to Aurora first.*

"Queen Esmerelda named Lady Fionna to be Regent while she tries to save her baby, but I'm also Steward of Haven till she gets back, and I'm going to make sure the people get what they need no matter who is in charge. A few bitchy, opportunistic adventurers can't unmake the whole Kingdom just 'cause they get their knickers in a bunch. Lady Fionna is a good woman and Queen Esmerelda's best friend. She's human, she'll make some mistakes, but I'm confident she'll do well by the people here."

*Giving a slight bow to Lucindre, the tall warrior gestures down the path.*

"Don't fret about the squabble at the Castle, Milady. I'm glad you're here and I know Lady Fionna will be, too. For now, let's head over to the Traveler. Lady Fionna was there when I left, and I reckon' we'll find Cariel's master nearby. I'll find you a room and Sandy can fix you a bath and a hot meal."
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

there is a pitter patter of feet, in the tell tale rythem of a slight jog. Ark speeds up slightly as he aproaches the group on the road, heading straight for Korrigan with a worried look on his face.

"Korrigan, there has been a tragedy!"

he removes his hat solemly and holds it in front of his chest in a sad manner. . .slowly lowering it reveals he is holding a cup behind it, and he slowly loooks down at it with a sad look on his face.

". . . .its empty. . . ."

he suddenly relises everyone else around him, giving a smile and nod to Aurora, and glancing at the other two he was less familier with.

"oh i apoligise was i interupting something important?"
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora takes a deep breath*

Wait...shouldn't all this formality wait until after matters get situated among the town or are people around here so blind these days they don't notice things falling apart around them.

Isn't there some sort of meeting Dallid is attempting to put together that is making sure the people who reside here will continue to go with things as they are in your head now Korrigan?

I'd hate for you all to mislead this new comer and than her have to go their all the fun of her having to explain herself all over again to folks.

*When Ark arrives Aurora stops talking.*

Light-hearted comedic timing....perfect timing Ark.

*She attempts to smiles*
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan chuckles as Ark reveals his cup and then fills it from his flask.*

"Ha! Here you go! That'll have to do till we get back to the Traveler, but lucky for you we're headed that way. Hate to see a man go thristy!"

*When Aurora speaks, Korrigan's chuckle fades.*

"No, Aurora, it shouldn't wait. I'm not putting Kingdom business on hold, and nothing is falling down. Four or five people have a bitch and suddenly it's the end of everything? I don't think so. There are a few folks who'd like to see that, either 'cause they see an angle for themselves or 'cause they get off on chaos, but I'm not having any of it. This is the Kingdom of Haven. Esmerelda is Queen and Fionna is Regent. That's not in my head, it's stone-simple fact. Just cause some people are TALKING about having a meeting to discuss MAYBE having a vote that MIGHT change things doesn't mean anything."

*Korrigan stops for a moment, turns to Aurora, and looks her in the eye.*

"'Also, 'cause we're friends I'll be straight with you and give you the chance to clarify something... 'Cause if we weren't friends, I'd take offense at what you said back there. A man could think you meant to call me blind and accuse me of havin' things wrong in my head and misleading people intentional-like. Now, I don't think that's what you meant, but I'd like to hear it from you."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at him an doesn't appear intimidated in the least.*

Seems from what I observed in the keep there are issues, quite a few major issues like people being given the freedom to execute whomever they wish with no reprocussions.

It also appears that there are quite a few unhappy people with in this area. Seems like there is a group who would like things clarified or the issue resolved because to be honest seems a little tense around here.

I wouldn't accuse you of anything....how about more of a recomendation maybe not only have yourself, but Fionna, Dallid, and Pear'An look at the documents since you all have titles and all. Perhaps keep more than just a select few in the loop.

To quote you, because we are friends how about we just pass these lovely veiled threats going back and forth as just a misunderstanding. It would be disheartening to think that two friends who faught together can't have a little misunderstand and instead have to resort to trying to intimidating or threatening the other just because the one friend hasn't been in these parts in awhile and is confused by some of their friend's behavior.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

*the beast rolled his eyes and let out an irritated chuff. he hefted his catch and looked over toward cariel beckoning. *

"we go now cub, you come back to tippy traveler with korgan and rothek if want?"

rothek then turned to aurora and his eyes slightly narrowed, shifting the dear on his shoulder.

"much happen at sandy city, many things rora not know about. korgan and white man can tell her if she listen."
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Lady Lucindre
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Lady Lucindre »

"I appreciate the invitation Sir Korrigan. I realize my appearance, though welcome, is sudden and unexpected, and the smallest desire in my mind is to cause more of an inconvenience. As for explaining myself again, I have done so previously to a guthrie caravan, a flight of av'yana, and even to a trio of foul dirt-beasts who sought to relieve me of my ability to breathe. Once or twice more will simply reinforce a lesson in patience."

A slight intake of breath and a focused look in Aurora's direction give evidence to a thought unspoken, her gaze quickly moving to Ark, a hand brought to her heart as she bows in his direction. "No harm done sir, I am simply attempting to become acquainted with the area. I hope to dwell within these woods for as long as I am welcome."
Find peace in the eternal embrace of the Goddess.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Ark bowed back in a serious manner unbefitting of him.

"Haven and I both welcome you here, and hope you find everything well during your days here."

he steps back clearing the road, and in a lower voice speaks towards Aurora and Korrigan.

"how many do you supose have died for haven?. . .how many do you supose have yet too?"

He looks at them both and tightens his grip on his sword.

"lets see if we cant get people to live for Haven shall we, so that newcomers like this have a safe and understanding society to come too."
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan looks from Aurora to Ark and shakes his head slightly. Neither his face nor his body show any signs of tension or aggression.*

"Dammit, Aurora, you know me better than that. If you've got issues I expect you to speak your mind, not dance around it. If you don't like what Esmerelda or Sunny did, just say that. This whole "its seems that some people" stuff is crap. If you want change, say so. If you want someone new in charge, make your case. I'm working with what I've got till something changes, and then I'll work with that."

*Pulling his hat off his head, Korrigan pulls a sheet of parchment from inside it.*

"Truth be told, I'm not happy with how it all went down with Abaddon, especially because I was traveling at the time and didn't know shit about it. What I do know is this: Abaddon's a fucker, Sunny fucked up, Esmerelda fucked up, Mary was fucked up and Kami just got fucked. That's what went down - no one was given the chance to execute anyone they wanted without repercussion. There will be consequences, and the only reason it hasn't happened yet is that most of the people involved up and goddamn vanished last moon.

Right now, anyway, Esmerelda is our Queen. The people believe in her and in our Kingdom, they feel safer and better taken care of than ever. They are the ones who are going to suffer if this all comes apart, so I'm going to do everything I can to protect them. This is a list of projects I've started in the last couple weeks, and there's dozens more the people need. I'm not in any special loop. I've got a title because I've got the job of making sure the people suffer as little as possible, and I'm sure as shit going to do it."

*The Innkeeper sighs, fans himself with his hat for a moment, then continues.*

"Also, when the hell did I threaten you? Don't think I'm threatening you by asking you to clear things up. Don't think I mean anything other than exactly what I say. I've got no patience for subtle slights and bullshit, and I'll take far less offense to someone calling me an asshole than I will to someone playin' games with words. I meant what I said, I don't think you intended to accuse me of anything, but if you did I'd rather you just come out and say it. No games between friends, that the last thing we need."

*When Ark speaks, Korrigan looks on approvingly.*

"Thank you, Ark. If people just choose to live for Haven, we'll be a fair sight closer to making all of this work."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at Korrigan*

Fine, you want me to totally put it out there. The whole thing is extremely fucked. It's the type of behavior I would not expect out of Esmerelda and I'm severely disappointed and dumbfounded by her actions. If she wanted Abaddon killed so badly she should have not allowed him back into the fold in the first place telling him that all was forgiven. This behind closed door crap makes her look weak and that she cannot in the end be trusted.

She knew I was in Caldonia, all she had to do was send word and I would have come back into town personally and did the old Witch-Hunter thing.

Even you can see after what went down in the Keep that not all people are not all thrilled with the way leadership is going right now.

*She looks at him*

Our exchange of words, Korrigan that did sound a bit like a veiled threat and like you I'm not in the mood for any double-speak. So on that front, I apologize for the odd exchange of words between the two of us.

*She takes a drink*

Things my friend appear like it's about to get worse before it gets better due to this power struggle and in the end the people who are going to get hurt are the people that are suppose to be able to count on folks to protect them.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman