To Pray and Prepare


Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

User avatar

New in Town
New in Town

Posts: 10

Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:41 pm

Location: Wandering

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:21 pm

To Pray and Prepare

The night was unseasonably cold, clouds lingering as the forest greedily sucked up the last of the rain from the most recent storm. In a denser copse of trees, a shadow bustled around, gathering a bundle of tinder and kindling, then clearing an area of the forest floor down to the bare dirt. After a short pause, an orange flame lit, revealing a figure wearing embossed fullplate with a shield at its side, a sword hilt protruding from the shield's side. The twigs, stacked into a rough cone, caught from the burst of magic held in its right hand, but the hand stayed long after the night's fire had established itself. The figure's left hand joined the right soon after, and the hours passed with only the crackle of the flames breaking the still summer air.

The small amount of fuel gathered did not last until dawn, and it was not until dawn that the figure rose, covering the last small embers with a boot. Gray hands lifted the grayer shield, a brilliant gold and blue device resembling the sun centered on the front. This was raised in salute to the east, before the figure turned towards the west. The stride quickened, as if the journey was almost over, the destination the towers of a castle just beginning to protrude over the trees on the horizon.
Find peace in the eternal embrace of the Goddess.

Town Member
Town Member

Posts: 79

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:50 pm

Post Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:34 pm

As the figure rose to begin her journey towards the castle, a soft scuffling came from along the road.

A small figure appeared on the path a few feet ahead from out of the forest. A dark furred wolf-child stood protectivly before the gates on all fours. Her patchwork clothes a bit small and she carried a sword in her viciously clawed hands. Her bright orange eyes watched the grey woman carefully and she shook her head, the collar around her neck clanging.
"Never take a stranger's advice. Never let a friend fool you twice." "
User avatar

New in Town
New in Town

Posts: 10

Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:41 pm

Location: Wandering

Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:36 am

The figure paused on the path, feet shifting slightly into a more balanced stance as its right hand grasped the hilt of its sword. Eyes narrowing behind the facial guard of its helmet, the figure unsheathed a longsword, but made no move to attack. Instead, it brought the hilt to its heart and bowed slightly before returning the blade to the shield. The voice that issued from the helmet was melodious, accented strangely, and definitely female.

"May her light shine upon you. Would you be able to direct me to the leader of those who dwell within these woods?"
Find peace in the eternal embrace of the Goddess.

Town Member
Town Member

Posts: 79

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:50 pm

Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:08 am

The wolf-girl raised herself up to her feet and returned the bow. She teetered slightly and hrer tail stiffened to aid her balance.

Straightening up, her tail wagged and the girl clasped her hands behind her back in a polite manner, sword dangling behind her. Turning to point at the castle, she spoke in a sweet, friendly voice,


"The Queen lives there, but she gone. Don' wanna go there, lotsa yellin'. Cariel can take Grey Lady to meet Cariel's Master. Master Gil is nice. "

She absently placed a strip of leather from the end of a thick chain on her collar into her mouth and began chewing, like a child with an errant strand of hair.

After a moment, the pup tilted her head.


"Who is "her" and why she have light?"
"Never take a stranger's advice. Never let a friend fool you twice." "
User avatar

Town Member
Town Member

Posts: 465

Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:53 am

Location: NPC Camp

Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:48 am

*Footsteps can be heard coming up the trail as Korrigan comes into view. The Innkeeper holds a small piece of parchment in one hand and he appears to be counting his strides as he walks. Upon seeing the two people on the trail ahead of him he blinks once and shakes his head.*

"Another beast-man? Beast-woman? Dog-girl? Dog-woman? Dog-person? Oh hell..."

*Coming closer still, Korrigan recognizes Cariel and seems visibly relieved.*

"Oh, hey Cariel, it's you. I thought we'd grown another one of... you folk? Who's your friend here?"
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
User avatar

Town Member
Town Member

Posts: 286

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:48 pm

Location: the tipsy traveler.

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:01 pm

A few minutes after korrigan had shown and greeted the armor clad woman and the young beast girl, a deer walked out into the clearing. Its head down grazing on plants and other various vegitation, it brought its head back up as if it had noticed movement, the animal was just about to bound away when from out of nowhere a beast lunged at the startled deer catching it completely off guard and plowed in to it. upon further investigation korrigan and cariel would recognize the beast as Rothek as he furiously clawed and bit at his prey, the deer tried desperatly to escape the beast mans onslaught but struggled in vein as rotheks jaws closed around its throat and with a quick jerk the deer struggled no more.

Rothek let go and then shook before he noticed anyone was around

" hello korgan, hello cub..." The beast hefted the deer on to his shoulder and began to walk back in the direction of the inn.
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.

Town Member
Town Member

Posts: 79

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:50 pm

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:14 pm

The beast girl wagged her tail as she noticed Korrigan approach. Happily she moved to his side, giving a clumsy bow.

"Hello, Mr. Korrigan! Cariel hopes you are well. This Cariel's new friend, Grey Lady. Grey Lady, this Mr. Korrigan. "
"Never take a stranger's advice. Never let a friend fool you twice." "
User avatar

New in Town
New in Town

Posts: 10

Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:41 pm

Location: Wandering

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:38 pm

"Without disputes there is only stagnation. Despite their necessity, I find them distinctly unpleasant. If you would direct me to your master, I have a proposition to discuss with those who would be able to fulfill it."

The helmet tracked to the one called Korrigan, and a small chuckle emerged after she heard the pup's name for herself.

"A Grey Lady I may be, but I prefer..."

A slight upward tug pulled the helmet free, revealing a ashen face with more sun iconography burned into the flesh around her cheeks and temples. A few strands of hair hung loose around the Ga'Vin's ears, but most was pulled back into a tight bun at the back of her head. She bowed again, lower for Korrigan than she had for Cariel.

"Lady Lucindre til Surya, Grey Lady of the Order of Sol, Servant of the Lady of the Land and High Prince Invicta til Andios."

Her eyes darted over as Rothek made his catch, but quickly returned to Korrigan as she straightened.

"Are you also seeking refuge from the sadly indispensable inanity known as politics?"
Find peace in the eternal embrace of the Goddess.
User avatar

Town Member
Town Member

Posts: 730

Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:08 am

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:18 pm

*Walking out of the Keep when the conversation stops, Aurora notices Korrigan and heads over to him. She flashes a quick half-smile to Rothek....she looks annoyed.*

Korrigan, please tell me that you have something on you. When did everyone decide to behave like a pack of rabid wolves making a play to be alpha? What's been going on around here?

*Aurora notices the stranger and has a bit more of a defensive posture especially, after noticing a few features using her natural ability to notice things that most don't see usually.*
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
User avatar

Town Member
Town Member

Posts: 286

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:48 pm

Location: the tipsy traveler.

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:34 pm

Rothek's brow lightened as he caught aurora's smile, the beast man turned to face all of those gathered as the woman walked up to korrigan,

"white man say fionna alpha now, then all start squabling like cubs over bone, rothek not stay long cuz yelling make rothek head hurt" the beast noticed aurora's defensive stance right away and turned his head toward the ga'vin all the while holding on to the deer he had caught.
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
User avatar

Town Member
Town Member

Posts: 465

Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:53 am

Location: NPC Camp

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:04 am

*Korrigan bows to Lucindre as she introduces herself.*

"Well met, Milady. As Cariel said, I'm Korrigan Drochlann, Steward of Haven and master of the Tipsy Traveler Inn. For the moment I've said my peace, and listening to the same thing said fifty different ways is bound to piss me off, so I decided to clear out of there and do somethin' useful."

*Seeing Aurora coming down the trail, Korrigan produces a silver flask from under his armor. He hands it to her when she asks and continues to talk to Lucindre*

"Lady Lucindre, this here is Aurora, a witch hunter of the old code. Also, the other big fuzzy one over there is Rothek. Don't take offense at his lunch, he doesn't mean any disrespect - it's just his way. What sorta proposition you lookin' to make? I'm sure either myself or the Regent can help you."
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
User avatar

Town Member
Town Member

Posts: 730

Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:08 am

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:07 am

*Aurora grabs the flask from Korrigan*

Ah you remembered.....

*She nods and tips the flask at the stranger and looks at Rothek*

I don't think there are to many people ok with that idea, hense the debate.

*She grins at Korrigan*

And now we know why I've been mobile for awhile and just off doing the witch-hunter thing since I do believe I'm one of the few who even remembers the old way and there are to many....well not so very kind- hearted folks around to try and say that diplomatically.

Magic users...always trying to push the boundries....
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
User avatar

Town Member
Town Member

Posts: 286

Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:48 pm

Location: the tipsy traveler.

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:56 am

Rothek snorted at gavin woman and nodded.

"hello burned one." The beast thumped his chest twice "rothek. Rothek protect at tippy traveler, korgan call rothek "bouncer", not know what that is."
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.

Town Member
Town Member

Posts: 79

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:50 pm

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:24 pm

Cariel attempted another polite bow to the Ga'vin.

"Hello, Lady Lucindre. Cariel is pleased to meet you."

The pup smiled up at her, flashing sharp fangs. As Aurora approached, the pup's ears lowered and her eyes met the ground nervously.

"Hello Miss Aurora."

Shooting the other beastman a wary glance, the pup looked back to the Ga'vin.

"Cariel can take Lady Lucindre to meet Master, if Lady would like."
"Never take a stranger's advice. Never let a friend fool you twice." "
User avatar

New in Town
New in Town

Posts: 10

Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:41 pm

Location: Wandering

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:13 pm

Lucindre bows to Aurora as well. "The pleasure of this meeting is mine. It takes a rare amount of courage to go up against those who would twist the magics of the land to nefarious ends. It is well that Rothek is gathering his own sustenance, far more able than the beasts I am used to interacting with."

She turned to the Beastman in question. "Bouncers remove those the proprietor and rightful patrons of an establisment find obtrusive and offensive." She tweaked an eyebrow. "I trust you follow Sir Korrigan's dictates admirably."

She turned back to Korrigan, removing a scroll (Check for a PM Taki) with a wax seal from her shield, holding it out. "This missive from my master likely describes my mission in more detail, however one of the primary objectives of my order is to establish relationships with the surrounding kingdoms and regencies, building mutually beneficial cooperation through first-hand experience of the lands beyond those known to the Order. I seek permission to assist and observe."

"Cariel, I would be honored to meet your master, though I believe I need to place priority on meeting your Regent. I do not wish to intrude here without the consent of your leadership. Is your Regent involved in the lung capacity competition inside the keep? I would avoid interrupting if they are attempting to restore the peace, or searching for some of the same after departing from the debacle."
Find peace in the eternal embrace of the Goddess.
Next

Return to Out at the Fire Pit

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Designed by ST Software for PTF.