Darkness Shrouds

Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

Darkclaw
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Darkclaw »

*A low growl issues from Darkclaw. In a strained voice*

If you would be so kind, leave this fire Raveil. Your talk of pain and experintation is not welcomed by this fire tonight.

*Darkclaw locks is penetrating gaze on Raviel until the leaves*
For the right price, I'll kill it for you!
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Indeed. Perhaps you would like to test your fate at the house of chance?" Abaddon says, his painted face smiling.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Raviel
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Raviel »

Raviels eyes sharpen, but like hes grining widely under his robes. "But of course, although, those who have inflicted pain they wish they had not often fear the subject, Sleep well." He glides backwards into the woods, no rustles, just silence. "chance it is."
Sigh, I supose I will have to kill you too.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Gol, hands tense on his sword, waits for the skeletal one to leave, before saying under his breath, "Well at least he doesn't pretend to be a decent person."

He turns to Darkclaw then, slightly curious. "What do the foul smell like? Can you tell a foe just by its scent, then?"

Gol makes no attempt to get closer to the fire and always keeps a wary eye toward the darkness, as he awaits an answer.
Darkclaw
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Darkclaw »

*Darkclaw smiles at Gol*

I was born with a good nose. I can some times smell how people are feeling and their intentions. I can smell the undead from far away and when an animal is on the hunt. It is a gift that I treasure.

As for what foul or evil smells like, it is a sharp bitter smell. it almost burns like when you accidently breath in pepper. It will make you nose wrinkel up in disgust.
For the right price, I'll kill it for you!
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

A voice comes out of the darkness "It's a sorry thing that you weren't in Haven. We could have had you confirm what many suspected"

Esmerelda steps into the circle of light and heads towards Gol. She gives the young man's hand a squeeze and a small smile that doesn't reach her eyes. She then walks towards the fire and bobs a slight curtsy towards Serith, Mohdri and Darkclaw.

"Mind if I join you? It gets boring being in the kitchen constantly..."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Looking on as many people have gathered around the fire, watching EVERYTHING with a trained eye, Taking in every breath, nuance, and also watches as people start to get agitated at the newcomer.

*Smiles to Modrhi and accepts his hand in a firm shake

"I am indeed a newcomer, I arrived with Daine and the remenants of what was left of his Fishing Village from your Haven"

*Looks to Aurora and frowns

"Please, I am no Sir or a Mister...I have no standing in civilized society, and Im no ones elder."

****OOC Sorry bout the delay....been HECTIC!*****

*Seeing the newcomers obvious "affliction" a small glow is iminating from around Serith, but is quickly extinguished as the new one fades back

*Smiles to Esmerlda as she approaches and bows and gestures to the surrounding area around the fire

"Anyone is Welcome to partake in the fires warmth....If they mean no harm"
*as Serith stares off in the direction of the one known as Raviel heading to the house of chance
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

OOG: Sorry for the delay, I'm not in town atm.

*Before Raviel leaves*

I'm not afraid of you. Back when I was in training in a Kingdom that is no longer in existance called Silverthorne. Individuals with hands such as yourself were called necromancers and they were evil.

*After awhile with Serth*

My apologies. I'm polite when I meet people at first. Comes from being the daughter of knights where Mr., Sir, Lord, Lady was commonplace.

Would you like it if I just called you Serth?
Last edited by Aurora on Fri May 02, 2008 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

"Very much so, and i mean no disrespect for the ways of your culture, just that I am not one who should be regarded as such...that is all."

*smiles and stokes the fire and watches intently as the embers dance along the dark sky again
Serith Darkheart

Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

*With a bit of sound from the leaves underfoot, Daine walks into the firelight. He wears a long coat to ward against the chill remaining from the winter.*

"So," he says, rubbing his hands and holding them out against the warmth of the fire, "What's the news tonight?" He cocks his head, sweeping the group with his remaining eye.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda looks appraisingly at Serith.

"You seem very much the gentleman to me in deed if not in title, so do not discount yourself as a sir, good sir. I think anymore one's actions speak louder than any name granted by a king." A pained look crosses the young woman's face. "Any fool can claim a title. Only a man noble in his deeds truly earns it."

Sitting down on the ground, she tucks a wayward curl behind one ear and glances over at Daine.

"I should have thought of it sooner," she mutters to herself. "Daine, I was wondering- I'm trying to plan a little memorial to all those who fell at Haven. Would you like to participate? Since you are a survivor too. You and Serith would both be welcome, if you like. I don't ever want to forget what happened on that horrible night. It would dishonor the dead to do so, in my opinion..."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

*The little Guthrie's face turns grim*

Aye, that's something I could get behind, at least for the moment, anyway. If you ask me, the best memorial I could give my family is to walk back into my village having driven the Sylvandari bastards out of Haven and back into their holes.

But for the moment, I agree that we should have something that reminds all of us what we are fighting for. That we can't sit still and wait for them to come here as well.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*shakes his head with a smile

"Then I truely hope I can live up to your words of me. I also agree that anyone can be given a title, and your words of the title must be earned is a the truest comment I have heard in a VERY long time!"

"I would be honored to pay respects to your fallen from Haven, but I fear my culture is a bit different on the aspects of death, and would only be there in body since I have not partaken in your grieveing processes as of yet."

*Tries hard to smile, but isnt sure if that would be the correct emotion to show
Serith Darkheart

Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda looks earnestly at the two men. As she speaks her voice becomes more and more passionate.

"I for one am not willing to sit idly by while the elves rape our home. They have no right to it. And while I a not a warrior, I will still fight them anyway I can. I refuse to sit by and watch the people I care for run out of their homes. And I lost as much as anyone there. My twin brother, Aeric was slaughtered at Corbyn's betrayal. He meant the world to me. I mean to make them pay for what they've done to us. My apologies, Serith- I saw you come in with Daine and I assumed you were from his village as well. As for my words concerning nobles, I learned them from a great man who was both noble in title and in deed. He taught me a great many things through his actions about what being a true noble really means."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*a look of absoulte anger crosses Seriths features at the mention of elves raping Haven

And a small crackle of energy encompasses Serith's Hand and is extinguished almost as soon as it eminates.

"Elves are Masters of that....It seems that the Elves of your lands are not much different from the Hu'Tuun Ori'dush Dogs from my home!"

*As Serith Finishes speaking at the mention of the elves he spits quite visibly disgusted

*Turning to Esmerelda

"If you are to strike back at the elves, do let me know, even though these pointed ear demons are not the same tribe as those who murdered my friends and family, I will still take great justice in making them pay nonetheless!"
Serith Darkheart