Back at the fire pit....

Townsmen with the shakes huddle around the glowing embers of what may have been a roaring fire. Speak quick, lest thee be to long in the open!

Moderator: Admin

Pugo Redfang
Town Member
Town Member

Back at the fire pit....

Post by Pugo Redfang »

[This is a few days after they other have left. So please make sure your PC was still in Haven. They did not jump into the protal.]

*Pugo set back in town at the fire pit looking around at the night sky. He is watching the stars and teh clouds as they move on in the night sky. The whispering of the fire , the smell of herbs and copper burning in as well. He thinks back to a few moons ago. With a heavy sigh and a snarl at the falling red star in the south eastern skys. Pugo gets up and howls for a moment. Than he set back down a d reads his bones.*

"Hmm we crops will be good this season. Lets of things to make right. I see that more of tribe are to come. Must tell Ogrom I see that rags an few have made it close to Haven."

*At this point Pugo gets up and tosses more herbs and thin copper flakes into the fire. Than breathes in deep as the smoke rolls up around him. His eyes turn a redish hew and he starts to smell the air hoping to find something in it. He stop as if he is listin to the fire speak to him.*
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

While the appearance of Ana’Vaun Ithilian within the boundaries of Haven was strange enough, given her taciturn refusal to get involved in most of Haven’s affairs, the fact that she had been among those who had stepped through the portal made it even more so. Her long white hair framed her equally white face, making the black tattoos upon it stand out in stark contrast. Her amethyst eyes, dark and cold, were on fire.

There was an angry set to her features when she finally made it to the fire, glad, at least, that it was Pugo there and not some other. When he looked up at her in surprise, she sighed in extreme irritation.

“Yes, I stepped through the portal. No, obviously I did not make it through.” She ran a fine boned elven hand through the snowy falls of her long hair in distracted furry. “That which grants me Sight… my connection to the Upper Planes, seems also to have an unexpected side effect. Doors in time and space are not one directional for me, for I See all Ways at once. Though I desired to pass through at the side of Atrum Draconus, I did not take his hand… and so became separated. Two days have I traveled to return here.”

Vaun faced him, a look of… what… on her face? It was always hard to tell with her, as she was cold and emotionless neutrality most of the time. But behind her violet eyes lingered something deeper, worry.

When she spoke, it was soft this time, and weighty. “Pugo Redfang, with whom I hold Weird… I feel something hath gone amiss. I cannot sense Atrum Draconus, though no distance should dim our bond.” There it was, the emotion so hard to discern: terror. “He is not here, and yet he is not gone unto death! I cannot feel his essence anywhere.
Pugo Redfang
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Pugo Redfang »

*Pugo set back down as Vaun walks up. He listin' to her as she speak and nods along. Once she hit teh part about Atrum his eyes grow slits and fire seem to burn be hind them. He turns around to his bag and starts to dig into it. After a few moments of diggin he pulls out a small eagle skull that is painted.*

"I see for his talisman has cracked and started to turn to crumble. This is not a good sign for us. I have also seen a lone hawk on the western ridge of the beastman's caves flying high in the red morning sky. I have fear that somethings are out of balance. But we shall see in the nexted few sun's just how out of view things are. You should come set Vaun and rest let the fire and the herbs relax you. Drink some water and eat some food it will help you focus on what is ahead. An tomorrow I'll go hunting and see if I can find the tracks of the tribe. I have seen a fwe that are on the move. An if things are not well where the others are. We are gone to need all the hands we can find. "

*Pugo pulls out his water skin and some food for Vaun and hand it to her. Than he look back to the sky ans he listin's to the fire some more. *
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

Food,, she thought with irritated scorn, Atrum Draconus and the others are in peril and he thinks to council me to something so base and mundane as food?! For a moment her eyes flared and it seemed as if a scathing reply would very shortly issue fourth. But it did not. Vaun took a deep breath to steady herself, to gather her calm about her and refrain from emotion. Such excesses of expression were so annoyingly human, and she was above them. She closed her eyes a moment and looked for the stillness within, analyzing the situation and Pugo’s words with extreme care.

It would do her no good to be too exhausted to be of any use to help. The great magics she contemplated were unbelievably draining on her essence, and painful besides. If she had any desire to be able to function and do what would be needed, rest, food, and water would indeed be needed. She had slept not at all since the others had gone through the portal, nor paused to refresh herself in any way. It had been with single minded determination that she had discerned the way back to Haven and returned thence.

So, with a soft sigh, she sat and accepted what the Ga’Vin offered. They shared Weird, and so she had no reservations about accepting, where otherwise she would have refused. Weird was more than trust and understanding. For some time they sat in silence as each was lost in their own thoughts. Vaun’s were focused inward, to the work ahead. She had no idea in what state they would find the folk of Haven, nor if even they could be found at all. Still, the Vau’An’Dar Mystic was a problem solver, not an emotional creature. She would find a solution eventually. She always did.

At last, when she felt refreshed she gave Pugo a very ghostly smile, something as rare as a solar eclipse. “I thank thee for thy kindness, thou hath wisdom where my own would fail. I would that we could find the child and his mother who sent us through before, for a spell woven once can be so done again. We must assume that those who went before are in need of supplies and armaments, if what my cards tell is true. If thee and thine can see to such things, I will gather what components and magical foci of which I have need.”
Pugo Redfang
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Pugo Redfang »

*Pugo looks at Vaun for a moment than smiles. As he listin to the winds and the fire whisper to him. He nods with what Vaun has to say and studies her thinks to herelf. He stops for a second than begin to talk in a clear and gruff tone, yet his eyes hold a softness to them.*

"Vaun I am not saying we forget our bounds with thosewe call family. I am saying that we can not pick up the trail till morning light. It would be foolish to try an hunt down Joseph and his mother in the dark. Plus as we go to find them I have to go find the rest of the tribe. Also look at me if I come upon Joseph and his mother they are more likily to attack me in the dark. For they do not know me that well, they have but only seen me a few times. So it would best if you did the talking oncve we find them. Also letting Robert knwo that something is amessed that would be good to. Just in case we do not make it back in one piece."

*Pugo stops talking for a moment than looks up to the northern sky's and sniffs the air. He than gets a crossed look on his face as he turns back to look at Vaun.*

"Vaun I have seen that same hawk for the last few mornings flying in the same red sky's. I have heard the Great Owl howl its call in the late night sky's. I have even seenthe Jade serpent take a bite at my dreams. All of this is not good for us. So we should take care and hed the warnings I have seen. If not we might fall as our family and tribe have falling into."

*Pugo just looks up agian at the sky untill vaun or someone else replies.*