Hail to the Triumphant Townmembers

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Kori
New in Town
New in Town

Hail to the Triumphant Townmembers

Post by Kori »

Lilium clears her throat and raises her high-pitched, sickeningly sweet voice above the din of the Inn, all traces of the previous night's darkness gone as if it never existed. "Excuse me, everyone! I would like to make a toast..." She pauses, picking up a tankard of her strongest mead and cheers, "It's a brave new world out there! Here's to the heroines and heroes of the hour! Cheers to each and every one of you!"

She takes a hearty gulp, and then immediately grins her typical pretty but psycho smile, "Oh, and DIBS!! I hereby dub this new town Hopsville!!"

She laughs maniaclly as she says, "Drinks are on us tonight!"
We're not in Wonderland anymore, Alice!
Gondowon T. Falbor
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Hail to the Triumphant Townmembers

Post by Gondowon T. Falbor »

Gondowon, who'd been sitting along in a corner, staring at a blackened and twisted leather mask, looks up as Lilium speaks. As she raises her tankard, he raises his own, joining her in a toast. He smiles as she claims the town as her own and renames it to her liking.

"To all of you, my fine companions. To all of you who have fought so hard for a world worth living in. Let us drink and be merry, all grief to refrain," he says, beginning to quote the old tavern song his shipmates taught him. He looks around his table, realizing that, though he'd recovered the Redwind for them, they were not there to celebrate its return into their lives... and soon enough he'd have to make a final decision about how he was going to pay back his... "benefactor". His smile slowly fades, but he raises his mug even higher, refusing to bring a sour note to a joyous moment.

"For we may, or might never, all meet here again," he finishes, taking a large swig of his drink. His spirits are suddenly lifted again as the strong ale quickly takes its effects.

"And I'll be the first to take you up on the offer of free drinks," he adds, pointing to Lilium and grinning, shaking his empty tankard her way.
"The road an adventurer walks has no destination, yet they reach places no one else can dream of reaching." - Gondowon Tedra Falbor
Kori
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Kori »

Throwing him a saucy grin, she picks up a pitcher of a thick brick red liquid and rushes over to his side. She deftly fills his cup to the brim without spilling a drop and says, "My own special brew. Drink up, but be warned, it is quite potent."
Gondowon T. Falbor
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gondowon T. Falbor »

Uh oh. "Oooh, lovely!" Gondowon replies, grinning nervously. He lifts the tankard and nods before taking a swig.
He pauses, waiting for the inevitable, but is surprised when his expectations are not met.

"Huh. That's... really good, actually. Huh. I was expecting-"

With a loud, unceremonious thud, Gondowon's head hits the table as the alcohol overwhelms him. Now passed out, he begins drooling and mumbling incoherently.
"The road an adventurer walks has no destination, yet they reach places no one else can dream of reaching." - Gondowon Tedra Falbor
Kori
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Kori »

Lily throws her arms up in a silent cheer, then covers her mouth in feigned shock, "Oops! Looks like this one has had too much to drink! I'll just put him to bed!" She says with a naughty grin as she hoists him up, one of his arms over over her seemingly dainty shoulders, and begins dragging him towards the back room. "No worries!" she continues, "You'll still have your Book-Worm when I'm through with him!"