Survivors in the Inn

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Loki
New in Town
New in Town

Survivors in the Inn

Post by Loki »

Loki awakes slowly, gently floating up from a dream of island beaches and beautiful beastwomen, catering to his every need. The sun is warm, and the waters pleasantly cool. But gradually, reality reasserts itself in the mind of the King, and he comes to realize that he is laying upon something quite firm.

A little too firm for his liking. Nothing like the sun-bleached sands of his island. No, this felt like something far less comfortable.

Loki shifts, and finds that his back is stiff. How long had he been asleep? Had he been drugged?

"Levi!" he calls, "Bruddah, where are you?!" He bolts upright, wide eyes darting around madly.
Loki the Buffalo king:
Sovereign of Buffalo Island, Scourge of the Northern Islands, and Merchant of The Redwind

"Bison an' Buffalo are NOT da same animal, mon."
Levi the Bison Lord
New in Town
New in Town

Re: Survivors in the Inn

Post by Levi the Bison Lord »

Levi bursts through the inn door, the lack of snow blowing in is unsettling for this time of year. The Bard/King is dressed differently than usual he still had his sandels and dreds, and crown and glasses. But, one thing is different...one big thing...he is decked out in a large red dyed furred outfit lined with white fur and a great brown sack is flung over his back. "Ayyyyyy mooon." Levi trots in and sits next to his brother. "Sorry I disappeared on ya mon, but, I think the grass has given me a vision. Let me share, this is some special stuff mon." The Bison brother pulls out a glass pipe from his bag and stuffs some "herbs" in the top. Lighting a flame on his finger with magic he sets the herbs on fire and takes a breath in, removing his finger from a hole in the side - inhaling the fumes. "Ayyyy" He starts convulsing with coughs and hands the pipe to his brother who does the same.

After a while of tokin it up the empty tavern is filled with a hazy mist and a disconcerting smell, but to the brothers the experience is just starting.
"Ya see brudda, dis is da special stuff that Faust and Janus made..." Their vision starts to become foggy, and then erupts in lights. Suddenly their visions clear and they find them selves surrounded by snow - and standing in front of them is a fat old man, in a red suit, smoking a pipe.
He looks at him with a twinkle in his eye: "Sup hommies," he said, his cheeks are a-blush, "I see you've been in the special stash again."
"Yeah mon," the two brothers say at the same time, "Who are ya mon?"
"Well, I'm Santa Clause, ya dumbos, and I need a special favor. You see, I've got me a big ol' problem. I can't make it to Phanterra this year to deliver presents for Christmas, so I need someone to do it for me. And I thought, 'which two good folk would be the best at spreading joy this holiday season?' and all I could think of was you clowns..." He gives out a hearty laugh and shoves seven cookies in his mouth. "Basically, I'm asking you to save Christmas, whaddya say?"
"Sure?" The boys said, "What we gotta do?"
"Well, ya gotta go out and give everybody in Phanterra a gift over the next day and night, think you're up to the task?" He says in garbled words whilst draining a pitcher of creamy milk.
Levi and Loki looked at each other "Sure, we got dis mon."
"Alright, boys, wake up from your green our and get a crackin!" and with that Saint Nick jumped in his sleigh, whipped his reindeer like a Roman slave master and went off in the night.

The two brothers wake up in the inn to find it empty still, they look at each other in amazement - "THAT'S SOME GOOD SHIT MON!" Levi hands Loki a matching suit and soon they were dressed like the old man from their vision, granted with a little bit of Bovine-Isle flavor. Levi grabs the sack and started walking out the door - determined, for once, to start their journey. Loki stands back for a minute - looking confused.
"What's wrong brudda?" Levi says
"Well," Loki pinches his forehead in thought, "What the fuck is Christmas?"
Levi the Bison Lord:
Ruler of Bison Isle, "Terror" of the Southern Islands, and Merchant of The Redwind

"Buffalo and Bison are NOT da same ting!"
Loki
New in Town
New in Town

Re: Survivors in the Inn

Post by Loki »

"An why are we jus' takin' dis man to be 'da good guy?"

Loki stumbles, and leans against the wall. Something had hit him harder than usual. He reeled for a moment, and wondered what the point of all this nonsense could be.

"An 'ow do we know 'es even a real mon? 'E could be som mon pretendin' ta play games wit' us, an' we all jus' playin' in dis worl', mon."

He blinks slowly, then his eyes go wide. "Bruddah." He places a hand on Levi's shoulder, "None 'o dis is real. We in a fairy tale, bruddah."
Loki the Buffalo king:
Sovereign of Buffalo Island, Scourge of the Northern Islands, and Merchant of The Redwind

"Bison an' Buffalo are NOT da same animal, mon."