The Knights of the Witchwood

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

SirJoriel
New in Town
New in Town

The Knights of the Witchwood

Post by SirJoriel »

The metal clanging can be heard down the road as well as a few timely placed songs, chants, curses, and laughs. The door sweeps open, a little snow blows in follwed by a familiar face, to some. The blonde knight strode in with his violet shield strapped to his back and sword on his hip. His small contingent followed.

"Hail, to thoseh membersh of haven." Joriel's strange accent generally commands attention. "We are the Knightsh of the witchwood and would like to plant our banner here ash well. We have come to find shir Marcus Gideon, Paladin, knight captain of the Knightsh of the Witchwood."

Joriel scans the room and motions toward a table. The Knights crowd around and begin getting a short meal together. Perhaps this place would hold adventure and more allies.

Joriel mused about his long past, his new found sense of protecting the weak instead of nobility, and if he's right in that Cristo the honorable pirate, will be fine in protecting himself.

He looked down at his shiny breastplate and black tabard, no longer the violet knight. So many changes, but the knight master knew he was doing the right thing.

"If any of you are hungry you may join ush," he hollered. He looked back at his table. "Perhapsh theseh people will prove honorable."
Cicero the Impatient, Bard understudy to the court wizard of Brennondale, slayer of demons, and official storyteller of the battle of the bloodfence.
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Re: The Knights of the Witchwood

Post by Rothek »

sir joriel's invitation did not go ignored, in fact it may have worked a little too well as the knight would see not one, not two or three, but four beastmen slowly walk up to them sniffing the air around the table and two fixated on the spread the knights had, one looked as though he was just about to help himself to a bit of roast beef when a sharp bark came from behind all of them andthe beastman in question snapped its paw back to his side, embarrassed he had forgotten the pecking order.

the bark came from the door of the tavern as two other beastmen came in, one wore armor, obviously of dwarven make and set the great axe he had been carrying down by the door and shot a glare at the others before moving toward the table. the other was actually dressed well for a beast man, his hair was even braided! he was just about to follow the larger one as he quick turned around and looked to offer help to someone behind him.

"Damn it rendak! i'm not that old!" came from outside the tavern as Rothek walked in, slower than his usual pace.

"i understand that father, but you ARE aging. i was merely recognizing something humans and other races call "courtesy".

when rothek started toward the table, the other beast men looked at him as if waiting for something, an approval. rothek chuffed at them then looked at joriel.

"joriel. you look different. room for a few more? "
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
SirJoriel
New in Town
New in Town

Post by SirJoriel »

"Yesh, any and all are welcome. Well met Rothek, pleashed to see a friendly fache," Joriel takes a stand and a simple salute. "Shir Fender and I have shquiresh with ush, and have dechided upon thish plache at the behesht of Sir Ruark."

Adjusting his armor slightly Joriel nods again at Rothek. "Perhaps a change in the time I am from and the time I am in now have become physical."

Joriel motions for the beast men to take up seats, leaving room for more company.
Cicero the Impatient, Bard understudy to the court wizard of Brennondale, slayer of demons, and official storyteller of the battle of the bloodfence.
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

"it is good to see you as well my friends" rothek greeted joriel and the rest of the knights before turning around to the other beastmen and nodding to them as a symbol of approval.

"allow me to introduce my eldest sons, Roscarr and Rendak." he motioned to large beastman in dwarven armor and the well dressed beastman that had offered him help at the door, Roscarr nodded to sir joriel but then moved to sit at the table and took a seat next to sir fender.

Rendak actually reached out a paw to shake sir joriel's hand "its is a pleasure to meet you." he said still standing at his fathers side.
Rothek HowlingFang
Loki
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Loki »

The eldest of the Bovine Twins stumbles forward, guitar nearly tumbling into the snow. With a yelp and a fumble, he catches the instrument and turns his flailing into a flowery - but curteous - bow.

"Sir knights," he smiles wide over his green spectacles, before spotting Rothek. "Eyyy!" He turns, arms outstretched and attempts to embrace the aging den father. "Sir Dogman, my favorite hound!" Loki turns to look for his brother, "We was jus' singin' of yer great deeds, mon'."
Loki the Buffalo king:
Sovereign of Buffalo Island, Scourge of the Northern Islands, and Merchant of The Redwind

"Bison an' Buffalo are NOT da same animal, mon."
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

King Vaal smirks sitting quietly in his furs, and sips his hot mulled mead quietly watching the knights and Rothak talk.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

the beastmen happily helped themselves to the feast the knights had prepared. rothek enjoying a bit of the private stock gifted to him from korrigan when the buffalo king made his entrance.

Roscarr was first to stand when loki attempted to embrace rothek, the others soon followed, even rendak paused his conversation with sir joriel. rothek simply set down his mug and raised his paw with a bark just loud enough to get all of there attention.

" it is good to see you buffalo king" the aged beastman said raising from his seat and accepting loki's embrace

" give yourselves credit as well, if i remember correctly you were present for a good part of the adventures"

as rothek spoke, rendak twitched his ear and snorted at his father. rothek shot a glance and snorted back but his attention was quickly back to loki

"my friend, please excuse my family. they act only out of instinct to protect, come and meet them. let me introduce you."

as rothek returned to his seat he picked his mug back up and raised it to Vaal

"don't think I've forgotten about you there! if you wanted i could share some of this. 12 year whiskey. Almost as old as i am!!"
Rothek HowlingFang
Levi the Bison Lord
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Levi the Bison Lord »

Levi stumbles in the inn. His wide, bloodshot eyes search the room for his twin. When they find their target Levi cries out and a giant smile bursts onto his face.
"Brudda! Do I have a story for you!" He gasps as he sees Rothek, "Eyyyyyy! Sir Dogman, my favorite hound!" Levi runs to the other side of the room, his heavy feet trip over nothing in particular and he crashes into the floor in front of his brother, Rothek and his family, and the knights.
"Oooof, dat some slippery floor mon. But, dis is one comfy position." Levi sits on the floor cross-legged and lightly shakes Rothek's hand without getting up. He waves to the other people in the inn, though his ass doesn't leave the floor area where he has landed.
Levi the Bison Lord:
Ruler of Bison Isle, "Terror" of the Southern Islands, and Merchant of The Redwind

"Buffalo and Bison are NOT da same ting!"
SirJoriel
New in Town
New in Town

Post by SirJoriel »

"Well then. Thish plache ish very welcoming. We are looking to expand our order with more knightsh in thish region." Joriel stands tall. "In a short time our order hash grown and become shelf shushtaining, thush commanding the attention of myshelf. Fortunately Crishto hash relieved me of shervice to him ash he'sh proven to be a powerful warrior."

"We are protectorsh of the free people. The knightsh promote Unity (Panderus raises a glass), honor (Fender raises his), and bravery," Joriel raises a glass.

"In war!" Valek leads the chant.
"Victory!" Chant the remainder of the Knights.
"In peace!" Valek again.
"Vigilance!" The Knights.
"In death!" Valek.
"Sacrifice!" The Knights.

All seven raise a glass offering others to join. Then the mixed band drink thier glass whole.

Joriel admires the Knights. Each one has a purpose. They all know what they are there for. The shield in battle, the sword in the enemy, and the armor of the people.

"King Vaal!" Joriel lets loose another round for the men to swallow. "I beg you forgive me, but why the hell are you over there? You shit with ush, and your knight Hamer, and any other you count among your clan."