An Afternoon Ale

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Gondowon T. Falbor
Town Member
Town Member

An Afternoon Ale

Post by Gondowon T. Falbor »

Gondowon walks into the Inn, and instead of finding a table to craft at as he usually does, he heads to get a drink. He quickly discovers that he has no idea what he'd enjoy, so he ends up purchasing a mug of the Caledonian Brandy Cirrus had ordered for him so long ago. He took one sip and his face scrunched up as he nearly gagged on the powerful drink. He'd completely forgotten how strong it was, and that he was a lightweight. Nevertheless, he nodded his thanks and sat down at a table near Mahto Snowbringer, who had already been seated at the Inn for a while.

"So..." Gondowon says, trying to start a conversation with his crew-mate. A silence occurred for a minute as Gondowon tried to find something to talk about, finding it surprisingly hard to think of something to talk about with Mahto. "Um... the common lessons are going fairly well..." he says slowly, referring to the language teachings he'd been providing for Mahto's tribe. "How have things with YOU been?"
"The road an adventurer walks has no destination, yet they reach places no one else can dream of reaching." - Gondowon Tedra Falbor
Mahto Snowbringer
Town Member
Town Member

Re: An Afternoon Ale

Post by Mahto Snowbringer »

Mahto stares at Gondowon as the later stumbles over a topic to choose. His eyes seem shallower in his ashen face then they usually were, no doubt tired from the responsibilities he now had to deal with. His eyes glimmer for a moment when Gondowon mentions his tribe's lessons. His heart swells with pride to know that the Ga'vin of The Savage Phoenix Tribe would be literate.

"Thanks for your efforts, Gondowon. It brings me joy to hear they are not rejecting their lessons..." he thinks for a moment, what had things with him been? He briefly remembers his moment of weakness a couple of days earlier on the hill next to Dar'dakous, but shoves the memory away. His mind wonders to an event that had happened earlier in the day..."Actually, I could use your advice. Earlier this morning I attending a meeting in the Marine Barracks. It seems one of the lower enlisted men had been forging my name on documents and sending them out at orders for the troops. Of course, he didn't realize I could not write, therefor I didn't ever sign my own name. Luckily he was caught before any serious damage could be done. He's hold up in the barracks prison right now. But, I can't seem to decide what to do with him...any thoughts?"
Mahto Snowbringer:
Commodore of Haven's Royal Navy
Commandant of Haven's Marine Force
Leader of The Savage Phoenix Tribe and their village of Dar’dakous
Captain of "The Chimera"

“Fortune Favors the Brave."
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

"dwarven stout barry." said a grizzled voice from the door. Rothek walked in wearing his full armor, kileshandran tabard and usual arsenal that he had collected over the years. "make it a big one"
after getting his regular mini keg of ale the aged beastman sat down on the other side of gondowon and clapped a clawed hand on his shoulder. Rothek leaned over to recognize mahto with a nod and a chuff after which he took a long drink.
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Kayla
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kayla »

The inn door opens slowly and Xil enters the building. His eyes look more weary than you've seen before, no doubt a side effect of many late hours managing an entire town.

He nods to Rothek as he sits down across from him, next to Gondowon.

"It has been a while, friends. How have you been?"

He turns to Mahto with a puzzled look on his face, "Where is Zandron? I was expecting to see him here."
Xil Zymasi, Crew of the Red Wind // Dakkon Wrynn, Dark Elf Outcast

Feel free to PM me if you have any forum/website questions/issues. I can take care of them for you.
Also, note that although my name is red, I am not a GM and therefore cannot answer logistical questions (such as rules) definitively. That said, I'll certainly try to help!
Mahto Snowbringer
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Mahto Snowbringer »

The inn grows deathly quiet when Xil finishes his question. Mahto looks up at him with pained eyes. In a mutter he answers as best he can...
"Commodore Zandron has passed...the details of which would be better to discuss...in private."
Now-Commodore Snowbringer rises from his chair, he motions to Xil and Gondowon to walk with him out of the inn to lose themselves in the city...
Mahto Snowbringer:
Commodore of Haven's Royal Navy
Commandant of Haven's Marine Force
Leader of The Savage Phoenix Tribe and their village of Dar’dakous
Captain of "The Chimera"

“Fortune Favors the Brave."
Kayla
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kayla »

Xil's face instantly fills with rage. He swiftly rises to his feet, fists clenched on the table. "By who's hand!?" he roars, "Surely no resident of Haven would commit an act such as this! This would be considered treason against the crown!"

Visibly shaken, he follows Mahto out of the inn, fists clenched on the hilts of his swords.
Xil Zymasi, Crew of the Red Wind // Dakkon Wrynn, Dark Elf Outcast

Feel free to PM me if you have any forum/website questions/issues. I can take care of them for you.
Also, note that although my name is red, I am not a GM and therefore cannot answer logistical questions (such as rules) definitively. That said, I'll certainly try to help!