Wizards

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Wizards

Post by Abaddon »

"Has anyone seen smitty?" The old man says, sitting on a stool at the bar. A black spider rests upon his shoulder with only seven legs and seven eyes. The bells on his hat jingle in the warmth of the fire.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
GM-Amanda
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Amanda »

"Wasn't he heading back to that Witchwood place? I bet he hasn't hit the portal yet... elsewise you'll probably have to wait to see if he survives. Assuming you don't want to follow him into the range of yet another gropoing powerful mage... there's a lot of them huh..."

Cirrus was sitting at her usual table near a window, curled up into the cloak she had been sporting during the latest fateful night in Haven. The white feathers at the tips of her fingers were stained with ink from her latest scribbles lying on the table in front of her.

"You want me to see if I can find him when the skyjuice lets up?"
You are what you dare.

RESEACRH
Baxtor Warren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Baxtor Warren »

Smitty walks into the tavern looking exhausted. Looking around the room he smiles at the familiar faces. Moving over to Abaddon, he sits down.
“it is nice to be in a land where not too much is required of me for a light vacation, all my major problems seem to have been put to rest, how are you doing”.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Other than the fact these lands have been beset by winter's chill" The old man says sitting close to the fire with a hot cup of rank herbal tea. "My old bones creak when the cold sets upon us."

"I trust you faired well enough. I asked you here because I was thinking we could form some kind Wizards Guild. That and I am considering rebuilding my old house of chance. Assuming that I find a good spot."
Baxtor Warren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Baxtor Warren »

"i believe a wizards guild would be a great idea, although somewhat low in membership. as far as your house of chance, if you think the people would be willing to let anotherone in then i believe it would be great for the economy, why it would provide a service to the comunity, allowing for the good hero's a place to spend thier gold. i would be delighted to assist you, just let me know what i can do."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I figured if I have the space I could help with the bell tower. That being said there are indeed few wizards, which is why we need some kind of agreement. The better to equip town with defenses. I myself and skilled at counter stpell, but not so much on area attacks for instance.

Do you have suggestions for them? I am willing to equip and train spell casters for the good of town."
Baxtor Warren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Baxtor Warren »

"I belive we should lok closely at who is in the town, there may be others who havent shown there power, i know of three or four who have power in the arcane arts. Also some of the young adults in the outer lieing villages my have the potential to be mages. We showed reach out to those we know and try to find ones we dont, it would be an honor to be trained by you,besides you know as well as i that if not properly trained it is far too easy to go to the "dark" side of magic. That being said, if you patiant enough there are those dark wizards who dabble with the undead, perhaps they were drawn to it because no one else was willing to teach them. Once we create a pressence in the town then they can come to us for qny arcane meeds."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Indeed. The deserters of the Red Tear for one. We have a sorcery gap and we need to fix it. I believe public support for the art will bring about more users, and dabblers. We just need the approval of the Queen to ensure e do not step upon their toes. " The old man says drinking a hot cup of tea.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

After quite some time away from Haven and stepping into the conversation like no time had passed at all Ark enters the Bar.

*What would you consider a "wizard" to be Abaddon?*

He looked around the building as he asked the question and satisfied with whatever it was he was looking around for his gaze settled on Abaddon and Smitty. he moved and took a seat nearby, a barely noticable shimmer moved in front of him, like his body was lagging behind were it should be as he moved.

*There is no such thing as evil magic anymore, it is all the same thing. only evil purpose behind the use of it. if you are refering to undead it is natural for people to be afraid of that. but i asure you, if wizards could animate the swords to move without the bodies they would do so. . .as it stands. . .*

He paused and awaited a reply to his former question.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

"I hope you don't honestly believe that. If you do then you need to study up a little more. Though I'm not an arcane user I feel like I have seen enough and done enough study to prove that statement to be false and misleading."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Indeed, the same magic that raises the dead is the same magic that heals a wound or starts a fire. The one magic since AFTER the cataclysm. Before the end, in old silverthorne, you were right, necromancy was evil a taint upon the world.

Thats the problem with necromancy. It draws the monsters like moths to a flame. People fear the dead, and they use that fear to drive a wedge. Truth, necromancy now is just a gross construct, it is the fear that is a problem. That being said, any sorcerers I would train I would train to use a little necromancy. Better to defend themselves.

As for who I would ask to join, certainly any who study ritual magic. There are benefits to knowing a little sorcery." Abaddon said drinking from his cooling tea.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Ark rolls his eyes at Zeira's comment, He went through all the conversations he had listened to and been a part of dealing with magic and evil in his head. . .and came to the conclusion that one, he missed Vaun. and two, this debate was old as magic itself, and would never be settled one way or another.

However he seemed VERY satisfied with Adaddon's answer.

*I could not be more happy with your answer Abaddon. Both your thoughts on Magic and ideas for a Wizards guild. Whilst i myself am not qualified to join it i will do what i can to both support it, and to send people who do qualify for it your way for teaching and study.*

He sat in thought for a second before adding one last question.

*what is your overall goal for a "Wizards guild"?*
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"My goal is simple. The Red Tear are still out there. The necropolis sits in the back yard of Haven. They have enough mages to drown us in spells. It is my goal to ensure there is a caster in every party. I am too old to go on every mission. As such, we need to be able to make sure anyone else who can perform sorcery is fully trained and equipped to handle large spells and horrible rituals." Abaddon said.

"So the goal is numbers, organization and approval from the queen. Focus items are expensive and we need to make sure everyone who can perform sorcery is geared for the sake of Haven."
Baxtor Warren
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Baxtor Warren »

"Unfortunately the numbers of those capable of ritual magic is low, however i have seen a number of people dabble in the arcane arts, I will encourage those who either has the capability to perform ritual casting or those who are interested or believe they have the potential to seek us out. I have seen an influx of casters back in witchwood and will encourage them to visit you here as well as keep an eye out for any potential candidates. Also if anyone has come across any sort of tomes or artifacts that is related or once held by a mage, please seek us out, I know I can compensate for such items. They may become dangerous if it lands into the wrongs hands, however if we can receive them, possibly something can be learned by them and used to defeat our enemies.”