Bringing Back Hope

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

"So how many bells do you plan on having and where will they be? How far away are these places from the Tipsy Traveller?"
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid frowns as he turns toward Zeira. "I would think common sense answers your first question - exactly as Marcus stated. Common sense also answers the second question - idealy we would eventually have a bell in all local settlements. The distance would equal the distance to the settlement."

"You know this, so what are you getting at? You wish to naysay the plan, so please speak your concern directly, if you would."
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Alice, the house of chance had just such a bell tower. Reenforced baffles and strudy outside. Not that hard to actually.

Each Bell has a different tone that you should be able to hear for miles."
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

Bah....I think a simple structure of wooden posts would be the easiest, and most economical with the tools we have at our disposal, because each village can use a couple of downed pine trees as the posts. Almost like the upright arms of a trebuchet or mangonel, just with a bell hoisted into place between them on the crossbeam.

Pines are already the right size and shape, they just need the limbs removed.
-Evil always prevails when good people do nothing.

-All knight, every night.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Cheap and efficient. For the bell here we should do something....more." The old man says.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"I must agree with Marcus. Such a design, or a tripod of trees with the bell hung from the apex, would be swift and easy to set up. A full tower would take months and significant resources - and would serve but the same purpose as the simple designs."
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.