Sleepwalker

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Serith shakes his head at Marcus

"Good Speech, impassioned, but I think what we are talking about is a Council of Magistrates, not a council of ones who will vote on rulings made by the leader, but those that deal with Justice in the Realm, at least that is what the Magistrates were tasked with before. If that isn't what the Magistrates are going to be in charge of, then yes I agree, It makes no sense to have a leader who must convene and ask permission to make a decision... Should the leader ask for advice, of course, but I think that having to pass a Council vote will do more harm than good."

*Serith turns towards everyone

"If it is to be the will of those here to have one leader, then make that so, have one leader, not a mouthpiece who is nothing more than a public face."
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

I've seen Magistrates and their ilk in other places I traveled through with Alrisar- the knight whom I was squired to. They and whomever is in charge of that town are simply a group of -hopefully- wise people who are chosen by the locals to come together to have a consensus on issues that pertain solely to a town's laws.

So if, for example a person murders someone else, or there is theft, they are tasked with discussing how to go about trying and punishing those who are found guilty of the crime. Usually they are there supposedly just so people can't claim the leader is playing favorites, and letting those in their good graces get away freely while going after the others the dislike, because it's not just the leader making the decisions on the matter.

But that's all they are ever tasked with.
-Evil always prevails when good people do nothing.

-All knight, every night.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"As Serith says. Keep in mind the government of Haven is not a Gnomish machine of rigid rods and pistons. It is intelligent and flexible - able to bend and make exceptions when necessary. The Council advises the Queen - making the representative will of the people known to her. The ultimate decision on any matter is hers. They might indeed vote together on a topic, or she may decide to defer judgement entirely to the Council. Or, if the matter is pressing, she may consult no one at all before making her will known."

"Though in such emergency situations, the reasoning behind her decisions must be made known to the public as soon as possible. Criticism and hindsight wisdom must also be accepted and considered."

"The government of a society of any significant size is beyond the capacity of a single mortal mind to perform well. The better representive and accessible the multiple minds forming the governement are, the better. "
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Zeira looks over to Fionna and addresses her again

"So...Is now not a good time to discuss this?"