W.W.U.D.?

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

GM-Amanda
Site Admin
Site Admin

W.W.U.D.?

Post by GM-Amanda »

Cirrus had commandeered a small table along one of the walls of the inn, and was producing scraps of parchment from her pack. Some had scribbles, some had words in Common, some had names and hastily sketched faces, some were maps of far off lands. Her beak finally flexed up in a smile as she found the one she wanted, smoothing it out and placing it on the table as she stuffed the remainder haphazardly into its space. Next came a blank piece, nearly unmarked save some charcoal stains and a centrally placed tear that looked sharp enough to have come from a knife. Her left hand dipped into a bowl of earthworms sitting at her side, which she idly slurped as her right proceeded to mark out nine large, stylized letters at the top of the page, consulting the scrap as she carefully avoided spelling errors... or what she considered to be spelling errors.
You are what you dare.

RESEACRH
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

cirrus was so engrossed in her work that she wouldn't notice that she was being watched. it crept forward still watching the avyanna as she slurped worms from the bowl but it made its presents known when it moved passed her legs.

to her terror it rubbed up against her leg a second time then purring came from under the table as two dark eyes peeked out.
elgoain Onyx.

for i'm a rover, seldom sober
i'm a rover of high degree!
when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
how to gain my love's company.
GM-Amanda
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Amanda »

(Anticipated :P)

Before the feline was even in range, Cirrus' quill hand swept under the table, grabbing the offending feline by the scruff of the neck and hurling it across the expanse of the inn, landing safely on all four paws. It pinned its ears back and hissed at the Av'yana, but quickly ran for the bartop as she bellowed

"WHO LET THE GROPOING MANGY MENACE IN HERE?!"

Her beak clacked unhappily as she turned back to her work, her ink a steadily expanding patch of blue spilled by the swiftness of her arm. Grumbling some more, she produced a rag from her pouch and mopped it up before it permanently stained the tabletop.
You are what you dare.

RESEACRH
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

"CIRRUS!!" a voice came from the door as elgoain entered and knealt down near the orange and white cat, which almost seem to jump into the valkyn'vi's arms. it laid its head back on to his shoulder dramatically as if it had just been the victim of a brutal attack.

" how brutish of you! Topaz was merely curious, are you alright my precious gem? everything is going to be okay."

elgoain fawned over the feline for a good few minutes and the small house cat absoulutely ate it up! meowing as if answering him back and looking back at the avyana with utter disdain.
" i would see to it that you are more careful, i believe korrigan would be rather cross if anything were soiled or damaged. "
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
GM-Amanda
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Amanda »

"Then keep that... thing away from me."

She looked back over her shoulder from her table, tilted her head slightly, staring down the curves of her beak at the Valkyn'Vi.

"And I'd call it a bit presumptuous for you to be speakin' for Korrigan, especially since you just got here. I know well enough to keep my kit tidy, thank you for implyin' otherwise."
You are what you dare.

RESEACRH
Jamie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Jamie »

"Where did you even manage to find a cat around here?" Aurora frowned slightly. "You didn't steal it from that nice lady with all the cats, did you?"
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

The cat meowed menacingly at cirrus and elgoain scratched its head lightly
" pay no heed to her topaz, the avyana is afraid of creatures like you. I couldn't imagine why " the last bit said with a tinge of sarcasm

" and I was merely empathizing with our most hospitable innkeeper, though it is quite true I am new to the town of Haven, the citizens of I have found quite enjoyable."

Elgoain walked past Aurora and gave her quick squeeze on the side and then kept walking as if nothing had happened

"Korrigan and I spoke while in the iron city and we have reached an understanding "

The valkyn'vi flicked his head to the side flipping a piece of hair out of his face, which landed perfectly!, topaz mimicked him by shaking his head and twitching an ear. He then turned to the healer looking somewhat indignant

" I would do no such thing! Topaz apparently followed us, well more specifically me, through the portal. Who knew that animals were such wonderful judges of character "
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

~: It's times like this, when absolutely nothing is being destroyed that something analogous with total annihilation waltzes in through the front door. Whom might it be? Well it was hard to tell as he'd taken to wearing absolutely no paint after the last run-in with the Valkyn'Vi council. Or maybe that made him even more memorable as he was so goddamn pale without any markings. Regardless the almost peasant-like clothing was a giveaway; he was still wearing it long after coming back from the fishing village. Not to mention Legion always wore the same grin for any situation be it slaughtering anything that moved and wasn't him or just tipping a few back with Noble. :~

"Sup tavern."

~: A swagger was in his stride, the longsword at his hip bouncing too and fro as he made his way through the main level. Aurora was given a nod of greetings even as he made a B-line for Cirrus's table. As he passed....a Valkyn'Vi he wasn't familiar with he proceeded to round the man twice, eyes darting over his frame, over the feline companion he kept and generally just getting a good look at him. Then he sort of snorted before kicking a chair out from under the table and having a seat. :~

"So Cirrus, how was the trip? Bring me back any goodies?"
"Seek the truth. Behold the truth. Reveal the truth. That is the law and the whole of the law."
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani
Laylah
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Laylah »

Watching the whole incident from the comfy chair in the corner of the inn, Laylah snorts a little at Legions stroll, and reaction to the new comer.

She had a rather annoying vibe coming from the new man. No one with that amount of brash flowing freely could be up to any good. She shrugged off first impressions. 'Everyone gets a fuck up', she reminded herself. Being a bit cooped up as of late with paperwork, she was finding herself almost waiting for the chance to stretch out.

Her bright eyes scrunched as they rolled over Elgoain. Looking him up and down she mentally noted his apparel and anything else that might give her an indication about who he might be. She set down her mug of butter beer and called over the tables and chairs to the man.

"What specifically brings you here?"
Laylah Elora

Community Welfare Director and Hospital/ Orphanage Administrator of Woodhaven.

-Ad astra per aspera-
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

Marcus sat nearby and simply watched everything. He frowned at Cirrus' rough treatment of the cat, though though the lack of anything untoward happening to the little beast after it landed kept him from doing anything more than furrowing his brow at the Aviana in disappointment.

When Legion came into the room, he returned the man's greeting with a jaunty two-finger salute.

"Nothing, much- thankfully", he answered to the open question. He smiled a half-grin and a little snort of laughter.

"Though, you're looking a bit pale, friend."

He turned with friendly interest to Laylah as she questioned the newcomer. At least he thought the man was a newcomer. He'd only been back since the beginning of the year, and hadn't met more than the most regular to town, other than on his trips around the local farms to check on friends and family.
-Evil always prevails when good people do nothing.

-All knight, every night.
Jamie
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Jamie »

"Followed you? Well, that's okay then."

She smiled and reached over to scratch the cat behind his ears. "Aww, you're so fluffy, yes you are."

She continued talking nonsense to the cat as Legion entered the inn, then suddenly froze as something occurred to her.
"You don't think, ah, anyone else could've followed you through the portal, do you?"
Without realizing it, she reached down to touch the hilt of an ornate hunting knife hanging from her belt.
GM-Amanda
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Amanda »

"Bring YOU back anything? Hah, no. Shoulda come with if you wanted to make off with the place, but they generally had their eyes looking right where I didn't want 'em to. They were really in more disrepair than a lot of cities I've been to, still recovering from the Cataclysm. Not a lot of active maquina to speak of, but I did get a few sentimental pieces."

She fingered a small silver clock hanging on a fine, yet sturdy, chain around her neck as she spoke. It let off small clicking noises as the mechanism within still moved the hands, but she quickly stowed it under her armor before Legion could inspect it too closely.

She waved to Laylah and Marcus before she gathered up the sodden rag and began to squeeze out the ink over a spittoon.

"Anything interesting happen around here while I was gone?"
You are what you dare.

RESEACRH
Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

"Pale?"

~: Legion's eyes rolled over to Marcus, that grin spreading white on white across his face. Ahh, so someone had noticed. He leaned back in his chair, arms behind his head as he replied. :~

"That was me hiding behind something I'm obviously not, Marcus. The Valkyn'Vi paint their faces, but as I am obviously not a Valkyn'Vi I see no reason to do the same."

~: He leaned forward when the shiny little clock came out, but didn't seem too disappointed when Cirrus hid it once more within her armor. Let her keep her trinkets where she thought they were safe. :~

"Absolutely nothing happened around here. I wrestled a crocodile the size of a rhinoceros, but that was really about it.."
"Seek the truth. Behold the truth. Reveal the truth. That is the law and the whole of the law."
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"Troubles with the Council seems a common trait among the local Valkyn'Vi. But then, if all was well at home, why would they be here?"
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

for a time, it seemed as all eyes were on elgoain. splendid!! he would have it no other way! tufting out his shirt and vest he ran a hand through his hair and flipped it back a second time, this time going slower, topaz licked his paw and brushed it down his head a few times and flicked his head again as well emulating the valkyn'vi, a quick check in the window reflection, perfect! now to see who his audience was.

he looked to legion, although he was pale like a valkyn vi he had not a marking on him, peculiar.

" i have no specific reason for arriving other than a little song, a little dance some pleasurable company per chance. i came across few of havens citizens while in the iron city, and after some most profitable opportuinities i decided to make my way along with the rest of those that had made the journey to the curious city back here. "

when dallid came in elgoain nodded in greeting to him
but then winced when aurora mentioned anybody following topaz through the portal and touched his left ear subconsciously

" umm, hopefully not."

the valkyn vi gave the dwarven woman a look and small shove with his elbow.
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'