Several Days After The Black

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

*The lock on the door clicks and the door swings inward, revealing the arrival of the large Dwarf and his Valkin'Vi traveling companion. Kaylan take a moment to glance around, noting who is gathered in the inn before nodding to An'Saylin to set the storage chest to the side. Kaylan drops his travel pack on the chest and turns back to those gathered.*
Korrigan, Quen, Dallid, Serith, Zeira ...good to see you all well and upright.
Who are your new friends, and what in the abyss did you do to the keep? Did you find another group of necromancers to make very happy while I was home, or did Abbadon turn to his old tricks while I was gone?
*Kaylan sets his long hammer and shield down and slowly starts removing his leather gloves as his eyes drift from Korrigan to Dallid and Serith with a smirkish grin*
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“Well met, Kaylan. We know not what destroyed the keep, but it would seem something may be eliminating everything associated with Corbyn Gravesbane. Perhaps Corbyn, himself, has taken the attitude that if he can’t have it, no one can. Perhaps one of his myriad enemies has acted. Whatever it is, it’s power is evident. Possibly this is even a reflection of the emotions of a lost Dragon.”
“Regardless, we leave for Brandybrook in the morning to discover what we may regarding the matter.”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

Marcus stands and goes to the Dwarf and extends his hand in friendship.

Sir Marcus Gideon, formerly of Haven. Though you can leave off the "Sir" part if you feel like. It's a recent addition that I'm not even used to yet.

Like Dallid said. We're making a trip to the academy. This man Vatavius brought us a necklace that we think had the same thing done to it as the keep, and we're following the lead to see where it goes.

I'm sure we could use a hand on it, if you and your companion are up for it. Vatavius seems to think the scholar we're gong to meet at the Academy might be in danger, and the general plan is to get there first and bloody anything's nose that tries to hurt him while we figure out what's going on.
-Evil always prevails when good people do nothing.

-All knight, every night.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

*Kaylans eyes narrow under a wrinkled brow as he replies to Dallid*
"so ... just so that I am clear, isnt corbyn the backstabbing, half gragon, bastard that betrayed the town to the elves and killed nearly every residents that was unable to flee to Caladonia I have heard so much venom about?!
I thought he had been tracked him down and killed? "
*Kaylan stretches a hand to Marcus with a nod of greeting*
Sir Gideon, one should never dismiss such a title as they are an indication of the depth of character needed to earn them, and once earned should be worn with pride. An honor to meet you.

*The dwarfs gaze turns to those gathered*
I will make ready to join you once Anson and I have settled in from our journey back here.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid nods. "The being responsible for the Night of the Burning Skulls, yes. He has certainly been tracked, but never found save by those who serve him."
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

*The dwarf cocks his head at Dallid and adds an expression of suprise*

"Serve him?! Well I guess if the necromancers can find help, there is sludge in the bottom of the minion pool for even Corbyn to scrape a lackey or two out of... Im calling dibs on the skull cracking he gets if and when we find him though."
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Serith just clenches a fist, and scowls

"Well if it is Corbyn, then we can only plan on that piece of Shit Paer'an not to be far away either..."

*Looks to Kaylan

"That is the kind of person who would serve Corbyn, and he still thinks that he will wreak havoc on Haven, but he will be sadly mistaken, course we could have taken care of that problem when he was forced into exile, but you know what they say, hindsight is 20/20"
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

* Kaylans replies in a stuttered and suprised tone*
Your former "lord Marshal" worked for Corbyn?!
How did that get missed and who thought exile was even a sane punishment?
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

"Well, did he actually? Or just claim to do such a thing?

Because I could claim I ride a dragon into battle. It's just not here right now; it's stabled in Caledonia and they've closed their gates to outsiders so you can't go see it to prove me right or wrong, unfortunately.

Marcus smirks.

Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Nods to Marcus

"Yes he may just be a blowhard, and all talk, but Id rather not chance it again. He has had his chance, and he knew the punishment if he came back, so that is what we are going to have the contingency plan in place if we do encounter his cowardice ass."

*Serith shakes his head as getting a bad taste out of his mouth and looks to Kaylan

"Believe me, that was not my doing on making him that position. We had much greater candidates for a battle master, and he himself granted the title Lord Marshall. But I digress, we are ready to travel to Brandybrook, and lets get us going on the trail."

*Serith heads to the door
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

Shrugs

"Good enough, I guess. Though I wouldn't mind meeting Corbyn some day. I've made my peace with his weakness for power, but I have a bone to pick with him on behalf of all the people who died in the Fishing Village."

He claps his hands together.

Yes, well....that's an issue for some other day, innit? I agree with Serith. Anybody that's coming, let's get a move on, and find this scholar."

He crosses back to the trestle table and swipes up his mug of mead, and swigs back all of it.

He takes up Durandal, and follows the half-elf out the door.