Building for the Future

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Building for the Future

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan walks into the Inn looking worried and determined all at the same time.*

"Hey Quen? Quen! We've got a problem."

*The Innkeeper disappears into the back room for a moment and returns a moment later carrying an ornate hammer. Behind him walks a metal mechanical gnome.*

"It's time to go to work."
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Torakhan »

Quen sits at his work bench, punching leather when Korrigan comes into the building and announces the problem. He rolls his eyes and huffs. "Really? We? Damn. What's goin' on?" He grumbles as Korrigan continues his walk out, only to return from the work shop carrying the artifacts. "Hey, I was working on... shit, whatever. So what's the issue? What needs fixing?" He asks, grabbing his heavy cloak and winter-wear, steadying himself on his walking stick and grabs his tools. "How far's the walk gonna be this time?"
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan hands Quen the ornate hammer and opens the door for the mechanical gnome. Outside Steamy can be seen pulling a wagon full of building materials as Stumpy stacks fresh-cut timber in a large pile.*

"Some foul magic just turned the Keep into rotten garbage, and now half the town is out on their ass. Our old outbuildings are no protection from the cold, so we need to get some proper housing built, and quickly."
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Torakhan »

Quen grumbles. "Great. Any thought if that same whatever is going to get this place too? Is it an attack of some sort to make us leave our protected places and get slaughtered?" He asks, heading out and seeing the materials being drug in. "You know, it'll take less time if we had more folks who could build working on this, right? I mean, the Gnome and the Hammer are gonna help, but we need to put in foundation and a good support if we want these things to last after Spring. Or at least until the first giant bear-hog-ghost monster attacks."

Quen takes a few moments. "Well, how many folks do you want to house, and where do you want the places built? I'll make up some plans and we'll get going on it. Anything special you want included, or are we going for the most basic for now and make 'em so we can add stone walls and all that crap later? Are we getting paid for this, or is this all charity work again?"
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

rothek walks out from the back of the tavern, hearing voices he came out to see who it was, he greeted korrigan and quen when saw them, but something was wrong. upon listening to korrigan he learned about the desolation of the keep. a rush of questions started to stampede through the beasts head, was everyone okay, fionna? orien? gabrial? Dallid? legion?.........Alice.

thought ceased and rothek began to act on instinct as he ran out of the tavern and sprinted on all fours through the forest in the direction of the keep.
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*sitting in the inn finishing up an ale before heading back to woodhaven to pack for his journey Serith looks with Dismay at Korrigan

"Holy Hell, what happened? Is everyone ok? Fionna is she alright? The rest of the people are they ok? The towns stores are they destroyed as well?

*Serith shakes his head as clearing a Fog.

"Even though we may not have much we do have some things in Woodhaven, I can go gather whatever I can...Being on the skirts of Haven Proper, I know we have available space for new dwellings, hell we even have some being built as we speak....maybe we can repurpose those and add on..."
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Lemmy Litgher
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Lemmy Litgher »

Wide eyed, "Damn, looks like that foundation I mentioned just gave out."
A friend is someone you'd die for.. If you don't feel that way, don't waste my time.
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan appears distant for a moment, as if lost in thought. After a few seconds he turns to Quen*

"I want a couple of buildings: solid, warm, simple and safe. Better than barracks, some separate rooms for women and children. This'll be home for our friends, so let's start with a strong foundation. I'll pay your usual rates for crafting and the same for anyone else who can lend a skilled hand. I'll keep the golems on task for the heavy lifting and we'll knock these bitches out right quick."

*Korrigan nods to Rothek as he runs out the door and then claps a hand on Serith's shoulder.*

"Serith, my friend, you'll do nothing of the sort. Thank you for the offer, but the things in Woodhaven are there for the Hospital, the Orphanage and the people. We can manage here without taking from kids and sick folk. There's more than enough space right here, and we can use my old outbuildings to get us started.

As for our folk, Dallid says everybody made it out of there, and whatever the hell did it looks like it has stopped, but we need get to the bottom of it pretty fucking quick."

*Hearing Lemmy, Korrigan grabs a tankard and drinks deeply.*

"No worries, Captain. That just makes room for a newer, stronger one."
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Zeira walks down the stairs of the inn

"Well that is actually...quite terrible. And if I might add, entirely not my fault. Fionna probably spilled a potion or that portal in the basement malfunctioned. Whichever way the point is it's entirely not my fault."