Proposed rule changes

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

Proposed rule changes

Post by GM_Chris »

To finish off our tweaking we must talk more of the craftsmen.

Here is go with what I propose

Proposal 1

Quality Weapons
-If you have a quality weapon you can add plus 1 damage when you Fury, you can add a plus 2 damage to back stab, you can add a plus 2 damage to channle.

Proposal 2
-All a quality weapon does is allow you to "CHARGE" your weapon to do 5 points of damage. This takes 10 seconds.

Armor
-Light armor will be 1/2 a point for each leg and each arm, and 1 points for the body. total 3(4 with a helmet)
-Medium Armor will be 1 point for each leg and arm and 3 points for the body. total 7 (8 with a helmet)
-Heavy Armor will be 2 ponts for each leg and arm and 6 points for the body. total 14 (15 with a helmet)

All helmets give 1 armor point

Quality Armor
Basically you can increase a suit of armor by 50% so a max light suit will honestly say I am lost here. IMO we cannot add to armor in any significant way without breaking the warrior without a HUGE penalty of some kind for wearing quality. Perhaps it should be HUGELY expensive to use. I am open for suggestions here.

Additional changes
Warriors DO NOT add their % armor bonus for buffs that are cast on them.

-Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Quqlity weapons
Proposal 1 seems more intuitive and it doesn't chode out the Rogue like proposal 2 does (why backstab for 3 or 6 if you can deliver 5 from anywhere every 10 seconds). The only thing is that a quality weapon then does nothing for a Sage or a Healer.

Armor
Ouch! the percentage decease for light and med is much less than heavy.
Lt would go from 5 possible to 3 or 40% decrease
Med would go from 10 possible to 7 or 30% decrease
Heavy would go from 15 possible to 14 or a 6% decrease
all #s w\out helmet. I don't think this is what you guys meant to do with armor, at least I hope not.

Quality armor
stumped as well, 50% bonus is definitely not the way to go though because then you end up where we were before, with max armor values in the 40's.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
GM_Chris
GM

re

Post by GM_Chris »

Im not against keeping the total armor points about where there were last event. The above was listed because those were the points as they were when we first started. I figured by lowering the mean damage in the game down considerably we could lower armor as well.

-Chris
Chris
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I personally like the 5 for 10 call for quality weapons. For the rogue, who's going to be a basic path and have a quality weapon? And backstab is only a 5 count vs. athe 10 for the 5 damage, so there is some bonus there still. As well, the 5 for 10 doesn't chode out the sage completely.

As for armor I still like the lowering of the class. Doesn't give warriors much of a bonus, depending on their discipline and everyone else benefits. As well, max armor stays around 30 for the warrior. Granted if you want a % armor bonus just use the formula I gave before to get base armor values.
WayneO42
GM

Quality

Post by WayneO42 »

I like the 5 damage for a ten count because its easy but it could get out of hand. It also gives a massive damage skill to everyone (Even non-combat characters). My other thought for quality weapons instead of the charged damage was to have them reduce the charge time of other combat skills. This would make quality weapons only really useful for combat characters. I dont think that is nescesarily bad. I was thinking something like reducing the charge time by 20%. It should be easy to calculate because our charge times are in 5 sec increments. It would also apply to the empath charge if they deliver the damage through the weapon.

As for quality armour. I like Erics idea of it just dropping the armour catagory by one. The only real problem is that Warriors dont really benifit at all. Maybe we can add that quality Heavy armour also has a reduced time to repair? Or we can add the ability for anyone wearing quality armour to spend a LP to heal themselves up 1 LP :)

-WayneO
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

The only problem I see with the 20% reduction in charge time is that the only two disciplines that really see a benefit are the archer and the pikeman (maybe assasin). Most of the other charge ups are magic in concept. The basic thief and empath get bonuses but the basic warrior sees no benefit though which is problematic.

Oh, one problem with the 5 for 10 count. Bows. 15 vorpal is too much. Way around this is that no other skills may be used when using the 5 for 10 like rage.
GM_Chris
GM

re

Post by GM_Chris »

As for armor I still like the lowering of the class. Doesn't give warriors much of a bonus, depending on their discipline and everyone else benefits. As well, max armor stays around 30 for the warrior. Granted if you want a % armor bonus just use the formula I gave before to get base armor values.
I am missiing something here. Please explain in more detail.

As for the rest I am hearing some good stuff and we need a desision by Tuesday so please keep posting more stuff.

-Chris
Chris
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

The lowering of the armor is the idea that quality reduces the type down one, so quality heavy armor would be considered medium for purposes of path and discipline restrictions. Medium would be light, and light would be none. Obviously the average warrior has no restrictions so he gets no bonus. Of course, he already has the 75% extra armor too...
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Obviously the average warrior has no restrictions so he gets no bonus. Of course, he already has the 75% extra armor too...
The warrior could then pick up a discipline that has armor resrictions, or buy rogue skills. Full path warrior would have lots of armor and only have to wear med, and get to choose paths that have armor restrictions. That sounds like a pretty good bonus to me.
Death=Adder

~Pink Floyd~
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Quality Armor

Post by Nelkie »

Here is the break down on my suggestion for quality armor. Note that quality helmets can protect against stun strike even when damaged. I have it in spreadsheet form for better apperance.

Light Armor
Armor Points QLW Light Light QHD Light
Right Leg 1 1 1.5
Left Leg 1 1 1.5
Right Arm 1 1 1.5
Left Arm 1 1 1.5
Chest 1 1 1.5
Helmet 1 1 1.5
Total 6 6 9

Warrior Bonus
75% 10 10 15
100% 12 12 18
125% 13 13 20

Fisrep Type Light Light Light
Armor Rating none Light Light

Medium Armor
Armor Points QLW Medium Medium QHD Medium
Right Leg 1 2 3
Left Leg 1 2 3
Right Arm 1 2 3
Left Arm 1 2 3
Chest 4 2 3
Helmet 1 1 1.5
Total 9 11 16.5

Warrior Bonus
75% 15 19 28
100% 18 22 33
125% 20 24 37

Fisrep Type Med Med Med
Armor Rating Light Med Med

Heavy Armor
Armor Points QLW Heavy Heavy QHD Heavy
Right Leg 1.5 3 4.5
Left Leg 1.5 3 4.5
Right Arm 1.5 3 4.5
Left Arm 1.5 3 4.5
Chest 6 3 4.5
Helmet 1 1 1.5
Total 13 16 24

Warrior Bonus
75% 22 28 42
100% 26 32 48
125% 29 36 54

Fisrep Type Heavy Heavy Heavy
Armor Rating Med Heavy Heavy[list][/list][list=][/list][url][/url][size=18][/size]
My Thoughts

Aaron
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

I still very much dislike the armor system suggested above, it ends up reducing the lt and med alot and barely affects the heavy at all. I still think 54 possible pts of armor is way too much but that's just my opinion. Last event the #s that the NPC monsters were calling was pretty high and the only reason they were was to make it even semi-challenging for Ka to fight. We keep talking about lowering the damage but with this armor system and lowering of damage I predict the same complaints that I've heard from both PC's and NPC's about the amount of damage and armor will be there.
Death=Adder

~Pink Floyd~
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Armor

Post by Nelkie »

I just relized I posted the armor values for this session. Below is what I meant to post. Which is more releastic.

Light Armor
Armor Points QLW Light Light QHD Light
Right Leg 0.5 0.5 1
Left Leg 0.5 0.5 1
Right Arm 0.5 0.5 1
Left Arm 0.5 0.5 1
Chest 2 2 4
Helmet 1 1 1
Total 5 5 9

Warrior Bonus
75% 8 8 15
100% 10 10 18
125% 11 11 20

Fisrep Type Light Light Light
Armor Rating none Light Light

Medium Armor
Armor Points QLW Medium Medium QHD Medium
Right Leg 1 1 1.5
Left Leg 1 1 1.5
Right Arm 1 1 1.5
Left Arm 1 1 1.5
Chest 4 4 6
Helmet 1 1 1
Total 9 9 13

Warrior Bonus
75% 15 15 22
100% 18 18 26
125% 20 20 29

Fisrep Type Med Med Med
Armor Rating Light Med Med

Heavy Armor
Armor Points QLW Heavy Heavy QHD Heavy
Right Leg 1.5 1.5 2
Left Leg 1.5 1.5 2
Right Arm 1.5 1.5 2
Left Arm 1.5 1.5 2
Chest 6 6 7
Helmet 1 1 1
Total 13 13 16

Warrior Bonus
75% 22 22 28
100% 26 26 32
125% 29 29 36

Fisrep Type Heavy Heavy Heavy
Armor Rating Med Heavy Heavy
My Thoughts

Aaron
GM_Chris
GM

re

Post by GM_Chris »

I am not against these numbers

anyone else?

-Chris
Chris
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

I think the truly important number there Chris is that it max's out at 36, which I think everyone would agree is better than fifty some
Mike
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

I know this is nitpicky... but is there any way we could not deal with decimals? I know in the middle of combat I have far more things to think of then figuring out my armor to the decimal place...

Natalie