Proposed rule changes

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Actually, you'd never deal with the decimals in combat just at check in and check out. During the game those are truncated (down I believe) so 4.5 armor is the same a 4 (or 5 if it's up).
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

I agree Nat, I was against the use of fractions and such from the beginning and I thought that I came up with a much better value system in the old forums.

You may not have to deal with decimals after game-on, but when mixing and matching types of armor it can get tricky.

And 36 Max is much better.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I think Aaron's numbers are good and it gives a little diversity in quality armour. You can go light weight or you can go with Heavy Duty to increase the AP numbers. Can you do both on a single piece of armour? How do you decide armour catagory if you mix and match? Still based on breastplate? We may want to simplify things and just have quality armour apply to the breastplate and leave arms and legs at base. It would make a difference in numbers but we can just adjust by applying more of a bonus to the breastplate.

-WayneO
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Can you do both on a single piece of armour? How do you decide armour catagory if you mix and match?
That's why I proposed having all arms and legs be 1 and varying the chest piece value, base the armor category on the breastplate and the rest doesn't affect the category. That would also eliminate the annoyance of fractions.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
GM_Chris
GM

re

Post by GM_Chris »

Hmmmmmm

Well we have till tomorrow to decide. I am a bit against the all extremities being 1 point.

As for determining your armor catagory we could always do it by points.

If you wear less than say 6 armor points then you are considered to be in light armor.

Thoughts
Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

OK...How about this:
  • Quality Armour can either lower the armour catagory by 1 -or- increase the number of AP.

The only piece of armour that can be made quality is the chest piece.

Your Armour catagory is determined by the heaviest piece of armour worn (Not including the helmet).
I think the only one that needs explaining is the last point. If you are wearing a light chest plate and heavy arms, you would be considered in heavy armour. Why doesn't it include the helmet? I feel that it is never a bad idea to allow players to wear as heavy of protection as they want on their head. Its just good OOG safety.

-WayneO
GM_Chris
GM

re

Post by GM_Chris »

I can get behind that wayne

LOL I agree with all... Well except Todd

Chris
Chris
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

I guess I'm confused... If the decimals get rounded off anyway, then what's the point?

Nat

P.S. I'm not trying to be difficult, I swear...
GM_Chris
GM

re

Post by GM_Chris »

Well the end result is rounded down.

Basically if you rounded down first there would be no point. Forexample, two pieces that are .5 each would be 1 once you add them together ves 0 if you rounded each down first then added them together.

-Chris
Chris