I saw a neat I dea

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The draw from the bag was my compromise because I do agree Erik that that would allow the warrior to survive too long without much penalty (and I'm not sure we gave a good description of the bag yet. It is part of the surgery skill as mentioned. Within the bag are 10 chips, at least one of which is red and at least one of which is white. If you draw a red chip you are dead; draw a white and gain a hp). And I completely disagree that the warrior would most likely have to draw from the bag anyway because it has been my impression that people can be brought back from pretty far without the bag (or at least that has been the case thus far).

That said, I'm not sure what the solution is.

Mike
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Warrior

Post by Nelkie »

Here is a simple method to stop the warrior from doing a count while in negatives. Basically the warrior gets 10 more life during combat, but at a great cost. If the warrior does not have potions on them (enough to heal 10 life, which is every expensive) or there is not a healer around and they use these skills, they will die.
Also keep in mind when the warrior does drop they are at negative 10 or lower. That is a bad place to be at.

I do not see this over powering. The warrior is suppose to fight, but a back stab, a channel, nerve pinch, poison, sleep effect, etc will counter these new skills.

You only have to change two skills.

Endurance and determination

Endurance – The warrior can still fight and use any skills that do no take a life point to use when they enter negatives. When the warrior enters negatives they lose any life activated skills they are currently using (rage, defense matrix, etc) The warrior can continue to use this skill until they reach -10 life or combat is over. At the time combat is over the warrior automatically drops to -10 or keeps at current negatives, which ever one is worse, and starts to bleed to death. After using this skill the warrior can not fight or use any other skill for 15 minutes.

Note: the warrior can only use the determination skill while bleeding to death-in negatives.
Note: If the warrior is falls unconious while using these skills they automatically drop to -10 and start to bleed to death.

Berserk - The warrior can still fight, use any skills that do no take a life point to use when they enter negatives, and get +2 damage. When the warrior enters negatives they lose any life activated skills they are currently using (rage, defense matrix, etc) The warrior can continue to use this skill until they reach -10 life or combat is over. At the time combat is over the warrior automatically drops to -10 or keeps at current negatives, which ever one is worse, and starts to bleed to death. After using this skill the warrior can not fight or use any other skill for 30 minutes.
My Thoughts

Aaron