Heraldry

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Onyksi Rin'oviryn wrote: Besides, why should skill bonuses be handed out for good roleplaying?
It is my opinion that good role-playing should ALWAYS be rewarded. It is a good way to keep people role-playing well and it encourages others to do the same. Also, someone who maybe new to role-playing will learn and grow as a role-player through the positive re-enforcement.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
WayneO42
GM

Re: Bonus's

Post by WayneO42 »

Nelkie wrote:How would it work with the guilds that are in a house. Would the people wear their guild and house colors? or would the house colors take prestence? I real do not want to wear my blue and gold guild colors and than have to wear a pale green house shirt. The colors could clash.
In my opinion, you would wear one orgs colors one's favor on your belt. If I were running a house, I would have all members of guilds under my house wear house colors and a guild favor at their belt. It would give the organization the apperance of size and project a "We are everywhere and we act as one" kinda vibe.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Onyksi Rin'oviryn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onyksi Rin'oviryn »

What I meant by that statement is that it should be a given that everyone makes a good effort at roleplaying. That's the basis of the game. I just don't see why there should be incentives given for it if that's what we're supposed to be doing anyways.
Let me be the one you need, I shall be the one you feed. All I am and all you see, is all I will and ever be.

Onyksi del Rin'oviryn
"Nuk"
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

I have not responded yet because well I am on the fense. I dont nessesarily like the idea of rewarding heraldry but at the same time I completely understand the positive reinforcement

-Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

I'd be in favor of the heraldry bonus as it has been stated thus far. I don't think a reduction in the required influence for maintenence is all that unbalancing, and it does serve as a reward for those trying to show that their guild is powerful. If you think about it, the perception of power is the possession of power, and the more sway your organization seems to have, the more it actually possesses.

Also, I like the look of heraldry. Belt hangars are one thing, but anyone who actually got their members into uniform costume/armor might deserve something over and above the bonuses discussed. Being a new character who may yet be forming a guild, I obviously have certain biases on the topic, but the investment out of game and the impact within seem to merit reward.
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.