Here is some excitment

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

Here is some excitment

Post by GM_Chris »

Ok guys I went through the book kind of quickly and wrote up a general idea of what will be looked at and POSSIBLY changed in the off season.

Please help out and go through the list and comment on a way you think it should be changed or anything I missed.

Now if you would like to be VERY cool you can say the section should be worded exactly like "bla bla" and it is found on page.. Now if you take that extra step I might be inclined to give you something in the way of points assuming we as GM's use your suggestion.

Thanks
Chris

Rules that need to be changed

Size categories and weapon restriction..do we want to keep this? Page 8

Gnomes are still in the race chart with how long they live. Page 8

Dark Elves are listed and should probably have their own section as a foot note under sub races, along with other sub races some players were so creative to come up with that have been approved Page 8

Gavin: Should regen be better?

Dwarf: Is it cool enough?

Orcs: Boon does not talk about resisting press. We need to add a video faq to the press skill.

Warrior: Should Parry be allowed to be used for crush attacks?

Rogue: Stunstrike, nerve pinch, back stab..we need separate calls IMO. Barter needs to give out resources similar to wilderness survival.

Sage: Needs a bit of a power boost. Buffs: Alchemy, sage, and Arcane need to have different type of buffs. Remove resist magic.

Alchemy: Potion creation times need to be reduced or the amount of potions one can brew at one time increased. Some potions need to be tweeked

Arcane: All spells need to be looked at especially the res line. Need to remove min casting,

Craftsman: add in some neat one shot items they can make that eat up resources. Repair time: Give a bonus to repair time for those people in real armor.

Barbarian: Do we allow warriors to parry crush and if so are we happy with this? Max damage is 2.

Druid: Crush attack should be a 10 second charge time or a 5 second charge time and then cannot move.

Man at arms: Resist sleep and Shield need to switch places. Should resist sleep also protect against nerve pinch and stun strike?

Monk: Should we add in thrown weapons and take immunity away from magically thrown damage

Spy: Should only be common

Swashbuckler: Taunt needs work as a call and as a skill. Possible removal. Also this is only a common discipline. Vorpal should simply state it has a cap of 2 damage.

Undead Slayer: Should this be in common and savage?

Starting equipment:
We need to add in shelter

House skills
Need to be looked at for coolness factor and consistency

Traps: Needs a look into. Pit traps especially due to difficulty of physrep.

Random changes
“Certain skills allow players to perform special actions. For example, the barbarian can cause fear. When you are hit with any attack that is not preceded by a number (i.e. “Fear” as opposed to “10 magic”) then you are affected by that attack if it hits any part of you, your sword, or your shield. On the other hand, weapon attacks preceded by a number can be blocked by a weapon or a shield, and packet driven attacks preceded by a number can be blocked by a shield.” This needs changed with a lot more info present. Surging is a major source of confusing,

Trade Routes
Bidding system, resource steeling

Check out
A better procedure and get all hard core on people’s ass when they decide not to follow it so when a couple houses fall because people don’t do it right they get the message. J

Hero Points
Better defined

Resists
We need to change language in the book so that we are consistant with certan concepts such as surging, immunity, and resisting. You resist by spending a LP, Immune you spend nothing. Also we need to have to get a solid explanation on buffs.

Random Rules:

[b[No Sex at FH needs to be added to the list of Bolded bad stuff to do during the game. I mean for goodness sake no making out on the field, no fondling, no sleeping together on the bunks. Keep that shit zipped up or we will kick your ass out of the game!
[/b]

Might have to get really strict about minors playing our game and start checking ID's..not allow people under 21 if people want a more mature atmouspher. (drinking, drug use, sex)[/b]
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

More ideas

Post by Nelkie »

-Quality shields, yes/no

- Armor, what is conssidered cover to be classified as head, legs, arms, etc.., What armor category is certain types of armor

- Craftsman, what can they do, the cost in resources, and time

- costume repair of 5 minutes

- How to create builds, and how to damage buildings

- Rules for seige weapons

- Can a building help boost a trade route, grainwery, tannery, forge, etc.. If so what are the rules

- Empath fear and sleep, can it be made just sleep/fear instead of being magical to. Makes the skills more useful and can only be counter by 1 resist

-Explain how alliagence works, and the different grace periods a guild has for lack of people or alliagence.

-Explain the difference between active and inactive skills. Rage & parry how many life points it truely takes to switch between the skills

-Explain how posion works and whena person takes posion damage

-Include armor sheets into the rule book

- Utlize armor bonus repop after 5 minutes of rest for the warrior

-Quality armor points are normal repaired, but do not count for determining armor category.

-How to determine a person armor category

-Shield sizes (How large and how does on measure it)

-Is a fist physrep required to deliver a nerve pinch

-If I have a charged skill complete and someone touch me with there hand, can the charged skill be relesed into the person who touch the charged person?

-Rules on moving lash traps, traps in general

- Backstab - how is it suppose to be delievered

-What is the proper method to do a count

-The number of healing potions a person can take when in negatives

- Can a craftsman make locks, if so what are the rules. Can a person break a lock?

-Is there any bonus for having real armor verse fake armor?

If I think of any more, I will let you know
My Thoughts

Aaron
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

I have 3 thoughts........

Quality weapons yes/no

Craftsman: Shorter repair times for higher levels of craftsman

If taunt is removed from Swashbuckler: How about giving them the ability to perhaps dodge?
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
GM_Chris
GM

BTW

Post by GM_Chris »

Thanks for the quick feedback guys!

Hey just want to say this is your chance when we solidify this rulebook in the off season that will be the book for the ENTIRE next year soooo please give any feedback you have.

I will be hard ass on this post. Please Please do not respond to other people's suggestions ONLY make suggestions on my post.

The more detailed you are the better life will be.

Forexample....Dodge was suggested (not picking on you you just had the last post) A better suggestion would be Swashbucker should get an evade, but since evade is a 4th level skill and we are replacing a first level skill then perhaps an evade that is a self buff that can be cast on myself once every hmm 15 minutes or something. (Not saying that is even acceptable as a 1st level skill just giving an example on detail)

Chris
Chris
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Your character will gain one Hero Point every five levels passed level 20. Thus a Hero Point is gained at levels 25, 30, 35, etc. Hero Points may also be awarded during plots. You must obtain a Hero Point tag from NPC camp for every Hero Point you gain. Hero points can be used in the following ways:

1. Perform any single counted action or ability instantly. For abilities involving a series of counted actions (such as Surgery), the count for only a single such action is ignored for each Hero Point spent.
Example: Lambic was on the wrong end of a powerful boom attack, and is now bleeding to death. Donnovan employs the Surgery skill to try to save his friend. After one minute, Lambic is healed 10 points, but is still two points away from being stabilized. As the enemy is approaching, Donnovan finds he won’t have time to finish the surgery, so he spends a Hero Point. Lambic draws a white chip from the surgery bag and heals another point. Donnovan must still spend one more minute with surgery or spend another Hero Point so Lambic can draw another chip, or Lambic will die.

2. Gain 5 temporary life for a battle or scene. At the end of the scene, your character returns to maximum life level or maintains the current life level, whichever is lower. Multiple Hero Points may be used in this fashion to stack additional temporary life.
Example: A Sage with eight life points is caught out in the woods alone by a pack of beastmen. He calls for help, but knows he won’t survive long enough to be rescued as is. He spends two Hero Points to raise his life temporarily to 18. By the time he friends arrive and deal with the beastmen, the Sage has been reduced to 10 life. The combat is over, so his remaining temporary life vanishes, returning him to his maximum of eight life. Had he been damaged for 14 points during the fighting, he would remain at four points after the combat, as this level is below his maximum life.

3. Increase your damage by 1 point for a battle or scene. Multiple Hero Points may be spent in this fashion to stack additional damage. This affects all forms of damage your character can deliver. Vorpal damage cannot exceed 2.
Example: A Warrior decides he really wants to dish out the damage during a battle. He normally does 1 damage, but spends three Hero Points to up his damage to 4. He is capable of delivering one 5-Crush attack, but now that attack delivers 8-Crush. He carries a magical device allowing him to fire off one 30 boom, but now that boom will deliver 33 points of damage. He can also strike for 1 Vorpal, but even though he’s spent three Hero Points, his Vorpal damage only increases to 2 for the duration of this fight.

Hero Points cannot be stolen, given away, or sold. When a Hero Point is used, its tag is destroyed.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Here is some excitment

Post by McEwan »

While I'm thinking about it here goes (warning: this will prob. be long)
Size categories and weapon restriction..do we want to keep this? Page 8
As reguards to weapon restriction, I don't see as nessassary. Sense all weapons do the same damage if Taki (name off the top of my head) wants to run around as a Gavin w/ a two-handed sword let him. IMO it's the same as telling Brad he can't play a tsutar because he's to short.
Gnomes are still in the race chart with how long they live. Page 8
I guess I don't know why gnomes are not a player-race. If it is because they don't have a useable boon (I think someone said that to me once) then give them another one like "Gnome boon: gnomes get a +1 armor bonus because they are quick-like-cat.", or "boon: due to the gnomes attention to detail a gnome char. can reduce any count time by 5 seconds with a minimum count time of 5." If you just don't want gnomes...well your gonna have to practically rewrite the rules anyway...
Dark Elves are listed and should probably have their own section as a foot note under sub races, along with other sub races some players were so creative to come up with that have been approved Page 8
The only problem I have with this is the possablity that people may feel resticted to the su-races that are listed.
Gavin: Should regen be better?
In a world where players have so few LP 4/hour is quite a lot at most I would increase it to 6/hour
Dwarf: Is it cool enough?
HECK NO, of course I play a Dwarf so....
If anything maybe add spend 1 LP to resist stun like effects <shrug>
Orcs: Boon does not talk about resisting press. We need to add a video faq to the press skill.
Is this not in the book? spend 1LP to Press, spend 1 LP to resist Press. like Poison calls, I don't understand why people don't get it.
Warrior: Should Parry be allowed to be used for crush attacks?
no. It is my understanding that a crush is a strike so powerful that it blows through all defences. if you don't want to be hit by a crush attack, don't get hit.
Rogue: Stunstrike, nerve pinch, back stab..we need separate calls IMO. Barter needs to give out resources similar to wilderness survival.
Barter: you get 1 food and 1 shelter
Sage: Needs a bit of a power boost. Buffs: Alchemy, sage, and Arcane need to have different type of buffs. Remove resist magic.
If you want to powerboost the sage, put more riddles ingame. That would have a huge effect.
Please do not remove resist magic, without it the Witch hunter becomes largely a PC killer.
Alchemy: Potion creation times need to be reduced or the amount of potions one can brew at one time increased. Some potions need to be tweeked
Personally I would like to see Alchemist and Crafters alowed to perform their crafts between events. The amount of time required to produce useful products effectivly removes them from the game for the event.
Arcane: All spells need to be looked at especially the res line. Need to remove min casting
I think one of the things people were overlooking after the last event was the amout of resorses that were required to bring everyone back, many of wich were irriplacable, or difficult to come by. The only problem I have with the res's was the "I don't like what race I am so I'll kill myself and get reincarnated again" crap. My solution: If you get reincarnated and die again, you are dead dead, no comming back.
Craftsman: add in some neat one shot items they can make that eat up resources. Repair time: Give a bonus to repair time for those people in real armor.
The best I can come up with off the top of my head is getting together with other classes to make nifty arrows
flaming arrow
poison arrow
healing arrow: shoot someone and they gane 3 life (Bwa hahahaha)
Barbarian: Do we allow warriors to parry crush and if so are we happy with this? Max damage is 2.
[for crush see above]
And if the damage seems lite I would suggest moving Crush to lvl 3 and at four putting "Baserker Rage: For 1 LP a Barbarian can go into a baserker frenzy, he hits for one extra damage, however he will attack anyone within range.", or "Maul: The Barberian can swing for +1 damage when useing a two-handed weapon"
Druid: Crush attack should be a 10 second charge time or a 5 second charge time and then cannot move.
agreed
Also, other totem abilities should be codified and a list of sugestions for what totems do what.
Man at arms: Resist sleep and Shield need to switch places. Should resist sleep also protect against nerve pinch and stun strike?
The resist sleep should just resist sleep effects (ie. nerve pinch is a sleep effect, but stun strike is not)
Monk: Should we add in thrown weapons and take immunity away from magically thrown damage
Yes
Spy: Should only be common
I disagree, if for no other reason than privledged (and savage for that matter) have restricted choices as it is. If anything spy should be a privlaged class only.
Swashbuckler: Taunt needs work as a call and as a skill. Possible removal. Also this is only a common discipline. Vorpal should simply state it has a cap of 2 damage.
I think the swashbuckler should be open to privledged players. To prevent the Knight-Swashbuckler nightmare switch the #2 and #4 slots on the power tree. You may want to take a long hard look at the class in any case, the last three abilities all seem like lvl 4 abilities
Undead Slayer: Should this be in common and savage?
Yes
Starting equipment:
We need to add in shelter
true that
House skills
Need to be looked at for coolness factor and consistency
This is a post all it's own so I will leave it as such
Traps: Needs a look into. Pit traps especially due to difficulty of physrep.
I know nothing of traps.
My brain hurts so the rest will have to wait for another post
Ignorance can be fixed...stupid you're stuck with
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Suggestion for Monk thrown weapons: Don't up the damage of the thrown weapon, but allow a Monk to release multiple objects per throw (such as a stack of throwing stars) with each object doing one damage on contact. Max number of objects released in one throw can be capped (suggest 3).
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

I think the Man-at-Arms resist sleep should work against nerve-pinch and stun strike. This can make for a good guard-type character, or anti-rogue/assassin.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Craftsmen ought to be able to make locks. A level 3 craftsman can make simple locks, while a level 4 can make complex. Locks can be destroyed in the same manner as a shield. Perhaps 5 points of damage required for simple locks, 15 for complex.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

Resources to make a master quality complex lock like maybe 10 steel.

Resources to make a simple lock for the lvl 3 craftsman like 5 steel.

Basically in that example that the complex lock resource lock be twice as expensive to make then just the simple lock.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Where did the following definition come from, home grown or CARPS book??
Your character will gain one Hero Point every five levels passed level 20. Thus a Hero Point is gained at levels 25, 30, 35, etc. Hero Points may also be awarded during plots. You must obtain a Hero Point tag from NPC camp for every Hero Point you gain. Hero points can be used in the following ways:

1. Perform any single counted action or ability instantly. For abilities involving a series of counted actions (such as Surgery), the count for only a single such action is ignored for each Hero Point spent.
Example: Lambic was on the wrong end of a powerful boom attack, and is now bleeding to death. Donnovan employs the Surgery skill to try to save his friend. After one minute, Lambic is healed 10 points, but is still two points away from being stabilized. As the enemy is approaching, Donnovan finds he won’t have time to finish the surgery, so he spends a Hero Point. Lambic draws a white chip from the surgery bag and heals another point. Donnovan must still spend one more minute with surgery or spend another Hero Point so Lambic can draw another chip, or Lambic will die.

2. Gain 5 temporary life for a battle or scene. At the end of the scene, your character returns to maximum life level or maintains the current life level, whichever is lower. Multiple Hero Points may be used in this fashion to stack additional temporary life.
Example: A Sage with eight life points is caught out in the woods alone by a pack of beastmen. He calls for help, but knows he won’t survive long enough to be rescued as is. He spends two Hero Points to raise his life temporarily to 18. By the time he friends arrive and deal with the beastmen, the Sage has been reduced to 10 life. The combat is over, so his remaining temporary life vanishes, returning him to his maximum of eight life. Had he been damaged for 14 points during the fighting, he would remain at four points after the combat, as this level is below his maximum life.

3. Increase your damage by 1 point for a battle or scene. Multiple Hero Points may be spent in this fashion to stack additional damage. This affects all forms of damage your character can deliver. Vorpal damage cannot exceed 2.
Example: A Warrior decides he really wants to dish out the damage during a battle. He normally does 1 damage, but spends three Hero Points to up his damage to 4. He is capable of delivering one 5-Crush attack, but now that attack delivers 8-Crush. He carries a magical device allowing him to fire off one 30 boom, but now that boom will deliver 33 points of damage. He can also strike for 1 Vorpal, but even though he’s spent three Hero Points, his Vorpal damage only increases to 2 for the duration of this fight.

Hero Points cannot be stolen, given away, or sold. When a Hero Point is used, its tag is destroyed.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

It's from the mind of Doug as a suggestion for replacing the current blurb on Hero Points in the rule book - taken from what I've heard about them from the GMs over the years and with my own opinions sprinkled in. For the GMs to heed or discard as they will.
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Yes Doug is the first to put in EXACTLY what I was looking for as a suggestion.

I give a big happy amount of excitment and graditute for that hero point post!

Chris
Chris
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Something else that we will change is how you RP fear.

We talked about fear just making it so you cannot attack or defend esentially making everything crush. Then you can run away or stand and get beat down your choice.

Chris
Chris
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

I like it. That way, a feared person can cower in the center of his comrades, rather than running off into the dark woods all alone.