the rewrite

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

the rewrite

Post by McEwan »

How big of a rewrite is this going to be? Is it going to be more along the lines of a few clarifications and maybe some spellchecking, or is it going to be a more formitable overhaul?
Ignorance can be fixed...stupid you're stuck with
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Rewrite of the rules?

See the things I listed those will be changed "tweeked" plus the things added by the player base will be examined and added accordingly.

Most things will not even be affected.

Now if your a sage\arcane\craftsman\alchemist then you will be affected the most LOL.

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

What about the armor thing that we talked about after the event?
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"
GM_Chris
GM

re

Post by GM_Chris »

Well it was added to the list, but that I consider a tweek not an overhaul.

Chris
Chris
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

Now if your a sage\arcane\craftsman\alchemist then you will be affected the most LOL.
Oh hell. Lambic, he's talking about you!

The Rules ---> :snipersmile: :puppydogeyes: <--- Lambic
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Re: RE

Post by Lambic »

GM_Chris wrote: Now if your a sage\arcane\craftsman\alchemist then you will be affected the most LOL.
**Cough** You forgot Dwarf **Cough**

:wink:
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

LOL well the cool thing is this

Sage will get better
Craftsman will get better
Alchemy will get better in some ways and others will be adjusted/better/worse depending
Arcane will go down in power.

Chris
Chris
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

the reason I asked was that I had a nifty idea, but it was more of an overhaul kinda thing in sted of a tweek kinda thing.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Breaks out the pom poms*

Yippie craftsman getting better and taunt either being eleminated or very fixed in the off seaaon.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

McEwan wrote:the reason I asked was that I had a nifty idea, but it was more of an overhaul kinda thing in sted of a tweek kinda thing.
Whats your Idea?
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
McEwan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by McEwan »

WayneO42 wrote:Whats your Idea?
just thinking that it would be cool that for the lvl four disapline if there were two abilties to choose from.

For instance: Man-at-Armes could pick the "Shield" ability or get something like "Unflankable": For the expenditure of one LP the Man-at-Arms may may resist the effect of a backstab.

Or for the Knight, they may choose the WF-Blades, or "Calming Pressence": The knight may speak with a companion for 15 minutes and bestow upon them one resist fear for the next combat sceane.

Undead Hunter: Could get "Banish" or, "Mass Repel Undead": For one LP the Undead Hunter a PB lash repel.

Having just thought of this last night i haven't gone through all the Disciplines and like I said it's more of a overhaul thing than a tweek thing. Just was thinking, and thought it would be neat :)
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

I just have a small question/suggestion as well, figured this might be the best place to put this.

For Withchunters - just curious if there might be away to make it possible for them to actually be able to pick out a magic user from a non-magic user as I feel that is their real job.

If anything my original thought was more a combination and in the feel of a tweak I was looking at taking a Witchhunter with the sense magic from Empath.. but it is the second ability on their list.. don't know if it would be a problem and I know this is more a personal request but if it was moved to the first rung on the empath list it would give the Withhunters and such an easier way to be able hunt down the things they are trained to hunt.

Thanks for listening.
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

For Withchunters - just curious if there might be away to make it possible for them to actually be able to pick out a magic user from a non-magic user as I feel that is their real job.
They do this in CARPS, but since the world has changed and all in Final Haven perhaps due to everything being messed up I'm thinking that is why they can no longer perform that ability in this new world.

Would I like to see witch-hunter with sense magic, yes. Do I like the way they are written up in Final Haven without that ability. Heck yes. For it took a whole pirate concept to get me to not play once since I do love it so.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I like sense magic as the first skill. In my mind it makes more sense. In order to manipulate raw magic, first you need to find it.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
GM_Chris
GM

re

Post by GM_Chris »

I vote no...find it via observation and RP

No need for skill. I mean that way you can be more zealot about it.

Chris
Chris