Taunt Question

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

I agree with Wayne and Yes for the time being it would break a charged skill.

Im wondering how taunt lost any kind of charge up time or LP expenditure when it got into the book.

OH taunt will be looked at in the off season!

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

Well to me, sounds reasonable guys and a good patch for this weekend.

thanks

:D
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Ok...I agree with Chris on the charge breaking (atleast for the time being)
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
GM_Chris
GM

re

Post by GM_Chris »

GUNK!!!!!!!

Ok just to clarify I never said they couldnt recharch.

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Kidwynn wrote: Before this goes back and forth anylonger since now there is going to be confusion of how this works at the event would like Chris or Wayne please give a final ruling on this for Friday.
All of the things in these fourms are supposed to be considered discussion only uless as Wayne has done they make a temporary or permanent ruling. If there is confusion about a skill they've said go by what is in the book.
Kidwynn wrote:I've known it as it does disrupt a charge for it's hard to concentrate when someone is insulting you, throwing rocks at your, or getting your goat that you loose foccus.
Loose focus momentarily I could see, but fly into a berserker rage and have an empath or scholar become a bloodthirsty warrior?
Kidwynn wrote:AND if a swashbuckler is smart they are not THAT squishy.
Comparatively to the min\maxed warrior they will be squishy, some less than others and it doesn't neccesarily mean you are less smart. Some people actually choose skills and such based on a backstory not what gives them the best set of #'s on a character sheet. :wink:
Im wondering how taunt lost any kind of charge up time or LP expenditure when it got into the book.
Yep, was wondering that same thing.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

amen

Post by Malphus »

Some people actually choose skills and such based on a backstory not what gives them the best set of #'s on a character sheet.
This is probably the most insulting, but true statement I've read on this forum. I love it.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

All of the things in these fourms are supposed to be considered discussion only uless as Wayne has done they make a temporary or permanent ruling. If there is confusion about a skill they've said go by what is in the book.
I was asking for them to make a temporary ruling for this weekend since the ability was a little fuzzy. By no means was I attempting to hault the discussion on this skill. By all means continue to discuss. The book in this case was not very clear.
Loose focus momentarily I could see, but fly into a berserker rage and have an empath or scholar become a bloodthirsty warrior?
Who said ANYTHING about having an empath fly into the bezerker rage. Heck the empath could flee via the fear part of the effect and regroup somewhere to charge a big boom to get the swashbuckler with.
Comparatively to the min\maxed warrior they will be squishy, some less than others and it doesn't neccesarily mean you are less smart. Some people actually choose skills and such based on a backstory not what gives them the best set of #'s on a character sheet.
I actually agree with Hoadly on this, I find that statement a little on the insulting side.

Some people choose backstories where their swashbuckler leaned towards the rogue, some the warrior. I was just stating a warrior/swash is less squishy then the impression that you gave that a swashbuckler was squishy. Plus I also meant by my statement that if you use your allies and tactics a swash isn't as squishy as one may think.

Was just trying to ask for a clarification of the skill before Friday since I do play a swashbucker and all. Something solid to go by from the GMs for now was all I was looking for.
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

rebute

Post by Malphus »

Quote:
Comparatively to the min\maxed warrior they will be squishy, some less than others and it doesn't neccesarily mean you are less smart. Some people actually choose skills and such based on a backstory not what gives them the best set of #'s on a character sheet.

BTW-Kidwynn,

I wasn't saying it was true with regards to YOU...but certainly is in regards to SOME
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

Some people may do that, but there are others who don't and that's a personal choice. To insult the former in this type of forum because that is how they want to write up there charcter was just not cool.

I wasn't taking that as personally insulting, I just felt it was not exactly called for in general.

It's all cool....basically whatever and again thank-you Wayne and Chris for clarifying taunt for now.
Last edited by Kidwynn on Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

yeah

Post by Malphus »

go julie!
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nelkie »

Wait a minute, chosing skills based on a character history. That's just crazy talk :lol:

Personaly, I create my character, than make a histroy that fits my skills. Just ask steve on this. It doesn't really matter, as long as we all are having fun 8)
My Thoughts

Aaron
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

My comment wasn't meant to be insulting at all, if I'm trying to insult you or anyone else you'll know it and I won't use :wink: for sure. And to me it's insulting to say that people that don't have the best possible #'s on their sheet are not smart.

"All of the things in these fourms are supposed to be considered discussion only uless as Wayne has done they make a temporary or permanent ruling. If there is confusion about a skill they've said go by what is in the book."
This statement was so that other people that came upon the thread wouldn't think that what we are discussing or what the GM's say in the threads are rules and also to help and clear up any confusion you (Julie)may have had since you stated that you were becoming confused and implied that others would be confused as well.
Some people choose backstories where their swashbuckler leaned towards the rogue, some the warrior. I was just stating a warrior/swash is less squishy then the impression that you gave that a swashbuckler was squishy. Plus I also meant by my statement that if you use your allies and tactics a swash isn't as squishy as one may think.
Didn't I say all these same things in my last few posts?
This is probably the most insulting, but true statement I've read on this forum. I love it.
My statement wasn't meant to be insulting, just a fact. To some people min\maxing their #'s on a character sheet are more important than the story behind them and to some the story behind the #'s is more important. To each their own, I don't expect everyone to believe as I do about anything and I respect their choice, but that doesn't mean that I can't have my opinion either.

And Hoad, if THAT'S the most insulting thing you've seen on the forums you just haven't read enough threads with Ried and me. :lol:
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

He has a point on that one...omg you two. :P

I being a swashbuckler needed some sort of clarification on my skill so that is why I asked the GMs to give a guideline to go buy. It wasn't clear in the book.
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

wow

Post by Malphus »

Nelkie wrote:Wait a minute, chosing skills based on a character history. That's just crazy talk :lol:

Personaly, I create my character, than make a histroy that fits my skills. Just ask steve on this. It doesn't really matter, as long as we all are having fun 8)
I've never heard you actually admitt to it. ohmigosh
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malphus »

My statement wasn't meant to be insulting, just a fact. To some people min\maxing their #'s on a character sheet are more important than the story behind them and to some the story behind the #'s is more important. To each their own, I don't expect everyone to believe as I do about anything and I respect their choice, but that doesn't mean that I can't have my opinion either.
It's all in the subtleties, my man...all in the technique.

sorry I took it in the wrong spirit.

Word