Things we haven't worked out yet: Warlord

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

Things we haven't worked out yet: Warlord

Post by GM-Mike »

The Warlord has a group buff currently (Resist Fear). What if anything do we want to do with that?
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Yeah that really sucks!

I will put my mind to it

Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Ok guys do we keep this meaning we have to have this tagged "warlord buff"

Or

Do we think of a non buffing effect.

We could give them a remove fear (requieres something in the damage call section)

Warlord touches a person and says remove fear

Chris
Chris
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Another idea is a LP cost for a mass remove fear..cost 3 LP's or what they get from savage

It would happen once a fight but again requieres a new damage call/effect

Chris
Chris
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I have always had a problem with Warlord because he has skills that duplicate other skills that other disciplines get at a lower level. Their leadership is the same as bureaucrat's but it is 4th instead of 2nd. Their harden skin is the same as barabarian but they get it at 3rd instead of 2nd. So, I re-wrote the discipline as the Chieftan. I know its late in the gme for this but take a look:

Chieften - savage

Level 1: Political Mind
This skill increases your personal allegiance total by 25%, thereby counteracting the savage penalty.

Level 2: Respect of the Tribe
If the chieften is the head of an organization comprised of only characters with the savage lifestyle then the chieften gains a 25% bonus to his total allegience. If not, the chieften gains an additional 25% bonus to their personal allegience if they pledge it to only one organization.

Level 3: Split allegiance
The chieften can split their allegiance any way they want but can only send allegiance upward. For example, a chieften who is the head of the house could not use allegiance to support a guild because a guild is lower on the hierarchy than a house.

Level 4: Hunt and Gather
The chieften is able to direct the hunting and gathering efforts of his people. Thus, the chieften is considered to always have a tade route available for food or hide at a rate of xx trade points per resource. The maximum amount of resources available to the chieftan is xx and they must choose either food or hide. The chieften can change their choice between events.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

That hunt and gather is danagerous. I dont mind the rest of it though.

The reason being for the odd level thing before is the warlord was a combo barb\beurocrat and not good at both.

I dont mind what you have at all but ofcource as I just said it is dangerous and would have to be worse than anything else you can get via the political system.

Also is this a free trade route?

Chris
Chris
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

what do you mean by a free trade route?

I was thinking something like 5 TP per unit with a max of 25 units. That way a 8 person guild could get enough food for themselves but thats it. I can see where this might be dangerous though. Any other ideas for a 4th level or to replace Warlords War Cry skill?
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

Oh I was wondering if that was a free trade route or a trade route they go after when no other is available. Would they get the food/hide trade route in addition to a normal on.

CHris
Chris
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

It counts as one of their trade routes so if they only have sufficient level to have 1 trade route than that is it.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

I was thinking of ideas here like a % increase on their food and hide trade routes.

I keep going back that savage guilds are rules by strength for the most part not by politics so things like splitting allegience is maybe not too helpful.

I dont know though.

still thinking going to work on spells.

Chris
Chris
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

we need to decide on something here--anyone feel strongly about anything?
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

With only hours before we have to push this bok out we are stumped on the warlord

So any ideas are welcome

Chris
Chris
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

ideas

Post by Nelkie »

Chieften - savage

This skill increases your personal allegiance total by 25%, thereby counteracting the savage penalty.

Level 2 - Harden skin- Chieftens are tough

Level 3: Respect of the Tribe
If the chieften is the head of an organization comprised of only characters with the savage lifestyle then the chieften gains a 25% bonus to his total allegience. If not, the chieften gains an additional 25% bonus to their personal allegience if they pledge it to only one organization. (It should be harder for a savage to be politcal than a privledged person)

Level 4: Orginizer
Doubles everyone wilderness survial benifits that follow the Chieftean. This also effects the chieftean.

or Level 4: Fear
By spending 2 life a warlord can do a fear lash. Chiefteans are scary! or has the abilty to do the standad fear effect

or Level 4: Tough
Spend 2 life and resit 1 non magical damaging attack (Crush, vorpal, etc..)

How's that??
My Thoughts

Aaron
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Here's a though I had:

Level 1: Extra Allegiance
Level 2: Combat Reflexes
Level 3: Leadership
Level 4: Resist Mind Effect--spend a life point and resist any of the following effects: Taunt, Fear, Interrogate, or Torture
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I think The first three levels are good as
Level 2 - Harden skin- Chieftens are tough
Level 3: Respect of the Tribe

As for fourth level, I could really get behind The fear lash that Aaron suggested or the Resist Mind effect thing Mike suggested. I think I am leaning towards the resist Mind effect because it fills a hole in the game and would be the only skill based resist of its type.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite