Skill Swap

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Ok, just make sure that info ends up in the book. Someone will ask on it otherwise. Actually, they'll ask regardless but at least it'll be written down.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Sheogorath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sheogorath »

Wait....here's a question: After making the swap and say its some years later and you still have that other path skill and you cannot quite remember where you got it and figured you bought it using 20 points, now say you want to unlearn that because I was told you can unlearn other path skills. Is there like a mark we put by this so we cannot unlearn it and get a free 20 points or can you unlearn it and get those 20 points? Or will it like be put in the character sheet under the main path and not the additional ones to avoid confusion?
I am me, except for when I am not, then I'm not me, I'm him. Then again when I am not me, who is me?
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

It will be listed inside your primary path, plus you will be missing one of your primary path skills. Now all that said and you forget and don't catch it and you make a mistake, and this happens 10 years from now I guess I just wont care.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

So for example, I start my Rogue with Determination From Warrior (I think that skill's gonna be a REALLY common swap) instead of the basic knockout, does that mean that I can never have the basic knockout, or just that I can buy it later for 20 pts?
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

ou would have to buy it for 20 points.
Chris
Gabrial
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gabrial »

I'm sure the answer is yes and I see no reason for it not to be, but....

If a Rogue drops Basic Critical Strike for Sage Basic Research, can they still take Improved/Master Critical Strike when/if they advance to the Advanced/Master Path?
Sometimes you need to see the world in a different way...
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I'm sure the answer is yes too, but I'm also sure that the Rogue couldn't opt to swing "3" even once they learned the advanced skill, unless they paid the 20 points.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Yep you always get all skills that are in a catagory when that catagory is purchased.
Chris