New Armor Rules

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

New Armor Rules

Post by General Maximus »

OK, I want to make sure I understand the rules correctly.

I want to have heavy armor points which giv eme 3 armor points per location and cost 3 upkeep per location.

Now physrep is heavy leahter armor and is judged as medium and gets the 2 free upkeep per location.

The net difference is I will have to pay 1 upkeep per location if I want heavy armor armor points, or pay no upkeep if I want medium armor armor points.

Is this correct?

And is armor judged at the start of every event? And I'm assuming the free upkeep tags will be handed out than? Or will the upkeep requirments be decided, written on a tag, and than rejudged it there is a change to ones actual armor?

And can you not wear any armor and just pay the upkeep costs? I think not, but want to double check.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

You have to wear something that is deemed as armor yes. The rest of it you are correct on as well.

So since the model of heavy armor is the full plate it must be equivalent to full plate in someway to be considered heavy.

That puts Voralin's armor to the medium catagory, but he can call it heavy and pay 1 upkeep per catagory which is what he is paying now anyways so it works out to no net change.

Some armor that was judged as medium will be moved to light, but again this just means they pay 1 upkeep.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

Thank You. I like the system!!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

We might adjust the numbers up by one so that light is 2, medium is 3, and heavy is 4.

Since people can make their armor what they want we need to judge armor more harshly than we did in the past. This means that armor must fit the poster child for that catagory or be down graded.

Heavy=full plate which means you need to wear something equivalant. It does not need to be real full plate, but something similiar in weight, encombrance, etc.

You can see why I moved Voralin's armor to medium. This means those armor's that were judged medium, are they... Well I don't know yet. :)
Chris
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

HAHA i wish i were only paying 1 point per location..lol but now its kinda moot since he's dead (c:

But yes, I think that reward system Is EXACTLY what would be deemed fair and quite beneficial
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

What is the current cost per location? I could look it up just asking if anyone knew off the top of their head.
Chris
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Heavy - 3
Medium - 2
Light - 1
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

According to the 2007 rules (and I dont think it has changed since the beginning) page 66, upkeep for armor is 1 basic per location regardless of the type.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

OH! well heck I need to read more just ignore me
Chris
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

as though we need to be told that.
Travis Cole
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I'm kinda fuzzy on this half deal. If someone is wearing two metal forearm guards, they can still have heavy arms but just need to pay the upkeep? But if they also had two metal shin guards they would get 3 upkeep and be allowed to have both heavy legs and arms?

How much has to cover a location to be considered for that location, is really the question.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Same rules still apply as last time. We have not changed the cover rules.
Chris
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

The bit in bold is new:
to receive free upkeep for the legs or arms, they must be covered by a piece of armor that crosses a joint such as the shoulder, elbow, or knee OR cover at least 50% of the front and back of BOTH limbs.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

The coverage statement is only in reference to upkeep, not actual points. If it is also refering to points then it's written wrong.

So you are always getting some form of free upkeep? Honestly, if you pay the full upkeep and have half coverage, you should get the full points. Seems kinda dumb that you'd have half legs and half arms and it count as full (something). What if you have quality arm armor but not legs? Would you be able to use the quality arms even though part your coverage area is legs? I hated this half bs before as it didn't work well then.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Sheogorath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sheogorath »

So...If I read right say I wear authentic looking light, and then get the 1 free upkeep, since it costs one, is the upkeep for light therefore free?

And the same of medium and heavy?
I am me, except for when I am not, then I'm not me, I'm him. Then again when I am not me, who is me?