Change in Charge Skill Disruption

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Change in Charge Skill Disruption

Post by General Maximus »

last event, a change was put into place that was never posted. Here it is, GM's please correct me if I'm wrong.

Charge skills are only disrupted if you get hit by damage (this includes if your weapon or shield is hit) or by an effect. That means 0 damage does not disrupte a charged skill.
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

Would performing a non-damaging skill like 'heal' on them disrupt them, as you cannot use such a skill on someone who's charging, or would the charge take presidence and pre-emptivly block the heal? Specifically, can I walk up to them, anounce that I'm healing them, immediately break off the heal and have them be disrupted?
GLOMP!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Nothing was put into place.

It is still sitting in the voting section.

It is now beiong discussed in the general discussion. Of the 4 gms who have discussed the change 2 like it 2 disslike it.

The reason for the proposal was that you should not be able to dissupt people with defensive matrix or simpliar skills by wacking them with a sword for 0.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Ohh, Sorry, from what I was told it was going to be a rule change. Sorry about that.

As for healing and such, that would be an effect, so it would disrupt a charge abiality
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I'm still not sure on this idea. I like it and I don't. Sometimes in combat it's hard to hear numbers and a stray hit to a weapon might be hard to hear if it's a number. Plus, we are encouraging calling damage when you know a hit isn't going to connect, which clutters hearing more. However, it is a little cheap the way I disrupt polearms.

Overall, I think I don't like it as it'll cause more confusion in the end. I think... :?
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Right now people call 0. :)

People who cannot swing damage should not be swinging their weapon for all of the reasons you mentioned.

While in Def Mat you should not be able to disrupt people. We can put something in Def Mat, but how do you communicate that to the person with the charge?
Chris
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Discharge.. ewww.

Post by Torakhan »

with my limited understanding and knowledge how about...

"Charge skills are disrupted if you are effected by a call, unless otherwise stated."

So, numbered calls, Sleep, Lash, whatever... if you are effected by it (even having to call "Resist"?) you loose the charge... I think?
That doesn't mean it's the only way to disrupt a charged skill (Hey, Bob.. can you come over here.. oh, you've taken a step, your 30-magic charge is gone), but that's my thought. (Hell, maybe that's how it's already written in the book.)

Okay, that's my 2-cents. Sorry if this wasn't useful.
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

See the thing is you'll always swing a weapon whether you call damage or not. If they have to block you, they aren't attacking (they don't know you can't call damage). I don't call damage unless I know I'm going to hit normally. So for me, I'd have to change to calling damage every swing which just eats up other people's hearing, which sucks. As for calling 0, I rarely do that. Mostly, I just hit the weapon and it's understood that it disrupts. No vocals and the effect is clear. This works pretty well over all.

As for defensive matrix, you could argue the opposite that hitting a charged person _is_ defending yourself, as maybe you are pushing them, etc that can't be represented for real.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Lets ge to the root of the problem.

it is royaly stupid to the insane lavel of stupid when I see warriors stick their back against something and cry invoulnerable.

I am tempted to carry packets a rapid fire 100 damage when I see it.

Sorry that it is 10000000000 against 1 because you do not have the bow skill and you have no empaths and you only swing 1. HA I win because I can stand here all day.

DUMB
Chris
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

No not dumb, smart tatics.

The way around that is taunt, disarm, press, fear, sleep besides the range attacks and swinging 2 damage.

If the monster can only swing 1 damage, than the warrior and a wall is king. But the warrior still can't do anything. Just stand there and watch people die.

What's wrong with that? Are you seeing it happen frequently? Make sure a monster can taunt or press and issue resolved. It would suck to be pressed from you wall into a horde of guys swinging 1 damage.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

No not dumb, smart tatics.

The way around that is taunt, disarm, press, fear, sleep besides the range attacks and swinging 2 damage.
Let us take a moment and look at the political cartoon.

There is an army 1000000000 0 level warriors and rogues strong, but they have to get through a valley where only 1 person can walk through at a time.

The apposing army is made up of 1 level 4 warrior who simply turns on def matrix and stands in the gap.

What tactic does the 100000000 people have? They cannot over run the warrior. They cannot scream SWARM and swing for more damage. The rogues could have used critical strike but that is worthless because the warrior is totally defensive.

Sorry it is dumb
Chris
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

Does press work that way? Can you pull someone with the press skill?

Edit: In that senario the rogues could crit strike 3 him to death. What total defense? Defense matrix would only reduce by one damage. I must not be understanding something.
Knight of the Frozen Way, Sir Andian Eannon
"Law is mind without reason."
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Critical strike is a charged skill that the warrior would swing 0 to disrupt before the rogue could get it off. That's what Chris is saying
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

Gotta. Though if there is truly an army of rogues...swinging 1. Then the 'bodies' in front can take the 0 damages. And the ones in back can pincushion for 3. Though I definitely get where your coming from.
Knight of the Frozen Way, Sir Andian Eannon
"Law is mind without reason."
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

really? because what's dumb is the idea that 10000000 rogues wouldn't just run around the valley and attack him form behind.

That is a silly argument.

You have tons of options if your a rogue. How about 1 rogue swashbuckler?
Travis Cole