Fists

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

Looking at this again, I have to agree. The advantage of the skill would be that you could fight with two fists rather than one. Has anyone tried to fight with one dagger sized weapon? I have. Its difficult to say the least. Yet, somehow with two dagger sized weapons it becomes quite the fight. I've done that as well. So, untrained as a normal attack with a one-handed weapon and skilled would effectively be swashbuckler level two.
Knight of the Frozen Way, Sir Andian Eannon
"Law is mind without reason."
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Except that if you put a shield on, now you have a shield and a fist and can't be disarmed. This will usually beat a single weapon. Plus, a dagger isn't that big of a disadvantage with a shield, depending on how you use it.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

Which is why I suggestion the use of no shield a few posts before.
It would be use only one handed and without being able to use a weapon or shield in the other hand. Meaning the character is concentrating everything they have into trying to do damage with their one hand.
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Which enters the realm of why bother if you have to make a whole rule for something that will most likely never happen.

I still don't like the fact that you can be at sword point, disarmed, have a fist and then beat the tar out of the person. This says there's a lot more than untrained unarmed combat going on. At best case for the fist user, he'll bum rush, and go for a race to zero via machingunning.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

whats wrong with the idea of a fist swing zero and you need to rage, use a hero point, or have a skill that increase the fist damage. It is simple and easy to remeber.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Well, yes, but people want to be able to use a fist as a empath, healer, or sage normally. Rogues can already deal 3, 6, or 9 via critical strike.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

And the rouge can use a fist to deliver the critacal strike, a sage can mimic a required skill, or use a knock skill, an empath can channel a boom through their fist. the only one that get's screwed is the healer. But it's the healer! :D

I see no problem here.
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

What's wrong with a fist only being able to do one damage ever? It seems kind of goofy for everyone except warriors to carry around millions of swords in fear of being disarmed. They still wouldn't be able to block, that's a skill already. And without being able to use a shield. It would atleast be more than just standing there bracing yourself while saying, "Not in the face! Not in the face!"
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

In actuality, I see the only change needed is fists do 0. Everyone can deal damage with a fist but a healer as Nelkie pointed out. Nice. That's was bizarrely insightful. Well done.

As for fists only doing one, this adds a rule. The above way, is only a clarification to the existing set.
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

I see your point, that seems fine. 0 damage, except through skills. Though I think that has already been mentioned in this thread once before.
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

And the old thread from two years ago which is where it came from. :)
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

I remember that thread. I didn't have any problem with it being 0 in that one either.
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity