4th Level Guild Skills

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

4th Level Guild Skills

Post by Nelkie »

I was looking over the guild Skills and 4th level has lost two abilities.

The fear effect & Fury bonus.

The other skills are great for a focused skill guild, but not for a general guild. Do here are some sugesttions for 4th level skills.

1. Harden skin - (2 armor points) as per the 2nd level barb skill
2. Wealth guild - Everyone in the guild gets the resource bonus as per being privelegded. If you are priviledaged all ready, you recieve 3 extra resources.

What do you think??
My Thoughts

Aaron
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

I think there are a couple of really good General Guild skills in 4th level, 4th and 5th level were the hardest decisions for me to make when I was picking our guild skills.

Personally if guild skills are going to be added I would suggest against mimicking anymore path or discipline skills. That's just my opinion though.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
GM_Chris
GM

RE

Post by GM_Chris »

You can always choose multiple second or 3rd level skills and not pick a 4th. :)

-Chris
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

I don't agree

Post by Nelkie »

I have layed out the reasons I believe a general 4th level guild skill is needed. There is some lower guild benifits that could work, but if the guild can afford a 4th level, thanI want a forth level.

All the other levels there is something that can give a useful benifit to everyone in the guild, expect 4th level.

Here is my reseaoning

Spies get a 25% increase in slander. (Only helps 1or no person in the guild)

Free press (I only have seen the orcs use the ability, not very useful or pratical)

Gnaw on bones to discover death of a person (Only useful in a rare instance. Great for one person, not 10)

25% increase in trap damage, must be able to set traps (Only affects a limited number of people in an all purpose guild.)

Spend a life point to resist detect lie (It only good if the skill is ever used. Also we are the guild of light, we do not lie)

Gain tinkering, same as craftsman skill (how useful is it to have 10 tinkers in a guild when 1 or 2 will work)

Gain Ga’vyn regeneration, this ability stacks with all regeneration effects (Nice if there wasn't so many healers around)

Cause fear but takes a 15 count to charge. Can deliver through weapon or packet. (Gone)

Half time to disarm a trap.(Only effects a couple of people)

Battle Fury only costs 1 point instead of 2 (Gone)
My Thoughts

Aaron
GM_Chris
GM

re

Post by GM_Chris »

True but to be honest I dont want super friend guilds I want want specialized guilds. The guild system is designed to cause strife not hapiness.

Basically you can set up mr general guild, but if another sets up a spy guild you might just loose your spy. This is how it should work and infact I am glad to see it is starting to now :)

-Chris
Chris
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I agree with Chris. The idea was that guilds would be specialized. If you want to start up a Super Friends organization you still can, you just have to wait and be a house, or League...a justice League perhaps :)

-WayneO
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Or choose one of the skills that you may not think are super duper cool but can be useful in certain circumstances, Press and Regeneration I'm looking your way. :lol:
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I can see the desire for specialization but the choices are limited even then. Say I'm starting a healers guild, what skill is there for us to pick? Nothing fits that. For warriors, the only option is the press (they could have regen or tinkering but neither makes real good sense). Then you have your thieves with two choices, your spies and assasins with two. And your general savages with two (regen and gnaw). I honestly can't see how tinkering is in anyone's guild since a craftsman guild already has this if they are all craftsmen.

The current ideas are nice but I'm thinking there does need to be some diversity in the choices. Like figure out a list of the specialized guilds you want to see and give each one of them one guild bonus.

As for the gnaw on bones what exactly does discover death of person mean? If they have a big hole through them I don't need gnaw on bones to know they were gored by an elephant. However if you get info about what they saw before they died then what happens if they were unconscious at the time of their death?
Kathryn Skress
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kathryn Skress »

While the original intention may have been for guilds to be specialized, that's not how it's working out in reality. It's working out for a group of people to band together for protection and assisting each other in simple survival. We simply don't have enough players for guilds to work the way you originally intended, therefor guilds have evolved into general guilds and should have suitable powers.

Natalie
Kale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kale »

Or we could recruit more players so we can specialize our guilds ;-)
Pentaguishine
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

yeah but having the npcs outnumber the pcs is kinda fun. :)
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Guild Bonus

Post by Nelkie »

That is fine with guilds being specilized, but put some 4th level bonus that allows for guilds to specilize. The bonus for the 4th level guilds are not that great and I thought it was suppose to be pretty cool to have a 4th level guild ability.

Currently the best 4th level guild bonus is resist detect lie. (in my opinon)

I would suggest taking out tinkering skill because it is not very benifical for an entire guild to have the skill. If a person wants the ability, spend the 20 points.

I agree with natilie is that guilds are not specilized because there is not enough people. I also agree with Brad that we should bring in more people, but it is not easy.

I think a couple new 4th level skills would be nice to replace the lost ones.
My Thoughts

Aaron
GM_Chris
GM

re

Post by GM_Chris »

Well I will definitly look into more 4th level guild skills.

MORE MORE MORE PEOPLE!

If wecan get to between 30-50 we will be in good shape!

Chris
Chris