Change in Charge Skill Disruption

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

The point is the PC's choose not to use tatic's. They can choose to use tatic's, but that means they won;t be the hero.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

Man, that was one of the best laughs I've had in awhile. That the GM's need to have more RP plots, too funny. You can't blame the GM's for PC's shank first ask questions later mentality.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

What's wrong with that mentality? :) They fight back less when they are dead, usually.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

If you think they don't have rp plots, NPC for two hours. Then you'll know all the helpful NPCs and threads that got whackamoled.
Travis Cole
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

General Maximus wrote:Why do you think it is not posible for PC's to work together? It is easy.

Break into teams of 2-3 people. I person calls the shots. The other 2 follow orders. Enimies die, the groups don't. It means no one is a hero, but the group are victorious. People don't need to train together for this to work. People just need to stick together and follow the point person. simple and effective. been doing that for years!
But I belive Julie is talking about working together for a peaceful outcome. Taking Orders in battle is easier than taking orders in a negotiation. "Hey Kidwyn, talk the orc into letting us pass, and Ka, make sure you don't offend him. I'll stand back here and toss compliments while agreeing with him that Elf is tastier than Avyanna"
GLOMP!
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

But that's totally wrong.

Avayana is the best. fried in peanut oil
Travis Cole
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

That again is simple. If people are going to be stupid and put the town in jeoperdy, than they should be put in jail, pay fines, some thing negative happen to them. Until that happen's people are going to be stupid, try to cause trouble, and make it hard. That has nothing to do with NPC's, everything to do with PC. And PC's can choose to do something about it.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

While I've avoided this thread like the plague, after Adam pointed some stuff out to me, I thought I'd put my two cents in as well.

More RPing plots? I have to agree with Erik and laugh about that. Esmerelda goes on strictly RPing plots all the time. There are plenty of opportunities out there. In fact, I'm convinvced that one of the only reasons she survived last game was because of all the RP only plots I've been on and connections that I established in game through said plots. Believe me, they are out there. They may not be as obvious as the go off and kill thing plots, but they really do exist. And nothing is more frustrating when you're going on a RP plot and some idiot fighter you've brought along turns it into a hack and slash. (Which I've seen happen on more than one account, I'm sad to say)

As for adjusting levels of NPC- I too have worked with this GM staff (as a player and as a fellow GM) for well over a decade, and I trust them implicitly to run a great game by providing exciting yet fair encounters for the PCs. The best example I can think to give of them wanting the PCs to survive was when a sadly sorry bunch of sages and their knight decided they were going to be the ones going through the portal to try and rescue Gol.

Hopefully as previously stated this is a new season with a lot of new beginings and we can learn from out mistakes and work together.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I was thinking about this thread and it occurs to me that I must ask the question.

If every plot has mutiple solutions and we stress RP, then how do we at the same time get complaints about too much hack and slash? How do we make the game experience more uniform?

and

Alot of people say that we do not hand out rewards for being "good", though there is true, we have made alot of improvements especialy in the last year. Now you made the comment that you feel it is through your RP that allowed you to live. How do we allow other people to see that they too recieved these type of rewards?

To elaborate, for as long as I can remmber, good actions by PC's caused plots to go away, but we never brought in information to the players to show them how their actions changed the event. This last year we tried some things. For example, We created a plot for a player because he was the only person to help the druids. We looked back through all of our FH events, and every race and person that was ever helped contributed to the battle against the elves. We brought in a scout to give a report of what was happening. I always feel that good actions result in loyalty and help when the chips are down.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

That is so true Chris. The NPC's brought in everyone to help the town that the town has helped in the past. It was getting down right annoying for those on the other side! :D
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

That again is simple. If people are going to be stupid and put the town in jeoperdy, than they should be put in jail, pay fines, some thing negative happen to them. Until that happen's people are going to be stupid, try to cause trouble, and make it hard. That has nothing to do with NPC's, everything to do with PC. And PC's can choose to do something about it.
The problem comes with enforcement. Confronting a person and attempting to deliver punishment not only pisses of that person, but that person's entire faction. That's why law system after law system has been abandoned. A method of enforcement must be put in place before any laws are, and that's just never done.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

It will only take a small group of people willing to do this to make it happen. Kill a couple of the idiots, and kill the folks who wish to take revenge, and the problem is resolved. PC's are afriad to pull the trigger, the small group of people need to be willing to do that. They are law of the old west!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

The largest most organized group wins. The problem has been OOG issues. No one had the balls to put the smack down on a person because they felt bad for their character. It is why someone like Tree man can be run out of town and nearly killed when he flat out tells you that Corbyn and the strong man were working together. :)

No one ever felt bad for tree man. His history was soo rich too!
Chris
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

See, I never realized there were so many roleplaying plots. Maybe it's because I lived in the Inn, which is definitely going to change this upcoming year. I'm getting tired of "No, we need warriors on this quest- you stay here and be a guard."
As for the Sasha plot, I'm sure it was cool for those on it, but personally I hated that plot. I was off minding my own business at the Keep and she comes up out of the ground looking for someone. We tried to figure what she wanted but never found out as she started attacking us. Of course she was apparently immune to damage too, so our only choice was to hide and/or die. It was dumb enough for me to walk away from the whole deal. We tried to help her, and had no intention of battle, yet she brought it to us and practically killed us for it (in fact some of us were in negatives).

I feel absolutely no sympathy for you guys in that situation. When she came to the Inn, it was only Durgan and Voralen. She immediately strode up to Voralen, and struck him. Instead of going into 'kill mode' we asked why she would do such a thing, and she went into her tirade, initiating an awesome half-hour Roleplaying session, wherein we actually got her to see things our way! Sure, we had to bend a knee to her before she would put the sword away and listen to us, but what's a bit of Humility??

After all was said and done, she congradulated us as a PLAYER for being the only ones who wanted to properly play a plot that was never intended to slaughter anyone, just RP.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

So hopefully 1 day, andwho knows when, I will mae it to WH to play my dwarf.

I will stand guard all day. I had alot of fun as a guard when I played once so long ago.
Chris