Change in Charge Skill Disruption

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

what roi said!
gue B
rogue a stands,

rogue B hits warrior in knee for 3.

what's the problem?
Travis Cole
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

I see a warrior being able to defend a door way if only 1 damage monsters are attacking. Is it a litle chessy, yes it is, but there are so many ways around it.

If there is 1 guy with defensive matrix and 3 level rouge's, the rouges will win. The defensive matrix guy cannot defned/hit 3 people attacking at the same time from different angle's. 1 will or 2 will get through.

My question is, when will there ever be a time where there is just 1 damge monsters with no litle extra skills to counter such sillyness.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

You do not have a ton of options.

Look I know Takki hates it when I do this but if you dontbelieve me I will be happy to create a plot where everyone is forced to to play their characters at level 0. I will play a warrior with a key around my neck.

I will stick my back against a wall and tell the entire town you have 5 minutes to get the key or everyone dies.

So in that situation how confident are you that it is just peachy keen balanced?
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Aaron when we see you guys doing that we just change our stats on the fly to get around it. Then we are swinging 2 and people get pissed because the game just got twice as deadly for the rest of the town.

I am actually getting frustrated that people cannot see the enormous problem this is. Maybe I just need to advocate for the skills removal,
Chris
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

all you need to do is have the rogue block the warrior sword arm. It/s not that hard. Even at the one day people did the exact same for me, cuz I was emapth charging.
Travis Cole
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Ok I will run the plot at the next event I am at.

You have to actualy hit me for damage once within 5 mintues or you al die.

By the way it is against the rules to weapon trap so anyone who does it I will just call a game stop and tell people to backup. :)
Chris
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

yes. but it NOT against the rules to block the weapon. So you can ONLY do that IF they PIN the weapon. This will the worlds easisest plot.

okay guys, i'm going to strike him in 3....2..1... the end.
Last edited by cole45 on Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Travis Cole
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

As long as we have an orc, man at arms, a swash buckler, a gernader, an emapth, a couple rouges, elfs, and probably some other disaplines, you are toast.

As soon as you are pressed or taunted from the wall, the people encirlce you and you are dead.

If that does not work, just throw booms or stones at that guy until he is dead.

Or a group of rouges attack at the same time.

Now if we don't have any of these people with us, we should all die!!

I personaly like the idea that you have take an effect or be hit with damage to be disrupted. I really didn't like the idea of some one bumbing me and I lose my charge, I like the idea of some one purposfully doing something to stop me from channeling.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

the act has to be aggressive. it says that in the book under charge effects. bumping by friends does NOT work.
Travis Cole
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I think the problem here is you are looking at it from a PC point of view and I am looking at it from an NPC point of view.

Consider the suggestion off the table.

I am obviously not going to write a plot. i will continue what I have been doing and that is have all our PC's swing 1. Then if we end up with back against the wall then I will change stats and swing 2.

Easy fix and no rule changes.
Chris
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Chris,

When you get into a stituation like this, why don't you use other skills instead of increasing damage. I though that was the purpose of the Press.

I can see how it can dead lock a battle and casue problems. But whyno use all the other skills in the game.

Last event, the NPC's where throwing everything at us, and it was fun. You never knew when a taunt, press, sleep, 15 magic, or some other call was coming. It made everyone feel useful and no one person could be the hero. It forced team work which I like to see.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

I personly don't have a problem if you increase your damge to 2,becasue that tell's me I'm fighting a master warrior and he is raging. Which means he can't use any of his defensive skills. Easy picking than. :D

Chris, do you find alot of people doing the wall thing?
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

man and here i thought backing your enemy into corner so your friends can beat him to death was a tactic.
Travis Cole
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Aaron I have tried the battle goes on for like 5 horus.

Seriously no big deal we will swing 2 until the warrior moves from the wall then go back to 1.

In mas battle situations this wont be an issue I am talking about specifically about cheesey situations. Maybe we will uninterruptably charge and then swing 2 so you still get a bennifit. We willfigure something out that is fair that does not stop a plot.
Chris
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

Seriously, Chris, I can understand and actually like the idea of 0 damage not disrupting charges. Yet, it is highly *this is talking from a little bit of experience. Not wall experience, but playing a warrior and not having anyone in back of me experience.* improbable that that warrior would be invulerable against almost every swing thrown at him. There are ways of getting a defensive matrix person down. And if you have an 'army' it is highly improbable that one person can 'tap' everyones swing at onces.

Though as I said, I do like the 0 damage not disrupting charges possiblity. Even though it means that there are more calls that have to be heard. If I swung for 0 in the past, I've called 0. I never swung and said nothing in this game. And if I really wanted to disrupt someones charge. I was never in defense matrix calling 0, it would be 1. Just makes more sense.

Edit: The idea of "I lifted up your elbow with my sword as you were trying to charge a boom makes you drop it on the floor" or "I slapped you in the face so you stopped concentrating on where best to strike me for the most possible pain." All seem somewhat of cheesy ideas. It would keep people from throwning 0 damage rocks at empaths to keep them from charging.
Knight of the Frozen Way, Sir Andian Eannon
"Law is mind without reason."
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity