List of Suggested Rule Changes

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

yeah that works for me too as long as the player base believes it is easy to remember.

Wayne, I think the chip draws are hard to remember. It would be better if they were 1, 2, and 3 chips respectively.

So if you hang out for 3 minutes you have a 3 in 10 chance, 3 in 9 chance, a 3 in 8 chance. The last chip draw is actually a 37% chance of death.

Which is dramatic and scary.

The the healer skill that lets them heal if they are dead would be a 4 chip draw.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I could go with a 1, 2, 3 chip draw to bring them to -9 with the option to add a chip to bring them to zero.
The the healer skill that lets them heal if they are dead would be a 4 chip draw.
Huh?
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

I kinda like the combination idea, but an example would be great to help me visualize. I like the idea of a point where you don't keep counting negatives, but it's pretty easy to go into double digit negatives with booms and all...

Also, apparently I put some people under the impression that I was threatening to quit if the rules weren't exactly the way I wanted them. This isn't what I was trying to imply, I am just in constant observation of what people get out of the LARP, if that makes any sense. Knowing what people want as a whole helps me shoot for rules in the right direction. I realize that my opinions are taken into consideration and I appreciate that.
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Surgery skill:

"Finally, if the surgeon can reach a target within 15 seconds of that target dying, they can
resuscitate them. The target will be at –15 life points or the total they were at when they died,
whichever is lower. This is true even for those who were given a killing blow."

This would need to be removed or altered.
Chris
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

I understand now. I think this just made negatives very scary and way more deadly.

Before, You can get dropped and still take the damage. Now you get past -10 you can die in 1 hit. That happens quite frequently in combat, especially in mass combat.

I have to think on this

Also, does the team think the healer path can heal a person from -9 to 0 with out using potions or other skills?
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Also, does the team think the healer path can heal a person from -9 to 0 with out using potions or other skills?
I think they should be able to. They cant at the moment.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Wow, one hit at -10 is death? yikes. :shock: I'm not sure on this.

And wouldn't those numbers be 1 in 10, 1 in 9 and 1 in 8 respectively? You don't draw once and put the chip back three times at each level, do you?

Total percent chance of death would be:
(1/10 * 9/9 * 8/8 ) = 10% (red, white, white)
(9/10 * 1/9 * 8/8 ) = 10% (white, red, white)
(9/10 * 8/9 * 1/8 ) = 10% (white, white, red)
adding them = 30%...

ie it doesn't matter how you cut it, total percent is only 10% per chip. Individually, they go higher as you go however.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

you would need to change first aid to heal 10 points for this system to work. I would probably increase the time of first aid though to bring it inline with other 20 point skills. It would also make alot of sence.

That means you can use first aid in say 5 minutes to bring a person to 1. 2 LP per minute.

You can use a potion which would be MUCH quicker.

You can use a combination of potions and first aid

You could use mystic heal\potions\first aid.

Then healing at neg nine becomes a time issue. I would invision master healers working on getting people to neg non and then a first aid person taking over.

I would then like to look at extend life.

This might actually work for me.

As for leathality, let me say it again, we can adjust on the NPC side. Damage calls and monster scariness has always been based on PC population and skill level.

Think to the first event when we are all 0 level. No one died. :)
Chris
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

On a side note: Mediate would have to be repalced or majorly updated. It no longer seems to be level 4 skill if they can die in 1 hit after they gt past -10 life.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Oh grasshopper you need to look past wording and to meaning.

Meditate would need to be reworded to say that you can only die if a killing blow is performed. That is the point of the skill.

I would say that the meditated person can go 3 minutes and then stops. So though you do not die you also do not get a complete get out of jail card either.
Chris
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Well, except that I'm not sure I like npcs outright killing people without some form of forethought.

And no one died but we also had Nelkie organzing a couple of triages that event to maximize the two skills together.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Here is another cause of concern.

It is the tie 9 level 1 healing potions together and proclaim to the dead that they are healed 9.

Does anyone care about this?

1)My thoughts are to either eliminate other type of healing potions if this type of healing becomes the norm.

2) Make sure there is a time associated with drinking a potion. Say 5 seconds per potion? This way you have to drink each potion and read the tag. If a person was at neg none and 16 seconds has passed then the 9 level 1 potion trick would fail 9 *5=45 seconds.
Chris
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I was still thinking the two potion rule but it would be nice to get rid of it. I wouldnt be against drinking a potion in general taking a 15 count.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I've never been a fan of the ripping 9 tags at once thing. I don't care how long the time is, but you need to do more than just proclaim someone healed. I even hate the using a potion without anything in your hand crap (if it's in your pocket, you aren't using it).
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I agree Eric. I think potions should be phys repped. At the very least you need to open the tag and read it. It could be a poison disguised as a cure.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite