List of Suggested Rule Changes

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

Shea Stonebrook wrote:you also can NOT move with a 30...I think it balances it out nicely....it's deadly and takes a full min....hard to hit if your target moves away...you just wasted that time/charge
But the rules say you can drop to a lower channel, so follow them and chuck a 15 from behind, it'll still make a point
GLOMP!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Ovak Stonecrusher wrote:Yes, Wayne's is potentially far more deadly on the PvP side, agreed. However, four PCs did just take out the town using the old least deadly of all system so I'm not sure how much weight to put on that.
Not really fair to compare. That was a year and a half of planning on three of the people, and six years on the other. :) And they missed like 5 or 6.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

I just had a distrubing idea. :twisted:

In Wayne's system (Nothing against you wayne) and how the NPC's could run combat under it, a person just has to fall down and play dead becasue most the NPC's will stop attcking you once you fall down becasue they do not want to kill PC left and right.

After the NPC leave, the faking person gets up and runs away. I have seen this tatic happen. It fails most of the time becasue NPC's still hit downed people. But it works some times. In the new system,, it will could happen very frequently and be very chessy!

How could that be countered with out killing PC's?
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

give all NPC first aid? :)
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

People have pulled a Donovan in game more than you know. It's not that uncommon. Taking a dive to heal later.
Knight of the Frozen Way, Sir Andian Eannon
"Law is mind without reason."
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Well, Aaron, since most monsters swing one or two and people generally don't fall dead until negatives and you won't die on contact until after -10, I imagine the NPCs could still get a good lick or two in while the person is pretending on the ground without risking mass slaughter...
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I do not find it cheesy to play dead
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

Fair enough,

But what about those monsters who swing 5 to 10 crush, the empaths throwing 15 booms, etc...

I see your point, but it is a fine line.

Just throwing out food for thought.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I find it cheesy, if the NPCs aren't going to hit you much. I mean if I'm playing a bear and the person flops over, the bear would know the difference between faking and not (unless we are talking cartoons).
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

which is why I posted at some point in all of this that I would be more afraid of wild animals than the heat of a battle.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

The problem with playing dead is the fact that there is no physical representation of wounds. I could slash someone with a 15 vorpal and see the same effect as if I had missed where as in reality I would be seeing the persons intestines
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Which really comes down to if plot teams want to adjust their tactics and monsters, or continue not caring.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I have to agree with chris. PLaying possum is a time honored tactic that says something about the character doing it.
Travis Cole
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

I can say that my character Ravinal never took a dive. Even though I thought about he tactic, he' never do it. Though, if I couldn't escape with Tullus, I would almost always take a dive playing him in a dangerous situation.
Knight of the Frozen Way, Sir Andian Eannon
"Law is mind without reason."
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I am actually ok with Eric's Idea as well. Basically it boils down to anyone can be healed by anything until -10, then they need a surgeon. I would just like to give the surgeon the first 10 points of healing without a chip draw. So, if a surgeon gets to someone who is -13 to -1 they can do first aid and surgury on them and bring them to zero with no chip draw. If the surgeon is prepared with some potions/other skills/a partner/etc they can bring someone back from -22 without a chip draw, no more no less. Anything after that starts the chip drawing.

The part I dont like is the res. I think the mechanic of them needing to draw the healing chips they didnt already draw is kind of clunky. Something like that is needed though or you get into the point where it is better to just let them die. Maybe we can just add one chip to the draw when a person dies. If they die as the result of a red chip during healing, then they dont get the extra chip when res-ing?

With Eric's system we could also get rid of bleeding to death. You would still count out but after the first minute you would just loose 10 more life. So, every minute just adds to the chip draw.

Hmmm....I dont think I like that Wayne guys healing suggestion anymore :)
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!