List of Suggested Rule Changes

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Maybe we should just remove the ability to use potions while in negatives unless the target has the determination skill.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Donnovan's mystic heal ability was different and not really open to discussion or we need to bring up why Corbyn had what he had.

Everyone earned their "specialness"

In the end Donnovan could not have been all that broken. :)
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

You know I have been thinking about this and healing is fine. I do not care if a person can come back from negative 500. The negative is not the issue since the GM staff has the ability to determine the lethality of the game.

As for leathality, alot of people died in the corbyn attack and did not come back. Infact last count the net amount of PC's who died has remained the same. Bassed on some grumblings of those who died I do not believe they feel the game is not scary.

This game is based on time. You win or loose a fight based on time management. You can have the best healing inthe world, but if you are overrun then you are over run. It actually has a very MMORPG feal. At least the MMORGP's I have played.
Chris
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Again, this doesn't really fix the problem with healing. It patches a broken skill. It's like dumping oil into a car that leaks oil everytime you drive it.

If you fix healing, you never need to look at this issue again since every skill to come must meet some root level requirements which prevent the thing from becoming broken in the first place.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Lay out your healing suggestion again, Eric.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Actually, Donovan's item was the absolute most broken item introduced into game that I've seen. Fortunately, Taki is a good guy and never abused it. It quite literally allowed himself and/or a group of people he was touching to have full life indefinitely (no potions required). The only way to stop it would have been to deal enough damage to Donovan in one hit to kill him.

As for my suggestion let me go dig it out and dust it off again (I'll post it Aaron. :)).
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

I was waiting you to do that!! :D

Your version make more sense than if I tried to do it.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Ok we can coninue talking about it though I really wanted to put it to bed.

can you please compare and contrast Corbyn and Donnovan's items since apparently you know all of th plus and minuses of each item and skill.

We can look at cost to get and the defensive\offensive potential and all that and lets break it down.

Ofcourse if you really want to venture into this publically I bet money Vince will not be happy. Because I would argue if Donnovan was broken, and then was defeated by Corbyn, that would make Corbyn more broken and thus he had no victory he simply toook advantage of a broken skill\item\path\disipline.
Chris
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Abilities available to anyone:
Anyone can heal someone up from -9 or less. This can be done via potions, first aid, mystic heal, etc. Any skill that allows healing in negatives.

Surgery (add in):
A surgeon may heal someone at -10 or more. A chip must be drawn at every -10 divisible mark healed (ie 1 at -10, 2 at -20, 3 at -30, etc).

(wherever resurrection is, I think this is surgery too)
When bringing someone back from the dead, any damage not healed before the ressurection was started converts into an additional chip draw per -10 life (ie total of 3 chips for -10, 4 for -20, etc).

-This increases drama by incorporating the bag into deep negatives (the most horrowing times for me have always been pulling a chip from that damn bag).
-It's simple in that -9 is the cutoff for everyone, except one path.
-It prevents new skills from breaking things since -9 is still the cutoff.
-It allows for a discipline skill that could reduce the chip draw by one.
-It avoids the killing someone in deep negatives so they can be ressurected if you can't heal them (well you can, but it's expensive).
-It makes cutting out hearts and cutting off heads unecessary and allows such things to be treated as OOG type deals (a body is a body, you have it or you don't, cutting off things becomes like ears in Diablo2).
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Good point on the disarm parry thing, any life driven skill that can be parried can end in a word battle, does that mean parry needs to go? I don't think so. If press has always been like that I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up every off season.

I don't really understand how someone can make the assumption that ANYONE else is not acting in character. Uness through some miracle of empathy you know that character someone else made up so intimately that you can accurately predict exactly what they are going to do every time. I don't know about anyone else, but I can't even predict what my best friends will do EVERY time.

People come to the game for varying reasons, some people come to escape the mundane, some people come to be something they can never be in real life, some people come to loose themselves in a different world, some people come to see people they don't often get to hang out with, and some people come for the combat. Some peole actually come for all those reasons, I know it's a hard concept sometimes for some people to understand but the game needs to be fun for a myriad of people.

Look at the LARP like a restaurant menu, you may not like blue cheese on your burger, but are you gonna stop going to the restaurant because they offer blue cheese? You might, but why would you deprive yourself of the american cheese bacon burger you enjoy because other people are enjoying their blue cheese? The restaurant has to have things for alot of different people, if you only have american cheese bacon burgers you aren't going to be around for very long.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Chris, we fixed Donovan's item mid last year and Taki is a good guy and wouldn't abuse it like that. :) Well, fixed in so much that it required a second mystic healer.

As for Vince, I would have told you if I had found something that made him invincible, or able to wipe out a large group without planning. There were a lot of questions asked by myself, Vince and Nelkie on certain things to keep that from happening.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

What if you pull a red chip during healing? I assume you die. If so, can that person be rezed? If so, do they have to heal up all of the damage that remains unhealed? If so, and they draw a red chip again, do they just keep drawing at that point?
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

I think I need to hop on this uber item\hidden uber skills train. :lol:
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Erik, you and me both. :)

Wayne, red chips work exactly as they do now.
during healing, a red chip instantly kills the patient.

If that happened and current rules allow for being rezed, then, yes, damage would be converted to chip draws (obviously chips from healing are returned first as this is now a different process).

If you draw a red chip during rez now, what happens (it actually doesn't say in Mend Vessel)? I'm assuming you are dead dead, no coming back. Any chip draw for negative life when being rezed is exactly the same (basically instead of drawing four for a removed head, you'd draw four for -40).
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Potions and spells that reduce rez chip draw now would then just work the same? I assume so.

So, in your system a surgeon could bring someone back from -19 without a chip draw? 9 from first aid and potions plus 10 from surgery.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite