Regeneration Skill

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

sure. But then it makes endurance awesome!

and what if you are just under? COuld help.
Travis Cole
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

People who have regen still want to goto healers because healers are faster than regen unless they spend points towards it. than I would say they shoyld be equal or a little faster than healers becasue it only works on themssleves. Also, you still need a healer if you go into negatives.

I do not like the idea of healing in neagtives becasue you can not heal while in combat or skills. i think bleeding to death falls into that category. Not to mention, it grant regen to much power. It is healing and first aid wrapped into one. It also adds another rule into the game that is not needed. If you are in negatives, you better have some good potions or a healer friend.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Oh it most definitly should work in negs..well it should at least work in negs if you have meditation.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

I agree with meditation and the combo with regen because mediatation is a 4th level skill.

I don't want regen healing in negatives by itself.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

With regen, you can't be doing anything strenous. I'd say bleeding to death is strenous.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

here is a new concept for regeneration and mediate based on feedback

Regeneration
Heals 1/2 life (round down) per 4 minutes or full life in 8 minutes. Skill can not be used while in combat, doing strenious activities, or using a skills. Can talk and walk while using this skill. combat relflexs can be regained while using this skill. The is skill can be stacked with other regeneration skills. Note: this skill does not heal negative life
Level 1 regen - 4 min to 1/2, 8 min to full
level 2 regen (2 regen skills) - 2 min to 1/2, 4 min to full
level 3 regen ( 3 regen skills) - 1 min to 1/2, 2 min to full

Mediate
Here is the new heal rate with regen skills
Level 1 regen - 5 life every 5 min
Leve 2 regen (2 regen skills) - 1 life every 1 min
Level 3 regen ( 3 regen skills) - 2 life every 1 min
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I feel having to diferent rules is too complicated. We do not need a regen for negative live and one for positive life.
Chris
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

They are 2 different skills. regen and mediate.

Meditate is to powerful to heal 1/2 of your negativ elife in 4 minutes and full life in 8 minutes.

Do you have any ideas Chris?
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

That is a meditate\regen combo.

Meditate only needs to say: regen works if you have meditate.
Chris
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

But that makes meditate way to powerful with the current regen suggestion.

you can have a gavin getting hit by 10 30 booms, use the mediate skill and be back to zero life in 8 minutes. That just seems broken to me. thats why I have a different heal rate for mediatate skill based on what regen level you have.
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

A) I would suggest that in negatives it doesn't heal halfway to 0, but rather heals half your max life. The furthur you drop the longer it takes, but all you need to remeber for a heal rate is how much life you have.

B) to add an anecdotal story, I played a Ga'vin at a WH event where a magic item worked similar to transferance, place 1 lp worth of blood in it and it acts like a cure 1. I'd administer 3 of those to assist the healers and then while the healers were tending the wounded I'd gather arrows, distract monsters, do piddly-s#!t. The cures helped those just in negs to get up, so they could defend themselves without bothering the healers (one of whom was doing a resurrection at the battle)

Also, I never used heal on myself (unless I had an empty slot during a circle), I let the travel times regen me so I could keep up with the fighters who needed the heals more, and didn't stop after every monster to get healed.
GLOMP!