Ga'Vin + Regenerate

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Ga'Vin + Regenerate

Post by NewGuy »

If my math is correct this time (And many of you know it often isn't)

3LP/5minutes (Ga'vin) + 2LP/5minutes (regen) = 5LP/5min

Now my question is were I to be a Ga'Vin with regenerate would I have to regen in increments of 5, or could I get away with a 1LP/min count?

I'd rather not wait 5 minutes for 1 LP, and just spend 4 minutes wasting a healer's time. (4)
GLOMP!
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

If I understand your question correctly your asking if the Barbarian: regeneration 2 for 5 minutes plus the Ga'vin 3 for 5 minutes regeneration gives you 1 life point every 5 minutes? Also if you can change it around to 1 life point per minute?

As far as I've understood regeneration, it will only work in 5 minute increments. And with that combination, it would be 5 life points every 5 minutes, not 1 life point every 5 minutes. The great thing about regeneration is that you'll never need a healer unless your in negatives. And even then, if they can Prolong Life 5 minutes, you'll heal. You don't have to stand still to regenerate. You can do anything just as long as it's not a 'stressful action', such as combat/casting a spell/etc.
Knight of the Frozen Way, Sir Andian Eannon
"Law is mind without reason."
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

the 5 minutes for 1 life point was meant to mean if I were only down by 1 life point, but had skills that I could be using, (repair armor, alchemy, spot, etc.) I'd rather not wait 5 minutes to heal that one life point, otherwise, yes, I do realize it would be 5LP/5min

I was under the impression that you could not regen while in negatives as it currently is written (please correct if wrong). You can extend life 3 minutes + 1 minute for a torniquet, tsunotaur, endurance or form fitting armor. IF you can do this and get you to the 5 minutes, but you need a healer to give up a LP to start extend life, and then someone to stay with you for those 3 minutes. If they leave you, instant death. Unless you are a tsunataur with endurance wearing form fitting armor and you recieve a tourniquet.

I can understand if there are a lot of dead/dying having the healer attend to someone else and let you fix yourself up (or if there just isn't a healer) but it still seems like a huge gamble. If you take any damage during those three minutes, you are disrupted, and you'll drop below what you can recover.
GLOMP!
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

Indeed you'd be disrupted. Then again, there is the monk ability.
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

I'm well aware.

My question is can I heal 1 for one, or am I restricted to 5 for 5?
GLOMP!
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

That would be a yes. Sorry
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

I realize you mean yes to 5/5, but to answer a A or B question with 'yes' actually caused me to laugh.
GLOMP!
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

Actually part of my plan...anyway. You have the right idea. 5/5 :)
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

Was Slisk a monk?
GLOMP!
marduk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by marduk »

I believe there was a post stating thus.
marduk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by marduk »

Slisk wrote:I played a 4th-level monk until recently, and it was freakin' awesome! I felt downright immortal pretty much the whole time. Can't tell you how many times I was downed with massive damage, and the healers, busy trying to save the lives of others, would just say "Oh! It's Slisk! Don't worry about him, he'll be fine on his own and up in a moment."
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

[sarcasm]my applogies for not searching the entire board before asking a question, please be lenient in your punishment [/sarcasm]
GLOMP!
marduk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by marduk »

wow. I thought you may have been glad that I found a definitive answer rather than appearing to pull information out of my ass.
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

your first post was sufficient for me, I didn't require proof. Giving me proof maid me feel as if your perception of me was that without proof I'd not believe you, and as such consider you a liar, charlatan, theif, and general poopie-head.

translation =aka= thanks
GLOMP!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

No, we did not want this to really be a combat skill
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them