Skill IG effects?

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

GM_Chris wrote:Really? Reid I thought you took physics, Biology, and math. All things that difine the order of the natural world.
Yes I did.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

I think (Correct me if I am wrong here) that Reid's dissent is actually with how the information is presented, not the fact that it exists.

Just my opinion, but it would actually be nice to see it as it's own PDF, Post or Text file rather than being tacked onto the world book, considering that, in a way, it's more framework than narrative. The world book is more a historical presentation than a metaphysical one.

Ala "How Things Work in Phanterra."
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

So... basically... the way that magic works in the world shouldn't be in the world book. o_O
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I can actually understand that. If its in the world book it seems more "IN-Character" instead of "Out of Character" as intended. Maybe it needs to go back into the core rule-book?
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

core rule book, maybe under the "alchemist and arcane section" with a clear not that it does not really affect roleplay.
Travis Cole
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

I think it should just be in the GM book. That way the players don't really have to think about it. We're the only ones who really need to know how it works. I know what you're thinking. Do we really want to add more pages to the GM book? It's so long already but we should consider it :wink:
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

I found it helpful when thinking about researching new spells and potions and the like.
Sheogorath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sheogorath »

It gives a good basis on where to start Role playing and how one could change it to make their Role playing better. And I like the wide range of different types of roleplaying people come up with.
I am me, except for when I am not, then I'm not me, I'm him. Then again when I am not me, who is me?
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

[quote="NewGuy] Then why can't my character consider all magic to be a manipulation of essence? That is kinda what sparked this whole meta-physics vs. freedom to roleplay debate.[/quote]

*feels ignored and cries* :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
GLOMP!
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Your character could, they would just be wrong
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!