Mass Heal

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

Peace420 wrote:I have no problem with a master at something being able to do it 3x as well as a neophyte.
Yes, but if they've become so efficient, and are then only working on 1 person (basic heal) shouldn't their efficience come into effect then? If they can heal three people in 4 minutes, why does it still take 4 minutes to heal one person?

[If it takes 13 chickens 13 days to hatch 13 eggs, how long does it take 1 chicken to hatch 1 egg? 13 days]

That's my counter-argument for any who want to use it against me
GLOMP!
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

Here my response. Why would you want to remove power from a skill if it has not casued any rule break issue's becasue you cannot come up with a feasible RP reason why it happens? It works and it is the most used master healer skill in game. Adding more time to it, will just cause people to wait around more and adds nothing to the game. So instead of being able to repop people in 10 minutes, it would take 15. Right now, 4 minutes in combat is forever, and increaseing the time makes it worse.

Tell me 1 good mechainc reason why the skill needs to be changed?

You can RP the skill any way you want, just think of a way you are comfortable with.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Tell me 1 good mechainc reason why the skill needs to be changed?

because mass heal totally negates heal. no other skill in the game does that.
Travis Cole
Sheogorath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sheogorath »

I agree with Travis, the time should be changed or it should be more of an add-on type of skill like I had suggested before.
I am me, except for when I am not, then I'm not me, I'm him. Then again when I am not me, who is me?
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

If they can heal three people in 4 minutes, why does it still take 4 minutes to heal one person?
Maybe thats the fastest the magic can make a persons body repair itself? Maybe it has naught to do with the healers except that instead of only being able to heal one he can heal 3.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I wouldnt be oppsed to lowering the heal time to 2 minutes and then keep mass heel at 4. That way you get a bonus person for doing mass heal but you have the strategic choice of healing on person in half the time.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Why add complication to the system? everyone knows it take 2 minutes for a healer to heal up to half life and another 2 for full health.

Now change mass heal to a varable number, you get questions of how much time.

The difference between heal and mass heal is simple, the number of people you can heal at one time. Getting the ablity to heal more people at one time is shows how good a healer can heal.

Yes it make sense to be able to heal 1 person faster if you use mass heal on them, but again that adds complication for complication sake. It adds nothing to the game! What benifit is there to add more rules to the book on healing?

From pervious posts by some GM's they want to simplfy the rules, and this is going to opposite direction.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

GREAT Point lets do the same for every single other skill with different number

repair armor, channel, and critical strike.

Hmm mimic has a different time on it too. Oh and disease and posion cure is different too than all the rest.

Lets make them all the same times!

ARG!
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

you could simply call it advanced heal as opposed to mass heal; and state the healer can heal three in the standard time or one in half the time. That way the basic path skill isnt changed, but the master skill shows true mastery.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

then you still have the problem of replacement. it still outright rplaces the skill. All the other ones stack. All the stacking ones increase time. This one should too.
Travis Cole
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Here is the stack

basic heal does as it does today

master healing heals upto 3 people at once (normal time)

If you have basic heal and mster heal you can heal 1 person in half the time.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

General Maximus wrote:Here is the stack

basic heal does as it does today

master healing heals upto 3 people at once (normal time)

If you have basic heal and mster heal you can heal 1 person in half the time.
your trying to argue that changing the times makes confusion, and now you want add an entirely NEW stacking mechanic? But increased time already exists?
Travis Cole
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

I personaly think the skills are fine, but if a change needs to happen I would preferr to see the basic heal stay the same and change mass heal to Wayne's idea. Normal heal time when mass healing and 1/2 the time for single heal.

Note: This gets 2 people healed quicker and get out to battle faster than before. Mass heal would only be useful if you are healing 3 people.

Letting 1/2 heal time for basic heal seems a little over powered for a basic level heal skill (40 points to get). It should be a master healer function.

Now the question is, will magic items, spells, potions, commidity itmes be allowed in game to cut healing time down again?

let say I'm a master healer under the new mass heal discription and have an item which reduces healing time by half again. Now the healer has the sages augment to cut his time down some more. The healer could heal a person to full in 50sec. That is 4 1/2 people in the time it would take simple mass heal on 3 people.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I think the easiest thing would be mass heal taking 6 minutes, or 5 minutes + 1 minute per pserson.

Current time stacks simply add time to increase the effect.

So, if we add a minute per person then we get the same effect.
Travis Cole
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Ok,

Than what would you give to Healer for nerfing their bread and butter skill?

Also, this just adds more sit around time for the players for what benifit? 4 minutes is a long time, adding more time just makes it worse.