Rule changes and clarifications

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

Here are a couple rule additions and clarification I would like to be discussed and maybe added to the rule book

1.Does all magical charge up skills (Magic root, booms, magic sleep) requires to have the packet over there head when charging and when done charging? Or is it only booms?

2.Fix the negative issue. It should be hard to come back from -50 or even -100. In the current rules there is no risk and it can be done easly. See suggestion below to fix problem

a.Anyone can heal negatives 1-9. Must have a surgeon present to heal negatives -10 and higher. Must draw a chip from the surgeons bag every -10 a person is into negatives. It is a cumlitive draw just like surgery

b.When bring a person back from the dead, the negative chip draws get added into the total chip draws to bring the person bag from the dead. Aka, a person dies at -25. The person must draw a total of 4 chips from the bag. 2 from being resurrected, 2 from being so far into the negative (1 chip at -10 and another chip at -20)

3.A body must be healed to zero before it can be brought back to life

4.Would like to see the time to use the mimic skill drop from 15 minutes to 10 or 5 minutes to make it more veristile.

5.Since armor is a pain to remove and put on, even if it is fake, I would like to remove the removing of armor rule. Instead, the bonus for wearing real armor would it take ½ time to repair.

6.If you wear real armor, you can go up one armor category and have it be considered fake. Real leather and chain mail is considered medium armor, one can advance it up to the heavy armor category, but the person armor would be considered fake.

5. Helmets. I would like to see helmets follow the armor category rules again. It is my understanding if you place a real metal helmet on that is considered heavy, your armor category is heavy. So there are 2 things determining ones armor category right now, your helmet and than how many armor points your total suit is. This makes no sense to me.

To determine ones armor category, you would add all the armor points ones armor grants (this does not include quality bonus). See the chart below for which armor category your suit of armor is classified as
1-4 points light
5-7 points medium
8-10 points heavy

Helmet rules
All helmets must cover 50% of the head to count as a helmet. Please remove face coverage because of safety issue, vision problem, etc.. A helmet is more than just a hat, it needs additional back of the head and some neck coverage to count as a helmet. Quality helmets can be made that grant additional armor points.

Fake Helmets - fake helmets (latex, padded cloth, etc..) Note: a head band or du rag does not count as a helmet. Note: If the helmet does not cover 50% of the head (but at least 25%), but is made from real materials (leather, chain, metal) the helmet would be considered fake. Aka, the leather and chain head bands would grant 1 armor point.

1 armor point

Real leather helmets – must be made from leather or like materials
1 armor point and 1 combat reflex

Real steel helmets – must be made form metal or bone (Chain mail coff would count as heavy)
1 armor point and 1 life

Yes, this means a person could be running around in real helmet that gives them 3 soak, but ask anyone that wears helmets how uncomfortable they are and how their neck start to hurt after some time.

With these changes the max armor soak a suit can give would be in the current rules
Light – 1-9 (+1 armor per location do to quality and a real helmet bonus)
Medium – 5-12 (+1 armor per location do to quality and a real helmet bonus)
Heavy – 8-15 (+1 armor per location do to quality and a real helmet bonus)
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

All references to gems should be changed to mystic components.

2. Spell books,potions books and craftman blueprints must have a GM signed TAG.

3. Potions must have a minimum sized physrep. (or limut the # one can carry.)

4. arcanes an armor: yes or no.
Travis Cole
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

Along the line of potions, one should have to have the potion physrep in hand when they are drinking a potion. No physrep, no potion.
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Potions cannot be carried while in the brewing stage <or> Any aggressive action against a person carrying the brewing potions disrupts the process.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I'm with that. Last event I ate six tags. That's just gross.
Travis Cole
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

All armor, including the special armor's must be physrepped. We had a bit of an issue of people properly physrepping their armor so NEED to make sure that is clarified.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

A helmet is more than just a hat, it needs additional back of the head and some neck coverage to count as a helmet. Quality helmets can be made that grant additional armor points.

This I completely disagree with, there are lots, probably more styles than do, of historical helmets that don't have any neck coverage.

Along the line of potions, one should have to have the potion physrep in hand when they are drinking a potion. No physrep, no potion.

Add or tag in there and I'm good with that. Transformations you have to read the tag so if you have the tag that should be sufficient.

As far as potion limits, is there a max # of spells an arcane can have? Is there a max# of components, not mystic resources, that anyone can carry?
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I'm not talking about limiting the number of recipes, I'm talking about limiting the number of made potions. (and this only if that is better than a minimum sized potion physrep.)
Travis Cole
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

To be honest I am fine with potion stock piling.
Chris
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I personally would like to see everything a person carries to have to be phys-repped but I know I am in the minority on that one.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

I actually would be fine with that if the phys reps were supplied by the game.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Peace420 wrote:I actually would be fine with that if the phys reps were supplied by the game.
I would be fine with that if people paid $50 - $80 for a weekend :)
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Lambic
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Lambic »

Well here I think is the problem.

Potion phys-reps are great but cost $. I went through a bunch of hassle, phys-reped all of my potion with liquid, in a vial (not-glass and safe), color coded with drinkable liquid in them. If anyone cared that I spent between $30-$50 on that and a bunch of my personal time, no one said anything.

I then realized that I wouldn't really use many potions myself, so I carried 6ish phys-reps with tags and a few extra tags which I would swap into a phys-rep when used or handed out. It worked pretty well for me. All of this I carried in my shoulder bag, that could if need be be filled with more than the number of phys-reped potions (if I had that many phys-reps) that I had tags for.

I know that there are players out there who will carry more more than 1 or 2 potions in their pockets and carry no bags of any sort. I think this is what people are trying to get away from.

But I gotta agree with Erik that the answer isn't requiring phys-reps. Are the GM/NPCs going to start checking everyones phys-reps before game on? They don't check where the potion that some just took in the middle of battle came from. Or whether the tag is right. They shouldn't. That's micromanaging. I also have a feeling that the only people who will pay attention are the ones who are already not bending the rules. So you're only punishing the people who are playing by the meaning of the rules and not by the letter of them.

Same really goes with the hats instead of helms and to some extent the weapons.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Potions should be physrepped for obvious reasons, but perhaps alchemy is just a flawed system all together.

Maybe we should just model it after arcane, but call it alchemy and keep everything the same. So basically there are no potions an alchemist "brews" one when it is needed so all the times would be shorter just like arcane. Then ofcourse no physrep bottle is needed.
Chris
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

Then the administer skill would have to be changed as well. I feel your saying that the potions would be an immediate skill that the alchemists themselves would administer, such as in LotR when Strider administers a quick minor cure to Frodo.

I have mixed feelings about making the skill that way. I like it, because it makes it immediately available. Yet, it also makes it so a lot of the current system has to change more than just the alchemy discipline itself.
Last edited by Andian on Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knight of the Frozen Way, Sir Andian Eannon
"Law is mind without reason."
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity