Mass Heal

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Mass Heal

Post by NewGuy »

Could a mass heal be continously performed in something of a revolving door manner?

Example:
Healer begins mass heal on one target
A second target is brought in after 1:00
1:00 later the first target is brought to half, and a third character is
brought in
in another minute the second target is brought to half
in another minute the first target is at full and leaves, the third is brought
to half

I guess the simpler question would be, Does adding people to a healing circle disrupt the healer/restart the count?
GLOMP!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

It would restart the count because it is a charged skill.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

Another question has arisen for me in light of the meta'physics I've recently learned of.

To simulateously heal three people in the amount of time it takes to heal one works well if you RP a 'magical' form of healing. I RPed a physical form of healing as a basic healer, but couldn't justify to myself bandaging, wrapping, setting, splinting, etc. three people as efficiently as focusing on one person. Similarly, spending the same amount of time on one person.

I realize the bonus to Mass Heal over the basic heal skill is that you can heal up to three people, but it then completely removes heal from your skills so to speak.

To get to my points:

A) can anyone give me personal input as to how you (or someone else that isn't here to speak up) RPed Mass Heal in a non-magical way?

B) Am I the only one that sees replacing a basic skill with a master one as an issue worth mentioning? (as opposed to crit strike/knock out/combat reflexes etc. from other paths that stack)

C) Would anyone like to see a change (not that I have ANY authority to bring one about mind you) to the basic heal skill once Mass Heal is obtained, such as a time reduction, or an added ability, such being able to heal someone using a skill?

D) Would you rather see an increased time for Mass Heal, so that it still has a benefit if there are multiple needing healing, but still makes the basic heal more effective for a single target?

E) Should I just shut up and stop bring up dumb stuff on the boards?
GLOMP!
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

Answers

a) mass heal can mean your more efficent and better at healing than a basic healer. That means you can heal up to 3 people at time instead of just 1 person as a basic healer. You can RP any way you want. You use potions ot heal, magic, you just mover very fast, you merge withthe people and speed up there healing ability, etc..

For the rest of your question, if it is not broken, don't fix it. I see no problem with the way the skill currently work. Adding time reduction and bonus just adds complication to the rules with very little to no benifit to the game.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I have already proposed that mass heal take longer than single heal because skills should not overwrite each other.
Chris
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

E) As has been said, it's good to bring up new ideas to the board. It creates conversation, where most of us roam the boards in order to interact in some manner. Though if no one says anything, then that's usually because we are thinking about saying something somewhere else on the forum. Not that we have ignored a new post.
Knight of the Frozen Way, Sir Andian Eannon
"Law is mind without reason."
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Green elephants fly in the north.
Chris
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

The different times adds more confusion as theres more to remember. I have no problem with a master at something being able to do it 3x as well as a neophyte. Could there be a difference? Logically should there be a difference? Maybe. But I don't think the difference would be worth making a change.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

And the man stands in the corner. ;)
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
marduk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by marduk »

GM_Chris wrote:Green elephants fly in the north.
???
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I just do not like it because it is the same.

Channel times go up as damage goes up. Critical strike goes up in time as damage goes up. Mass heal should be the same way.

I am not saying it should take 3 times as long, but if there is a time difference then it creates strategy. DO I mass heal or do I single heal. Makes the skills more situational.

Not saying it will change. I have simply put it into the mix of suggestions.
Chris
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

I see what your saying, make it an advantage to use Prolong life and Heal; rather than just Mass Heal. If it takes awhile for Mass Heal to finish and you can get one person up to full health to fight while you can heal the others slower with the Mass Heal.

There is one problem I've seen in game play with that situation. It turns into a one loop cycle. It's already a continuous cycle of heal, then send them in. Yet with this idea of using Prolong life and Heal, because it'd get one person up faster. It has more of a possiblity to have the enemy over run the healer. Which happens often enough anyway.

Indeed it has the possiblity of healing strategy and triage, yet there is already a lot of stress on the healers as it is during battles. Making them Mass Heal without the use of Mass Heal *in a sense* would make a healers job a lot more stressful. Atleast that's how I feel. I see the strat possiblities, but I also see the problems with it.
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
Sheogorath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sheogorath »

Maybe make mass heal have a base 4 minute plus an additional 1 minute or 30 seconds for each extra person with no limit on the number you can heal...

That way it is like a add on to Healing rather than a replacement.

Even so the I agree with changing the time for mass heal, because In game it would make more sense because if you are healing more than one person it should still take longer...
I am me, except for when I am not, then I'm not me, I'm him. Then again when I am not me, who is me?
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

I can see the argument, but like I said before, why fix something that is not broken.

The idea of Sheagorath has some possiblities though.
Peace420
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Peace420 »

The 4+ add on time actually makes alot of sense, logically and mechanically.
Death=Adder

One of these days...I'm going to cut you into little pieces...

~Pink Floyd~