resources

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

marduk
Town Member
Town Member

resources

Post by marduk »

2 question in one post:

1) I feel lame, but can't find where it says how many resources you can hold without a container.

2) Can resources be found/ gathered in game. Ex: I want to spend game to go foraging or whatever for a food tag. Does it work like that?
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

1) its 3 (6 with a backpack)

2) that varies by GM plot, but in general, not without a skill to do so.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
marduk
Town Member
Town Member

a follow-up

Post by marduk »

Okay, heres a further clarification:

Is there a way to have a backpack with your starting equipment? What does it cost?
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

a backpack can be made by any character.

any bag big enough counts.
Travis Cole
marduk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by marduk »

thanks
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

Is the amount of mystic resources limited with how many food/cloth/hide/iron/supply resources one can carry?
Knight of the Frozen Way, Sir Andian Eannon
"Law is mind without reason."
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

yes.

mystic

as well as commodities are resources.
Travis Cole
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

The reason for my question on amount carried is because the phys-rep for mystic are usually little crystals. I'm not try to get away with something or go around the rules. I just wanted a clarification. Thank you for the notice.
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

don't mistake Mystic, for magic components. Magic components are the little crystals, and yes you can carry as many as you want. (same is true of upkeep) Full blown mystic however...
Travis Cole
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

So in carrying craftware items we have hide resources, supply resources, food resources, iron resources, mythril resources, silver resources, mystic resources, magic components, magic upkeep, commodities, and weapon/armor upkeep. I'm sure I missed something. And having been confused about it myself, I'm sure others could get confused between mystic resources and magic components. Especially those who don't use them often.
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

As for the clarification on magic components...they have to be tags now, right? Or are they still allowed to be those little crystals. I'd like to know for clarification purposes and for consistency. Last I heard they were supposed to be in tag form.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

We will make an official anouncement on that before the season starts. I personally want to get away from tags as much as possible and would like to go to crystals but nothing official has been decided
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Torakhan »

WayneO42 wrote:We will make an official anouncement on that before the season starts. I personally want to get away from tags as much as possible and would like to go to crystals but nothing official has been decided
I'd suggest keeping the tags as long as tags for items is still important.
Having some in game items tagged and others not is only going to create more confusion.
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Torakhan wrote:I'd suggest keeping the tags as long as tags for items is still important. Having some in game items tagged and others not is only going to create more confusion.
If we had coins, would we need to tag them?
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Resources... Crystals and Tags

Post by Torakhan »

WayneO42 wrote:
Torakhan wrote:I'd suggest keeping the tags as long as tags for items is still important. Having some in game items tagged and others not is only going to create more confusion.
If we had coins, would we need to tag them?
Good question.
Does a sword need a tag?

The "Coins" do not phys-rep anything but the metal coins that they are.
Mystic has in-game mechanics with rules.
Now, if Coins have a mechanic to them (You may use this coin to X, or Y with the use of A or B, etc.) then they become more than just the physical item that they are. Mystic crystals have mechanics and represent items beyond what they actually are (they are the broken components of Mystic resources too. How are you going to break paper into crystals?)

But if you think that a physical crystal is enough to represent a mystic component (or resource), then why can't a sword be tagless too? It can be used and broken just as a crystal could be that is not tagged.

When I steal someone's sword, I need to get the tag. When I find someone's sword tag on the ground, I've found the sword In Game and simply need to find the phys-rep, correct?

I agree. We shouldn't need separate tags for things. If I have the phys-rep, that should be good enough. I shouldn't need a/the tag. But right now the rules are based around tagged items. Tags are more important than phys-reps for mechanics reasons. By having different rules for different things (this is an in-game item that does not need a tag. What else doesn't need tags? What does?) creates difficulties when it comes to the rules and players understanding what is needed and required is all.

I'm all for the crystals being good enough without tags. I just want that followed through through the rest of the mechanics.
... then we get back into the need to phys-rep all resources, attaching the tags to all weapons/shields/armor/items (maybe normal swords do not need to be tagged when they are being phys-repped unless they have a quality that is not "normal"?)... etc. etc. etc. -- not that I have any problem with this scenario either.

*edit #3 If this needs to go private, or to another thread, that's fine too... I didn't mean for this to get so wordy.
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer