Scout Discipline

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

marduk
Town Member
Town Member

Scout Discipline

Post by marduk »

Not a rule question, but a thematic question:

Why is there a "woodsy" discipline in common, yet none in Savage? I understand the point of allowing common to have acess to many more disciplines than Savage and Priv, but...it just makes sense to me that there be one. I know that Druid has Scout at level 1, and Beast Hunter has Wilderness Survival, which are both reflective of Woddsyness. However, the Scout discipline is so much more adept at with the combo of Haven, flee, and such.

Just wondering. It makes a "ranger" better in the wilderness than a "savage" which seems odd to me. I'm not saying that every savage would automatically trump every scout, but if they wanted to study it, I think they should be able to catch up. I've rambled too long and haven't really made my point.

Thanks
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

points to DRUID
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
marduk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by marduk »

ok. Druid has scout and a bunch of magic-y abilities, but I still think the common scout looks better in the wild
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Yeah that was brought up a couple of off seasons ago and the Tribal Protector was added to savage. I'm not sure why scout wasn't added to savage but I'm sure the GM's discussed it because that was the exact same reasoning then, that the best people in the woods were common and not savage.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!