Arcanes and Armor

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malphus »

I just wanted to issue an apology. I don't want to be perceived as a power-gamer. Those of you who know me, know that is not the case. I just got started down a rabbit trail. My thought process went like this...( and if you want to reply to the part, please START ANOTHER THREAD

Valkin'vi doesn't have armor restriction for his K-O. Hey Rogue is limited to Med Armor with his K-O. WTF? That makes the Boon version...hey Sage doesn't have armor restriction for Waylay. That means a Valk Sage could have 3 K-O in heavy armor...
Does Aracne have an armor restriction....

So I asked the question. Now that I look at it, it does seem very powergamed at the heart of it. Really wasn't the intention. It all started with all the Sage talk and how "weak" they were because they had to walk to NPC camp (see other thread). I was looking over the "pros" of sage, because I was thinking of playing malphus again. I am also making heavy armor because, well, it sjust time for me to do it. Malphus may or may not be an Arcane as well. I was wondering if all those things were congruent. For now, apparently they are. I didn't realize there was such a controversy surrounding the whole Acane/ Armor debate. Really wasn't trying to knock down the hornet's nest.

Steve the Misunderstood.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

There is no controversy.

Seriously I dont care.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malphus »

Chris,

your point has been clearly made. YOU don't care. However, SOMEONE must care or there wouldn't be 5 pages of posts about the topic. It's not nearly as exciting as the Helmet thread.

LOL

Steve
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

I don't think we currently have any Arcanes that wear heavy armor, and if you do, I apologize for overlooking you.

But that being said, if it's a mistake, it's easy to fix with minimum fuss...put it in the rule update section and make sure it gets in the rulebook for next year. :)
Mike: For the majority of you, choosing to use a packet instead of a weapon is a hindrance because your aims suck.

Travis: Crap he is on to me.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I just wish Arcanes could've worn heavy armor like 3 or 4 years ago. Ka would've had a much easier time after the silly fire elemental exploded... :)

As per your request my dear lady, I will refrain from posting my thoughs on how alchemy is over powered as well... :p
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.