TAUNT

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

TAUNT

Post by NewGuy »

Does the taunt skill require a melee contact, or can it be issued by way of a spell pack, or simply verbally. It would make most sense to me to be of the latter two, as you don't need to be directly next to someone to taunt them.

I can easily see someone sending a jeering comment across the room that would cause the recipient to walk across said room just to confront them.
Malphus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malphus »

By the same notion, the comment from across the room could easily be waved off, whereas the proverbial "slap in the face" is impossible to ignore.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

taunt must be delivered with a packet or weapon.
Travis Cole
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Remember taunt does not mean your oppenent has to enter melee combat with you. He or she just can't attack anyone else. Taunt does not mean your opponent has to act foolishly.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

Travis saying that it CAN be delivered by packet answered my question, and made me very happy. I realize they don't have to enter melee with me, but when performing such duties as "protect the healer" it's nice to know I don't have to run right up to the whatever in order to draw its attention to me
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

If you plan on delivering the taunt and then running away to "Draw Off" the attacker, get good at running backwards:
The target must direct all actions towards the Swashbuckler until the target is struck by another character (Damage does not have to be dealt), the Swashbuckler dies, the Swashbuckler turns their back, or the Swashbuckler leaves the line of sight of the target.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

I didn't plan to run, period. I planned to draw them away from the healer from a ranged distance. Then they are left with the options of standing there glaring at me until they are released from their taunt, and resuming their assault on the healer, OR if they come towards me, fighters will be able to move into the opening between them and the healers, and start attacking.

It's meant to be a tactic in protecting those who keep us alive.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Sounds pretty much like we use it now and it works well, assuming you have someone directing people.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.