Political System and Check Out

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

GM_Chris
GM

Political System and Check Out

Post by GM_Chris »

We have several people working on this, but need feedback fromthe rest of you.

The vision for this system was to for a person to take about 30 seconds filling out a checkout form without help from some other person. If you are leader of a guild or if you have some special stuff then MAYBE up to 5 minutes, but again without help from other people.

This is apparenly NOT how checkout goes so please post what you see as the biggest bottle neck.

Why should it take so little time? Well I would have hoped that through RP everyone would know who they are supporting. Currently we have 2 camps. We have woodhold (elder) and we have the Town (Atrum) Seems simply to me that you support 1 or the other unless you have a smaller group that you are working with like say an adventuring company and you want to support that. In either case you should know who it is well before you pick up a piece of paper.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Really? I find, even as a guildhead that the support stuff doesn't take that long to fill out. Research, however is another matter... :D Sometimes it is diffiuclt with people leaving at all different hours of the game to get resources to people, but if we actually planned ahead to do it instead of waiting until the last moment, that would be taken care of. The one glitch I know we ran into this event was that we were missing some of our normal people and had to shuffle around to get the right amount of bodies in the differnt RGOs to supprt what trade routes we had. But that really only took Vince and I a couple minutes to figure out. That's probably the biggest slowdown- you have to have x amount of people to supprt y amount of trade routes and if you have multiple guilds and an ever shifting player population, it can get a little harry making sure every guild is covered so you don't lose said trade routes from a lack of people in the RGO.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Zaire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zaire »

So let me get this clarified.

If a player doesn't show up to an event, then their character can't be used to tend to a trade route or what have you?

Can't they be assumed to still be doing what they were the previous event?

I mean I can understand some problems in the long run with this. After all say a person only attends one event per year it would be kind of cheesy to use them as support.

But maybe some system of allowing a person who did not attend to remain in their last location for one event before they return to a "neutral" location.

Or we could just have their character killed off and that will teach them for not showing up for an event and making more bookkeeping for the guild leaders. Muhauahauah
To avoid the confusion you may call me....

Stark
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Ive always felt the guild.house/thane system was set up in such a way that if I play a PC at an event, and not the next one, two, or three; then a fair way to handle it is to apply my support in the same ammount to the same person UNLESS I show up and play a different PC (same or different)

Hell even counting that player/PC for membership and giving HALF their support points till they show up again seems fair. Id however not carry that for more than a year/4 total events from one chapter. Thus if my wife says I can only attend one event a year I can still affect the success of the PC i give my support to.

I hope that made sense cause im whooped and not sure.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Well actually the higher level organizations take several events to fall apart and guilds take 2 events to fall apart.

What does this mean? Well lets say it takes 6 people to keep a guild running. You would only need those 6 people every other event or twice a year. This was put in place for those people who do not attend every event, but I do not believe that buffer is utilized because people can be shuffled around.

We are already looking at various solutions I just want feedback from other people.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

oh, we use it, believe me! It just seems to happen that we can't get the same 6 people together for every other event. I had to have 6 this last event because I used my 5 people pass the event before. It's difficult because it always seems like there's always at least one person missing, so you almost need an extra person to keep things going. But then, trying to sway people to support you is half the fun of the potitical system! Not to mention things can get pretty interesting when people don't support who they say they're going to.... But that's a different can of worms entirely!
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Slisk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Slisk »

IMHO I do think it's cheesy to allow someone who doesn't attend to still grant support. Heck, I don't like how people can attend for just a few hours and still give full support. I think partial attendance should yeild partial IBE contribution. So I guess my feelings represent the other end of the spectrum here. :P
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Actually, Doug, I couldn't agree with you more.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,