Regen Clarification

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

marduk
Town Member
Town Member

Regen Clarification

Post by marduk »

Regeneration: Does this work at zero life? It is moot whether is works at negatives because you would be dead before 5 minutes. I just wondered if you were at zero whether it functions or not.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

yep..combo with monk :)
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

This needs to be noted in the skill that it works while incapacitated.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

It doesnt unless you have the monk meditate skill. I think thats what Chris was saying
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

ah, gotcha. In that case, all is good. Though maybe noting that monk can use this skill (meditate) while in negatives might be nice.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

I have a question.

Something like this...can it not be on line in a FAQ?

If we keep adding clarifications to the book we will never stop modifing the book and players will keep screaming that we change the rules all of the time. We do not ammend the constituion every time a judge makes a rule nor should we with a rule system.

We can put an FAQ together by skill. Some skills might have an FAQ and other's might not. As we get them we add them and if you have the skill you can look online for up to date info on how that skill gets interpretted.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Torakhan »

GM_Chris wrote:I have a question.

Something like this...can it not be on line in a FAQ?
That is something I've been asking about for years. As well as a document with official rule changes from the book (or even just to inform what the changes were from the previous edition.)
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I would say yes, except that currently no skill may be used in negatives so you can't activate Meditate if you are already in negatives (which I believe you want it to).

The regen part is a non issue since without meditate, you can't use any skills while at or below zero, and meditate says specifically that you may use regen.
marduk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by marduk »

Which really only applies to the Ga'Vin Monk. I was looking at Barbarian. You have to survive the battle, conscious, in order to get your life back.