New Dicipline Idea

Archived topics from the different rule forums.

Moderator: Admin

anyone think this is cool?

AWESOME! Why didn't I think of that?
23%
COOL! I thought of that a long time ago.
8%
EEH! If I thought of that I'd have kept it to myself.
23%
ICK! I'm glad I didn't think of that.
No votes
That's so horrible, I think I peed a little.
15%
It's an ok idea, it's the poll I hate!
31%

Total votes: 13
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Just for note, I'm against a hard cap. There is no drama there.

Chris, I never answered you on the frequency that someone is lower than -X life. My goal was never to worry about the normal day to day negatives (-1 to -10 or so) but to make going past that (as infrequent as it may be) scalingly scary.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Andian
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Andian »

I've gotten to -21 one time. That was while I played Ravinal durring the fuzzy bunny incident. Dalid was the one who brought me back from that explosion of magic.

Edit: Heh, correction, two times I reached -21. 30 boom to the back followed by an amazing amount of dismemberment.
Knight of the Frozen Way, Sir Andian Eannon
"Law is mind without reason."
--Aristotle
Verity and Equity
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

I personally think it's scary enough as it is. You have to have a fairly specific group of people and equipment together to save someone who is past -20. I get scared when I drop to -8, because if we are in direct combat, there is a good chance I may bleed out before anyone has time to heal me.

The game is deadly enough. If people can spend the time and resources necessary to bring people back from lower than that, it should be allowed. Also, all that being said, we're using up resources (Potions) much faster than they are being made, I've used up more at every event than I have been able to get replaced at the next one. Requiring certain restrictions with potion brewing (IE: They are interruptible in the brewing stage, require physreps even while brewing, disrupted if hit while carrying them) will also help with this perceived issue.

I think juice-boxes are a little too big (And you should NEVER require people to actually ingest something at a LARP), but some kind of vials would be great. Lambic had great vials.

Oh, and there WAS an item that allowed Mystic Healing to heal for more than one for lifepoint, plus it was NOT balanced with the current magic item building system. We have a few items like this and I think we need to do some house-cleaning on them. Now, as far as I know, that specific item was lost this last event, so if that was the case, problem solved, if it isn't, it needs to be retroactively changed in the off-season. Please don't make changes to an entire system based on magic items.

If we have the adrenaline junkies who need people to die more than that, I'm not sure what to say, again, I feel the game is more than deadly enough. I don't want to have to roll up a new character every other event or even every three. I don't want people to stop developing their characters or spending time/money on props because it's quite likely they will loose their characters anyway. More changes to the combat because "it's not deadly enough" will lower the quality of the roleplaying.

The people who make up the same characters with the same props won't care, but those who don't feel they can replace their characters over and over again in a brief span of time will loose interest.

It is deadly enough. It is deadly enough. It is deadly enough.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Good need to hear more fromt he other side. I like that.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

you only need one person, with 22 cure 1s to heal -100 in two minutes and no chip draw. Possibly less with special items.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Sheogorath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sheogorath »

the -30 death might be bad for all newbies and light armor carriers becasue if you have a elf empath with a certain item it makes them throw '35 magic'

then again that item is hard to make and upkeep so thats probably not a problem.

and im not even going to go into the arcane spell that throws like around 40 non magical damage.
I am me, except for when I am not, then I'm not me, I'm him. Then again when I am not me, who is me?
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Please find me the rule where it says you can even have more than 2 potions while in negatives. I just read death and dieing and the healing skill and I do not see it.

Thanks!
Chris
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Oh and I have another thoguht.

What if once surgery was performed and youa re not in positive life then you are dead. While surgery is happenign no other healing can happen.

Then you say the same thing for first aid.

:)

This means you cannot combine surgery and first aid, and you cannot use the surgery skill to add an extra minute all the while pumping down potions and such. :)
Chris
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

you can't have more than two

you get a mystic healer, and use the potions on THEM.
Travis Cole
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

mystic heal is also instant so not allowing mixing of first aid and surgery has little impact.

And Chris, just to answer, 4th level druid is the skill you are looking for.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

or paladin
Travis Cole
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

cole45 wrote:or paladin
what's paladin? :)
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

GM_Chris wrote:My question is how many people fall that far into negs? How often do people find themselves at neg 20? if it is rare then no need for a rule change and from what I can gather neg 15 is a cake walk.
This event I died 4 times. The first time I was at -17 before bleeding out. The second, - 82. The third -40. The forth was decapitation.

I'm just glad I sparked this much discussion.
GLOMP!
marduk
Town Member
Town Member

Post by marduk »

If I am reading correctly, Mystic Heal (4th Level Druid) is only instant is you have Transferrence (Basic Empath). Otherwise it takes a count per point (maybe 15?).
NewGuy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by NewGuy »

That is correct as currently written. And as a genuine (non-sarcastic) question, how often do we come across unicorns and phoenix?
GLOMP!